No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now, how do you make a salmon pate, oh wait you said patty. Rats, it sounded good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am making chicken liver pate.. but yeah.. salmon pate sounds awesome.. googling..
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• oh my...Cooks.com - Recipes - Salmon Pate Without Cream and Red Salmon Pate Recipe - Allrecipes.com

ummm... making salmon pate too!!! *swoon*
        Karin

Comment

• Awesome, you are soooo good to me! I have cans of salmon in my pantry, now I know what to do with them! I have been trying to think of a clever way to get the boys to eat salmon, I think this would work (I would give them crackers or pita chips for theirs).

p.s. I dehydrated some cukes. They had been in vinegar and salt, but not for long. They have a bitter aftertaste. If I do it again, I will salt and drain the cukes then rinse, pat dry and sprinkle with the vinegar. The salt/drain step removes the bitter taste from eggplant, I thik it would do the same for the cukes.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok wait.. I was going to dehydrate cukes.. can you tell me again step by step the best way to do cukes?
            Karin

Comment

• ok, so if I was to do it again....

I didn't peel them, and that might make them better, although I doubt I would bother.

But, first I would slice them up, not too thin, then put them in a colander and thoroughly salt them. Then let them drain for at least a half hour. Then rinse them, drain off the water, and towel them dry. Then I would taste one to see if it had any salt taste left (it should be enough, but add a touch more if they are very bland, remember the flavor will intensify), and sprinkle them with ACV. Then put them in the dehydrator.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• doing this tonight.. along with apples and bananas for Lily.
                Karin

Comment

• DH's fav is still zucchini, I sprinkled each tray with a different spice blend. Tasted more like potato chips. Now that summer is coming (or so they say!) the zucchini will be in high supply and cheap-so I will just keep cranking them out. He liked the apples, but not the bananas, I never got those crispy.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I had to dehydrate the snot out of the bananas then when they cooled, they crisped up.
                    Karin

Comment

• ahh, high heat and long time?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• About 48h
                        Karin

Comment

• wow, ok, I gave up before that. They make me turn it off when they are home cause they think it is too loud. So I can only run it at night.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• There is a saying about good intentions. Mine were good until I got home. I get so frustrated at so many things. I then get to the deserving pitfall SPEED talks about. I need to work on this pitfall probably more than the others.

Last night calories and carbs way over. weight the same this morning.

Made good pate last night. pan fried the chicken livers, added onion powder and garlic powder (I was out of fresh stuff). Then I popped it all in the food processor, deglazed the pan with some merlot, put them in food processor with salt, pepper and some dijon mustard. This was SO STINKIN GOOD!!! WOW! I tried to eat it on cukes but the cukes.. ugh.. did not taste good so I ate it off the spoon. lol I did not get to the salmon pate yet. Tonight that is the plan...

Sleep has been better recently. In fact, I did not want to get up this morning I was sleeping GOOD.
                            Karin

Comment

• yeah for good sleep.

Somehow, yesterday I had the right attitude about food all day. Wish I could figure out what flips the switch so that I could do it when I don't have the right attitude and so that I could pass the knowledge on to others.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I have my evening pre-tracked.. it is PERFECT! Now to just follow it and not get emotionally derailed.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X