No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes, you gotta take progress in any form that you can! Have a great day.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I would call your birthday cake/ice cream/pizza/margarita escapade "living life" You can't let your weight stop you from celebrating your birthday in what ever way you enjoy! But you can nip it in the bud.

You still sound a little down, so I would ask you to please do something, even 1 small thing, just for you today. Even if it is just a bath soak at the end of the day, with your aromatherapy oils dropped in, and set up a audio meditation (binaural beats on youtube, many are free, and for stress reduction). I am guessing you could download one to a cd or maybe your Kindle?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris- I will do something later today. After reading your post, I got out the only essential oil I have with me today called "Magnify your purpose" and put it on to help. Yes, I suppose I am a bit down. You know, its not the food-palooza that has caused this. Its the emotional roller coaster my daughter threw me on this weekend. I have got to do something to be a better mom and handle things better.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Children throw their parents onto emotional roller coasters, it is not a reflection of your mom qualities!

My worst mom moment, when we were living in different cities, I was with DD and DH had DS in Florida. First off letting him take DS with him was probably my worst mom decision ever! Then one day DD was whining about something and I snapped, and just started throwing stuff. Not at her, and nothing breakable (mostly cause we were very minimalist at the time and didn't have anything breakable in the tiny studio apt we were living in). The good thing about it was that it made her realize I had moments of crazy, and she needed to watch her step. Cleaned her act right up. That was also about the same time that I started to whisper at them when I got mad, mostly so I could control my temper, but boy was it effective-totally wigged them out!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• lunch out was good today. I have a Philly cheese omelet and cottage cheese instead of hash-browns. It was very yum.

No sunshine today and its cold (they are calling for MORE FLIPPING SNOW WED OR THURS) and its impacting my mood in a not so positive way. At least half the school day is about done. All I can think of right now is a nap sounds good.
            Karin

Comment

• SNOW?!?

Oh man, I miss living in Florida! I just finished mowing the lawn, and it went from sunny and warm to cloudy and very breezy-so I can't say the weeds as planned, gotta come up with a plan B, pulling them does not sound like a good plan B, but it looks like that is going to have to be it.

I am with ya, boy could I use a nap! Mondays are hard, because I tend to sleep in on Sundays. So I am not anywhere near tired enough to go to bed at 9:30 in order to even have a shot at 8 hours.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Ok.. we were to have sleet this morning, so far a few scattered drops. However, rain today and tomorrow.

Last night I got a call at 4pm that a slot opened up at DD's therapist... needless to say I snagged it and we ate on the fly. Good, bad and ugly I am determined to track it on MFP and then in my spreadsheet. Over on calories, WAY over on carbs as well but FBS this morning is 108. Weight is up 1. However, I just got to thinking, I have not taken ANY meds since Friday! This explains A LOT as well as retention of water.

I woke at 4am (very annoying) and feel sleepy even now.

Has anyone heard of Vema vitamins? They are liquid vitamins my mom takes. She wanted me to take it as I am still dealing with this cold/allergies to boost my immune system. I think they are working. I dunno. They are hella expensive though. I almost dont care HOW well they work, I am not going to spend that much for them.
                Karin

Comment

• Except for yesterday, I track everything....good, bad, ugly. I was tempted not to weight this morning, but I reminded myself that it is JUST a data point. Logged it and moving on.

I barely remember to take vitamins...like once every 6 months. DH is faithful. I have not seen that brand.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• its a brand you have to order from s supplier. A month is $75. It does not taste bad but ummm.. I am not paying that I dont care how good they are. I only remember my vitamins when they are with my meds. I take them all at the same time.
                    Karin

Comment

• I have never been good about taking pills-whether supplements or prescription-unless I thought one of the side effects was weight loss! But I am trying really hard.

I feel like I have heard of that, maybe in my gastro's office they had a brochure?

I think the only way I would consider plunking down $75 a month for them was if I witnessed a near miracle in my energy levels, reduction of appetite to the point that I was dropping fat like melting butter, quality of sleep like a baby, and made the rest of my medications/supplements unnecessary!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• agreed. I will say however, that as horrible as my cough sounds, I do not feel that bad. A little tired perhaps but thats it. I have not taken much medicine for this chest cold though.. I REALLY want my body to fight it itself if possible.
                        Karin

Comment

• So, after I read your comment about $75 vitamins, and because I am bored, I decided to roam around the internet. Turns out there is a certification that companies can get to let consumers know that the supplement actually contains what the label says it contains. It is either a USP or an NSF and should be clearly marked on the label.

I use Trader Joe's vitamins, and they are not marked (their website says they are "assayed for potency" but not by whom), so I will be switching over to the Kirkland brand (from Costco) as I run out. I just googled "USP certified supplements" and found this page...USP Verified Dietary Supplements | U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention

I couldn't find a similar one for the NSF certification, you have to search a product individually.

anyway fyi
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• checking in.. so far so good for today's food although I think I am shy protein and fat wise. I think I am making some pate tonight and will put it on cukes or in lettuce leaves. I dunno... need to upper that fat without over doing the carbs. I have to remind myself that I CAN go to 30 carbs if we are talking veggies.
                            Karin

Comment

• And it takes a lot of lettuce or cukes to really get serious carbs!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• yup.. thats what I figure. I may even make me a salmon patty for dinner as well.. that ought to upper my stuff nicely.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X