No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am making DH a boston creme pie for his birthday on Saturday. Oh it just occurred to me that Ruth's birthday is the day before my DH which explains (if you have any beliefs regarding horoscopes) why they have so many similarities. So I think I will push my dd to Monday so I can make sure that Sunday is a good ud, to make Monday easier.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So Lily and your dh share the same birthday
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• wow, April was a good month, or more correctly late July early August was a good month
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hahahah yup cuz my birthday is in a week.

OMG.. so, learned something new. When you eat bad one day then the next morning eat a high protein, high fat breakfast, your gut cleaned everything out. OH MY.. I need to keep hydrated.. I may skip part of my lunch today and just drink herb tea.
          Karin

Comment

• when I was dabbling with UDDD in March between trips, I found that many of my UD mornings were capped off by a clearing out of the intestinal track.

What the heck did we get started on everybody's journals today?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Its a wild day I guess. What I appreciate about the journals is that we are free to discuss anything we need to. lol
              Karin

Comment

• yep, that is the reason I keep one! It is also helpful to go back and see what I have tried that didn't work!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Results from yesterday:

cal: 1752
                  Carb: 33 I am proud of this number. Looking at my spreadsheet, this is an AWESOME number for me on an ud 7%
                  F: 134 68% almost
                  P: 112 25% a bit high but I can live with it today
                  Average calories for dd/up 1577 which I think is pretty spot on.

This morning:
                  CW: 277 -2 whoohoo
                  FBS: 140 WTF??
                  Observations: I am feeling tightening here and there. I like to think of it as fat disappearing. Also, sleep SUCKED last night. I woke every hour then went back to sleep. It was annoying but this morning I am not tired. hmmm

dd today is already entered in MFP. It consists of my coffee this morning and some bone broth today with bouillon cubes and a pat of butter. Dinner, I am planning a little to moderate salad. Not real exciting but TOMORROW, I am taking Lily to Red Robbin for dinner and well.. it will be an UD! As I was getting ready for work I was thinking how totally doable this would be forever. I mean, even when I plateau (we know it happens), it just works well. Now last night Little DEbbie and her thugs called to me, I ignored them.
                  Karin

Comment

• congrats on the loss!

FBS is a bugger, I need to get some sticks so I can get to monitoring it every day.

I only put a 1/2 pat of butter in my broth, last time I felt like a whole one was too rich. I honestly never ever thought I would "hear" myself say that! Especially about soup for heavens sake!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• That FBS is in the diabetic range. Have you had that checked out? Kymma just went on Metformin for pre diabetes and has been dropping weight like crazy.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Every time they do blood work on me, they say I am fine. Lately I have been having some crazy high FBS. Then yesterday it was 109. I just had a full blood make up and my A1C was like 5.3 which is good and they calculate my average FBS is 105.
                        Karin

Comment

• Maybe your meter needs calibration?
                          Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• This meter does not require recalibration so I am not sure.

OO feeling more than empty and its not a happy feeling. 50 minutes until I can heat and have my broth.. I should have done it on plan time
                            Karin

Comment

• My meter came with some liquid I was supposed to put on one of the sticks while it was in the meter to make sure it was reading correctly (is that calibrating it? I am a newb at this thing)
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Yes. For blood testing, You usually also have to make sure that you set the code on your machine the code on your bottle of test strips. Your meters may be different, however. I am using meters that belonged to my mother. They are a few years old.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X