No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, now we are all on the same schedule. DD it is!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I am pleased with how yesterday went. I forgot to weigh myself this morning though..grr tomorrow. So yesterday, starting the day with my coffee and CM was fine, then I had 2 cups of bone broth with bouillon and stayed on plan eating at the cafe with 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon.

Yesterday stats:
      cal 481
      carb-4
      fat-35
      p-36

UD today but not going crazy..LOL.. well anymore than normal.

I have a dilemma. DD's bday is Sat. so treats need to go to school Friday. Here is the deal, I CAN NOT take off work to bring them up so she will need to take some treats that transport well but that are not "ordinary". I mean, you know, this is a birthday. In the past I have done cupcakes, special cookies from a cookie store, I have even done a fruit mosaic one year with yogurt. This is the last birthday she will have at school since she is heading to the big ol' 6th grade next year. I am looking for cute or clever, "special", fun- any or all of the above.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• You are the coolest mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about something like this? This crazy world we live in / Birthday treat for school! Robots!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I can not bring up the picture because work has pintrest blocked. However, I have seen a juice box turned into a robot and it would be cute. I don;t think they would make it to school and still be cute though. LOL. I have been googling and am even game to having some cheese pizza delivered and cut into party piece size with juice boxes.
          Karin

Comment

• Can you drop something off the night before (I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask)?
            -- Ruth

Comment

• By the time I get to town everyone from the school is already gone.
              Karin

Comment

• It seems to me that well packaged cookies might be your best bet? or maybe cookie balls, dipped in chocolate, or even truffles can be sturdy. I dunno, I will think on it some more.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Okay, I think these are cool I'd take them for my birthday (but, I'm not young and hip!). 14 Amazing Push Pop Treats {recipes} - Tip Junkie
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• The push pops are cute but so MUCH work and I am not a baking girl. LOL
                    Karin

Comment

• No baking necessary, just get store bought brownies or a box you make on a cookie sheet instead of in an 8x8 pan (it may take 2 boxes) , couple of cans of colored frosting, some small candy bits and make parfaits right in the pop-ups. use the container to cut out the brownie, shove it down in there, plop some frosting on top, add the candies, or you can do 2 layers of brownie and 2 layers of frosting and top with the candy. Or just buy mini-cupcakes and put them in there, with some kind of candy wafer ontop.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, so I googled "birthday treats for school" and did the images. A couple of ideas....

-Twinkies with a printed wrapper on each.
                        -Print a piece of paper "thanks for making my birthday s'more fun" make "s'mores" by taking graham cracker smear with fluff (or use Kraft stackable marshmallows, or even PB if that is still allowed) put a chocolate bar then the other half of the graham cracker. Put in baggie and staple the note to the front.
                        -There are actually more than a few ideas where you put different things in a baggie (a starburst, a kiss, a marker, a rolo) close the bag and attach a printed note to it.

You are a much nicer mom than I ever was! The only time I did anything like this was the few times that DS's birthday fell on the weekend when they had church camp. I could be wrong, but I don't remember ever taking stuff to the classroom for birthdays. I did make some wild cakes for their small gatherings of friends/family at the house though.
                        -
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I am an OK mom. In the past I have been known to buy the rice crispy treats and juice boxes and call it good. However, it being the LAST time I thought something unusual is in order. I like the graham cracker idea.. that is cute. However, I am also liking the $10 pizza idea and juice boxes. LOL Lazy lazy lazy me!

So far the up day is going well. The weather has put a damper on everything though. For 2 days it has been cold and rainy. We have had it spit hail and sleet at times as well. This after 70+ degrees on the weekend.

I took some more bone broth out of the freezer for tomorrows dd. If I can be liquid during the day and save the majority of my calories for the evening like I did Monday I will be happy.
                          Karin

Comment

• Well this morning I am at 279. I do not know what my weight was Monday and Tuesday but I know it was 281 on Sunday.

So Mondays calories were 481
                            Tuesdays calories were 1875 for an average of 1178. However, my macros for yesterday were out of control. Carbs: 42, fat: 131 and protein 110. I will agree since it was an up day, I did not stress about eating certain foods. I KNOW I could have made some better choices but chose not to.

For todays dd, I have pre-entered my journal. Standard dairy free coffee for breakfast, 2 cups bone broth with bouillon for lunch, or while I am at school and then tonight I am frying up some ground turkey breast and will season it to have either a taco salad or some sort of lettuce wrapped tacos. I would like to find a recipe for a more asian seasoning for asian lettuce wraps with it tonight maybe.
                            Karin

Comment

• Woo hoo, Karin, a drop! Onward.

Have a great day. Sounds like you have a good plan going.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• One of my favorite cookies that is a bit special, and holds up well is the Chocolate Chip S'More. (Obviosly- NOT primal!)

Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, substituting graham cracker crumbs for half the flour. Make twice as many cookies as you need finished CCSMs. Make the cookies on the small side, about 2" diameter.

Working with three or four at a time, place cookies, flat side UP, on a plate. Top each with 1/2 of a large marshmallow. Zap in the microwave until the marshmallows puff up and get soft. Immediately top each marshmallow with another cookie, flat side DOWN. Let cool/firm up. These make generous sandwich-style cookies.

Nice to see a drop. Your calorie counts look good. Good job!
                                Last edited by Sabine; 04-03-2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X