No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang in there. Those life events are hard! Mmmm....sorry about the gland...could be a combo of all kinds of things. Eat well and have a great day.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• mmm mmm good. That bone broth ROCKS! I also put a cube of bouillon in it for the sodium. It also hits the spot due to not feeling well.

I have pre-journaled most of my day so far.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I put bouillon and salt and salted butter in my broth. I like me some salt!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I LOVE salt. I even (sometimes) add it to my tea. I have some type of caramel tea (just okay), add salt, salted caramel
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I like me some salt too... but you should see DD.. oh my gosh.. if it does not have salt, she does not want it.
            Karin

Comment

• DS is the same way, if I salt it he will eat it. Dh on the other hand, doesn't like it at all, so I try to remember not to salt things while I am cooking.

Salted caramel tea sounds fantastic!!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• About the cholesterol: remember that a high total is seen as bad according to CW, which 1) lowered the standard from 220 to 200, automatically pushing many people into high risk, and 2) is based on the Lipid Hypothesis corollary, that high cholesterol is bad for your heart, a theory which is under(in my opinion, justified) attack. If half the people who have heart attacks have FINE cholesterol numbers, according to CW, how do BAD numbers make you more at risk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  About the cholesterol: remember that a high total is seen as bad according to CW, which 1) lowered the standard from 220 to 200, automatically pushing many people into high risk, and 2) is based on the Lipid Hypothesis corollary, that high cholesterol is bad for your heart, a theory which is under(in my opinion, justified) attack. If half the people who have heart attacks have FINE cholesterol numbers, according to CW, how do BAD numbers make you more at risk?
                  YES! This! I have heard SO OFTEN about folks having heart attacks and they were "healthy" by CW standards.

oh and caramel tea??? YUM!!!
                  Karin

Comment

• Hungry. Ready to go home and eat dinner.
                    Karin

Comment

• drink something, it will pass.

It is odd that I tend to feel hunger more on my ud than on my dd. In my long experience of doing it for a few days
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• ^Me too. Although today, major appetite suppression. I'm at 1100 calories. Don't have any interest in more food. Go figure....
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, yesterday I think I did well for a DD. Dinner was good but could NOT get to sleep. I had a nagging feeling. Hunger? I dunno. I had a 88% dark chocolate square and was then able to go to sleep. Go figure. So for the last 2 days:

UP: 2471
                          DD: 642
                          Average: 1556 Which is OK, but not great. I would like it down to about 1300-1400. Trying not to look at macros.

Sleep: Pretty good. I am waking right before the alarm goes off. I think the aromatherapy is helping.
                          CW: 280 -2 again.. I am ready for the up/down to GO AWAY and just GO DOWN
                          FBS: 122 This I just DO NOT GET.

I ave to say, that bone broth I made this last time is Ohmygosh SO GOOD!
                          Karin

Comment

• It's okay to start that way. That's what I did - my first DDs were in the 600 range and then started dropping. I do fine to fall asleep, but know that it sometimes causes a problem. Perhaps most of your DD calories before bedtime?

On the weight, give it a full week. I did not see my first real drop for more than a week (I started on Mar 9 and did not see that real drop until Mar 19).
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• For an UP, I sure can't eat as much as you would think. I refuse to eat more than my body wants (I have done that my whole life and its a habit that needs changing)
                              Karin

Comment

• ok so the update for yesterday:

calories 2122 (still lower than optimal. I think I am suppose to have 2200-2300 but I could NOT eat more)
                                CW: 281 up 1 this time
                                FBS: 130 What the...????
                                Sleep: last night or rather this morning sucked! I woke up in ovary pain which is odd considering I don't have those anymore. I am going to track this though in case I need to get back in. Hoping a cyst has not returned to the area. What it can attach to though I have no idea.

non-scale victory- Lily said while hugging me "Mommy, my fingers touch". I said "your fingers have always touched" she said " not laced together". So why am I not seeing this on the scale or even in my clothes sometimes?

DD today. I have had my coffee. I tried to dilute my CM but yeah, its not blending smooth. Anyway, after a large cup, I am hungry and its only 7am. I am going to have to eat my bone broth earlier than lunch time and possible have more bouillon during the day today.

TGIF
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X