The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    Lifting the morning of DD is probably great. You are still fueled from your previous UD.
    This was my thinking.

Actually, I started some weight work this morning because of flabby arms and loose skin.. its all fueled by vanity.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Looking at the cholesterol info, according to the Iranian formula my cholesterol is 180. I would assume this is a more accurate total cholesterol than the 275 that is reported. While I will show this to my doctor, I will have him compare than the triglicerides have gone down and the HDL has come up.
      Karin

Comment

• I didn't catch the Iranian formula. I was just looking at the ratio vis a vis the risk factors.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• To be honest, I did not understand the whole ratio thing. I wish it would say, "xyz" ratio is good l"mnop" ratio is bad.

Well for an UP, I did not plan well today. Although, I have to say, I am not "hungry" but I can eat. This would explain why I am overweight. Currently fighting a virus I think. My right gland under my chin has been sore since last night. For years I have used food as a medicine. So now, I am drinking my dandelion tea but will move onto a cup of bouillon when I am done and or a cup of coffee. Anyway, for lunch I brought a chicken breast and a 1/2 a cucumber. My calories for the day are lacking a bit. I think for dinner I am going to do a nice fritatta with ham and some veggies (no cheese-still dairy free). I may end with some bakers chocolate and a little sunbutter dessert. I need to plan my UP's as well as my DD's. Tonight I will pre-measure my bone broth to take for lunch etc. tomorrow.
          Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-26-2013, 09:12 AM.
          Karin

Comment

• Those sciencey articles are never direct!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• well rats, I thought the link was to his "previous post" which now is a broken link. take your HDL and divide it by your triglyceride and that ratio should ideally be close to 2.3 or above. (or 1 or better if the measure is mg/dl)

and for me I think it will be more important to plan and weigh out my food for my ud's to prevent a tendency to keep adding cream/butter/coconut oil to everything!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK.. HDL is 64, triglicerides is 85.

64 divided by 85= .75

??????

I will be planning and weighing UP's in the future.
                Karin

Comment

• ok, when I get home I will see if I don't have the real article I was trying to send you. Sorry, that just doesn't look right does it.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• well I found this...Cholesterol HDL/LDL/Triglycerides Ratios Calculator 2013
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Ok, using the calculator on the site you provided it says:
                      total cholesterol HIGH RISK
                      LDL VERY HIGH RISK
                      HDL OPTIMAL
                      TRIGLYCERIDES NORMAL

Ratios
                      Cholesterol/HDL ratio is 4:30 which they say is GOOD
                      LDL/HDL ratio is 3.031 which they say is GOOD
                      Triglycerides/HDL is 1.3828 is IDEAL

So.. while the ratio's seem fine.. the total and LDL are not.
                      Karin

Comment

• So to make you feel better about the total and the LDL you need to read the studies that this guy posts...HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE

he generally just gives a summary of the study and a link if you want to read the whole thing. I would say you are in pretty good shape.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Crap crap crap..dd has an appt tonight..eating on the go tonight...grrr
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            So to make you feel better about the total and the LDL you need to read the studies that this guy posts...HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE

he generally just gives a summary of the study and a link if you want to read the whole thing. I would say you are in pretty good shape.
                            Thanks for the website. My test results dont look so bad afterall
                            Karin

Comment

• yep, mine were pretty close to yours and the doc wanted me to start statins, but I declined. I will take my chances with my diet/genetics as opposed to those things!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I am not planning on statins and next time I go to the Doc I will take some research. Although, my doctor is pretty open minded.

UP yesterday was a bust. I WILL GET THE HANG OF THIS. I will also call it what it was, a pity feast. DD had an appt last night, we went and my dinner was awesome (and primal) UNTIL the free tiramisu cake that accompanies it. Who knew? I can honestly say when I got home and snacked it was not because I was hungry. DD's appt was tough last night and I was not feeling well. This morning while putting on my make-up (something I have not done in 2 days because I dont feel well) I noticed a bulge on the right side of my neck. So, glands are swollen.. yeah me. I started some Afrin. Whether it was 1. the rapid change in weather, or 2. lack of sleep catching up with me or 3. rapid change in altitudes on vacation or 4. swimming and residual water in the ear, I have no idea. I guess it does not matter.

Today is a DD and my bone broth is done. Perfect for today and how I am feeling anyway.

FBS 116 (not bad considering the crap from last night)
                                CW 282 +2 again
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X