No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the ladies - an awesome writer - has been detailing her journey on JUDDD. Reading her weekly updates is what finally convinced me to give it a whirl. Here's a link to all of her posts. JUDDD over 14 weeks - Low Carb Friends
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks Ruth that looks like it will be helpful. I do not do well with straight success stories but dollowing along with simeone is very helpful to me.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree with Chris. Thank you ladies for your tips. I will look into them today.

Today
        CW 282 +2
        FBS one meter said 94, the relion said 124 I have a feeling the relion is more accurate that the one I bought for use in testing ketones. I am going to track a bit and see. The relion does not require calibration as the other one does. So today is my first DD. I am off to a slow start as I am back to work, its 23 degrees, I did not have my coffee this morning (DD was not wanting to get up) I could go on, but you get the idea. I will say this though, my shoes are coming off and slippers are going on (yes I keep slippers at school) that will improve my day I think- my classroom is COLD. I am planning on making some coffee or tea with CM and have 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch. Not sure what dinner will look like but I have bone broth bubbling away at home. It probably will not be done until tomorrow though. I did bring my bouillon with me today though.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Being warm ALWAYS improves my day!!!!!

You can do this. I know you're starting a bit up -- probably from your vacation -- but it WILL come back down. Take a look at my stats to see that

I need to get some bone broth brewing myself
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I bought some marrow bones, roasted them, put them in a crockpot with onions, bay, garlic S&P oh and dehydrated celery.

Ooo.. I also bought a beef heart.. now to figure out how to cook that puppy.
            Karin

Comment

• I keep saying this - I want to try and corn the beef heart. I think it will be really good. That, or I want to make jerky. Supposed to make an awesome jerky!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• check chowstalker for the beef heart recipes.

Karin, you are going to have to get thick skinned about that metal monster doing this uddd experiment, a lot of bouncing around happens. For my dd's morning tea (which I use to replace my coffee, which I don't drink at home anymore) I use thinned coconut milk and make it an iced drink. My canned coconut milk is from Trader Joes, and it is "light". I put the contents of the can into a half gallon container and fill it the rest of the way with water. 8 oz of that is 30 calories, I mix this with the prepared tea, add stevia and ice and sip away. I know this doesn't sound as appealing on a 23degree day, but it give me more fluid and is more filling than if I just drink the tea with a splash of CM.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I got a little heart because I wanted to try it and I am the only one who will eat it, I think. I will look into corning it though.

Chris- Brrr the thought of cold tea makes me shiver today. These 60/20, 60/20 degree days just suck. There is no other way to describe it. LOL However, I like the idea of thinning the CM especially for DD's. That is a good idea. I am using the tropical traditions CM. I need to drink some bouillon as the tummy is growling at my already.

In regards to the metal monster.. I am trying to be thick skinned. I am trying to be analytical and just report in my spreadsheet. I know in the end it is what it is. I have been on this roller coaster for years, I just try not to get sick.
                  Karin

Comment

• I started using the trader joes CM because it is just coconut milk and water, nothing else is added. I don't know if the tropical traditions would mix after you added the water and put it in the fridge? Maybe if you took the "cream" off the top, then just mixed the liquid with less water. Or maybe if they have a light version? I just put the trader joes stats into "recipe" in MFP then made it 8 servings instead of 5, and call it homemade cm, and that is how I figured out the details for tracking. It is about 30 calories for 8oz that way.

I just finished my smoothie and my fingers are almost numb! I am off to make a cup of hot tea!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• tropical traditions is coconut milk, water and gar gum. What the heck is gar gum? Hmmm... I need to work on this at home. No pitchers to thin it here.
                      Karin

Comment

• guar gum is a thickening agent. I am pretty sure it is considered primal, but it may create an issue with the mixing. You will have to experiment with it.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• ok. I also like that Thai kitchen coconut milk. Not sure if gar gum is in that one.

I have pre-entered most of my DD today. Is it me or does it look bleak..
                          Karin

Comment

• you are still like 170 short right? I think that we will learn to focus on something other than food while we endure our dd's!

p.s. I tend to eat things on my dd's that are a lot of food for a few calories, this is when I will eat a stir fry or salad, you get a lot of green veggies for very few calories. I ordered some of the konjac noodles to add to roasted cabbage and maybe a small piece of fish or shrimp.
                            Last edited by demuralist; 03-25-2013, 09:04 AM.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• ok, if it really is gar gum, I don't know what that is, but I think most of them have a thickening agent in them, the light probably just has less.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• yup..about 170 short. A salad is a pretty good idea. I happen to have just bought salad stuff last night since my fridge was bare from being gone..lol
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X