No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe... I will see. The thing about Pueblo is that its all about Mexican Food and Italian Food. The two rivals each other. Lot of Italians here and they pride themselves on their crust. I will see what I can do though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The Mexican does not surprise me. The Italian does
      -- Ruth

Comment

• ahhh but Pueblo is where Italian Mafia comes to retire, or so I am told
        Karin

Comment

• Okay, you are going to have to take me out more this summer. I love CO, but not sure Pueblo would be my choice of retirement
          -- Ruth

Comment

• LOL.. oh we are going to go everywhere!!
            Karin

Comment

• ok.. its 10:35.. I think I slept OK.. not great but better than 2 days prior and am feeling sleepy. Inactivity? Altitude? I dont know, I feel ready for a nap but have not done anything yet.
              Karin

Comment

• Betcha it is altitude, or maybe inactivity.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• When I'm on vacation, I'm always really tired. I figure it's my busy life catching up with me
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• So, I am journaling come hell or high water while on vacation. There has been some flubs but I have tried to estimate as best as I can (Lord help me!). I try and err on the side of caution and estimate high. When I am home I am better able to deal with the problem of here is what I have had today.. what can I have for dinner?

I have also been pushing the water (with ACV) along with decaf coffee (I know its a diuretic and am counting on that assistance) to help keep the swelling down today and into tonight. I am not sure its working
                    Karin

Comment

• I know this may sound odd, but for me one of the things that makes the swelling worse in my ankles is sitting in chairs that are high, where the seat hits the back of my thighs and my feet just hit the ground (my legs are on the short side from knee to ankle). these include my dining room chairs. When we have company I have to wear heels so that my ankles don't swell if we sit and chat at that table for a while. It is crucial to put your feet up and/or keep them moving. That fluid needs to be pushed back toward the organs.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I have been sitting around today and my legs feel leaden.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I have been keeping my feet up for the most part while sitting today. I just woke from a nap though and feel great. I slept for a couple of hours (I did not mean to sleep that long and hope it does not affect sleeping tonight). I have filled up my large travel glass again since I have finished the one before that had ACV in it.

I am missing AS when it comes to my ACV and water. I put in a little honey as every article I have read says natural is better when you do use it. Honey is a killer on the macros and its somewhat affective to dilute the sourness but I think I just need to suck it up and think "lemon water" "lemon water" and just skip it.

My stepmom has started another round of HCG injections (her last was over a year ago and she does not have near as much to lose as me). For her, this method works. I tried a few rounds and while I did lose (who wouldn't on 500 calories a day), it all came back. (Side note: Even on this my body plateaued!!) However, talking with her she is talking more and more paleo. She knows she has an issue with grains and dairy but like most of us, the initial thought of giving them up was absurd. I am hoping she comes around.

I will say, today I dodged a pizza escapade for lunch. I had leftovers of the smoked ribs dad made when Ruth was here. They were a little smokey for me but still tasty.

edit: I am not sure I will be able to quit AS. Especially since its the only sweet I get. *le sigh* have not caved... yet
                          Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-19-2013, 04:43 PM.
                          Karin

Comment

• the first few days of any kind of change are always the hardest. If you drop it for 3 weeks and see no change then you can move on to something else.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• For me, too many changes at once leads to failure (unless I'm stress free and can just focus on my diet...rarely happens). You might focus on priorities - 1 month no dairy, then move onto AS. Just a thought. But, you know I'm here to support you which ever way you decide.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth- I think you are right on this one. Dairy is a toughie all its own. I am doing the dairy thing first and will see how it goes. CM in coffee is ok, but I miss the creaminess of the HWC. I think dairy would affect weight long before AS anyway.

This morning:
                                FBS 94- I had some of dad's green chili last night and he uses corn starch as a thickener in it so that would explain an increase
                                Swelling- my left foot still has it. I have a feeling it will go down today as I go to lower elevation. (I am leaving today instead of yesterday)
                                Sleep- terrible.. could not GET to sleep and then STAY asleep. It will catch up with me I know this afternoon.

So, today we are leaving (probably after lunch or at lunchtime) per Lily's request. What has been nice about this visit is Lily's relationship with the family is better. Can you say diagnosis and meds? Although, she has been homesick as only I can really see in her behavior. She will be happier when we are back to a familiar schedule. I am not sure if I am driving through straight home or if we will stop. We will probably stop since my sleep last night was awful.

For today I have mayo and hard boiled eggs ready to go to travel with. I am also bringing some great frozen green chilis home.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X