No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about Arizona-really lovely and very dry! Although not as close to family. Does mom have something against being nearer the family?

My FBS was lowest this morning after an up day (and higher carbs than I have had in months) as well. Great, a new data point to confound us!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My cousin would LOVE for us to move to AZ but their cost of living is pretty high I think. I do not think she is against moving closer to family per se but she did not have a good experience with Colorado. She does not need to be close to her family as she does not have much relationship with them there.

Weird FBS!! I agree another part of data that makes NO SENSE! Glad I was not alone in that one.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Tennessee has been listed as having the lowest cost of living. Although I am not sure that holds in the cities, probably would have to be in the smaller towns. But this would be moving you away from family, especially if you went small town mountains. And the humidity here is high.

The list, in case you are interested....

2. Oklahoma
        3. Arkansas
        4. Texas
        5. Utah
        6. Idaho
        7. Nebraska
        8. Kentucky
        9. Indiana
        10. Mississippi
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks Chris. I will look into it. Of course my dad refuses to visit because he says he HATES Kansas (lame), anyway.. he might visit elsewhere (but I doubt it so it doesn't matter).

Oh hey!! Just got the email that I got a scholarship for KATS Kamp. This is the state level conference for science teachers! $275 I do not have to come up with! HA!
          Karin

Comment

• awesome!!! Congrats
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Cool!

I hadn't thought Arizona's cost of living was bad these days....though I'm still rooting for NM
              -- Ruth

Comment

• well either the altitude caught up with me, or the green chili I had today was drowning in salt OR I am drinking so much/not enough water my body has decided to store it but my left ankle/foot looks horrendous with swelling. I swear it did not just come on gradually, it was like a balloon. However, my rings are fine. In fact, slight barely noticeable swelling in the right ankle and the left is a cankle. Happens EVERY stinking time.

I leave tomorrow but feel so tired. Of course with the time change, its almost 8 at home which is my reg. bedtime. My body just KNOWS when it should have down time. You would think an hour should not make much difference but for me it does.
                Karin

Comment

• I can go backwards, but forwards kicks my rear each time. Story about the swelling
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Ugh, sorry about the swelling. I live with that all the time. My right ankle is never perfectly normal.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I almost always need a vacation from my vacations. Raise that leg up and keep wiggling it. Muscle contractions help move the interstitial fluids back to the kidneys
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• thanks Chris, I will do that. The headache is also back. What in the world is up with that?? I have battled it since I got here!

On the plus side, dad grilled pork loin tonight.. yum! I am not sure I am ready to head back tomorrow but there are things that need to be done before school starts next week.

I am so tired.. I am going to try and turn in.
                        Karin

Comment

• Went to bed and the headache went away, woke up and its back. GRRR

It looks like we are staying another day. Lily begged for one more day even at the risk of losing a pool night in a hotel. The thing is we are planning a trip back this summer but should anything prohibit that, having her spend as much time here as possible is a good thing.

What are today's plans?? Not a clue. Yesterday my dad took us the see the new Oz movie. While rated PG, it still had Lily jumping. Perhaps we will go to the children's museum that she loves to visit.. we will see.

FBS 84 (I had a primal dinner last night)

I am going to try and keep things "normal" today and see if I can not reverse some of the swelling. The swelling went down over night but is not gone. I can not tell you its painful, just uncomfortable.

Paula's article on artificial sweeteners was timely. I think its what I need to kick me in the butt and get them gone. However, I might try my hand at growing stevia this summer and drying it in the dehydrator.

I am almost out of HWC (that I brought with me). I brought a can of coconut milk that I am going to have to open and use. It would be nice to see a WHOOSH in weight-loss from dropping the AS and dairy before I head back to school next week.
                          Karin

Comment

• It's hard. You want to see family and enjoy vacation, but it's good to get home and get things in order so that you are rested and ready for school again. Hope you have a great day and that the swelling goes down! Do you have any ACV?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I am not sure if there is ACV here. I will check. Dad wants pizza today.. le sigh.. I had a bite of Lily's crust yesterday which also might be a contributing factor to some swelling as well.
                              Karin

Comment

• Maybe they will make that crustless version you can get at home?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X