No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy hypothesis and what-if running through my brain.. maybe I am having a mid-life crisis...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• hahaha, that is what happens when you spend hours chatting with people till all hours of the night! Happens to me every time I go "home".
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I did not realize how homesick I was for the region. Even if I did not move back to Colorado, moving more in the vacinity..or just finding a job where I make more money for me and Lily.... ugh..
        Karin

Comment

• Is teacher pay low in Kansas?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• would you be able to take you years in if you change states? My aunt moved from PA to Florida and was able to take her time in with her...very helpful
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• pay is OK.. teachers salaries are never optimal. The salaries tend to go with the cost of living in my opinion.

Chris- there are many states where the licenses are reciprocal. Mom retires in like 3 years or so and we are talking about whether or not we are going to stay in Kansas anyway. We really do not have roots. Although, Lily is not loving the idea so we do ot discuss it much around her.

I suggested New Mexico or Colorado to mom. Getting home would take less time that way and the air is dry.. pretty dry. She counters with Oklahoma and Texas. LOL! I would be fine teaching in Oklahoma. I DO NOT want to teach in Texas. However, I am also looking into other job options... nothing definite.
              Karin

Comment

• does she have ties in the states she suggests?

I am always curious how people decide to move to a totally different state. We moved because of DH's job, if I had my way we would not be so far from my parents or the beach. His parents were in PA and he moved to Florida for his last job. But in reality he is closer to my parents than he was to his. My parents are very open and loving and fun. His parents were very....tight (they were German, mine are Mediterranean-Italian and Croatian). But the idea of just picking a state really boggles my mind.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Ooh, I love moving to new places. Of course, I don't have much family, and for a long time now, we just move mom with us. I wouldn't mind moving closer to some of DH's family...but generally, I'm up for anything
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Does DH have family in the states?

I still have family in PA as well as NC. But all of my immediate family is in Florida. I am a Florida girl at heart and we do plan to retire there. Even the thought of having to move now actually makes me tired.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      does she have ties in the states she suggests?

I am always curious how people decide to move to a totally different state. We moved because of DH's job, if I had my way we would not be so far from my parents or the beach. His parents were in PA and he moved to Florida for his last job. But in reality he is closer to my parents than he was to his. My parents are very open and loving and fun. His parents were very....tight (they were German, mine are Mediterranean-Italian and Croatian). But the idea of just picking a state really boggles my mind.
                      She does not have ties anywhere. We are basically looking at state structure, job availability and climate. We moved to Kansas because mom got a job here. So I quit my job, moved with her and then went back to school. The humidity really aggravates my asthma. Truely since we moved here I have had respiratory issues which is why I am thinking dry climate. However, my choices also involve my missing the mountains and being closer to my family.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Does DH have family in the states?

I still have family in PA as well as NC. But all of my immediate family is in Florida. I am a Florida girl at heart and we do plan to retire there. Even the thought of having to move now actually makes me tired.
                      UGH.. this. However, should we make another state-wide move or significant move, we are taking VERY LITTLE. Some things are just easier to purchase again.
                      Karin

Comment

• dinner was a bust! Calories.. not-a-clue. There was just SO MANY OPTIONS. I started off strong and a crab rangoon called me to the dark side.
                        Karin

Comment

• This morning I thought my FBS would be shot. However, this morning it was 95. Lower than the previous primal evening-ish dinner with Ruth except my dad used the rub with brown sugar.

I have been drinking water, but apparently not enough.. my throat is sore and my nose is stuffy and I think its the dryer climate. My body has lost its Colorado acclamation because I have also been sleepy tired. Speaking of sleep, it was much better last night.

On today's agenda:
                          - morning..not sure It would be nice to drive to the mountains. It only take @ 30 minutes to get there.
                          -afternoon- sister time I think we are getting mani/pedi's.
                          -evening- I think we are going to the movies with the fam to see the new Oz movie

Before I leave tomorrow I have to have some authentic green chili.. Kansas does NOT know what it is and unless I make it myself (which does not taste as good) I am SOL.
                          Karin

Comment

• Yum. Green chili.....

Oh, yay, mani/pedi sounds divine
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickolas587
                              I am fairly tall for a woman 5’6”. Today I feel taller! It must be the skinny girl in me standing up straight.
                              stupid spammer
                              Karin

Comment

• PS.. my day is pre-tracked. Now to just keep with it.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X