No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes on MFP, I didn't think so till I went to add FBS to my list and saw it there. Since your GWF syncs it might.

So is today the day you guys meet up?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It is, it is Can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• me either, I am living vicariously so send photos!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yup. What she said.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Good Morning!! Why I am up so flippin early, I have no idea.

5 hours of talking last night!!! Meeting Ruth was so much fun! Dinner was fab (of course, my dad slow smoked ribs all day) and the salad was colorful! Ruth has the pics so she will be sharing soon. However, we should have taken pics before because we took them at the end of the night (it was late) and we both look tired! LOL

So recap since I started this trip:

Friday dinner was at a locally owned mexican restaurant. Hard to find items to be able to track. In the end I just said eff it and had a dish with chicken, onions, spinach and a cheese sauce. The waiter looked at me funny when I said no rice or tortillas so he brought me 2x the beans. LOL Those of course were left on the plate. After we checked in, we went swimming and had the pool all to ourselves. I got a few laps in which felt good after driving for 3 hours. However, I probably burned more calories playing with Lily.
            Sleep was slow in coming for both of us. I think it was a combination of 1. new environment 2. anticipation and 3. being over tired. We got to sleep about midnight then got up @ 6a so we could get on the road.

Sat. had breakfast at the hotel. I should have made a better choice. I went over on macros and calories. We had a 5 hour drive ahead of us and needed to get there late morning because my step mom had tickets to the childrens theatre. They were 3 scottish actors doing all the roles for a play called "The mark of zorro". I have never seen a production like this. It was so clever and the script was witty and entertaining! When I told Lily the name of the title she said, what's a zorro? Oh man, we are so old. LOL That evening I went and picked up Ruth to take her to my parents house for dinner. 5 hours of talking was just NOT ENOUGH although I will admit I would be better at conversation if I had been better rested. lol I got to meet Muna after taking Ruth back. Adorable couple, let me tell you!

mini vent:
            So I come back to my parents house to find that my dad has given my 10 year old daughter a REAL steel sword (a childs sword from India) with a scabbard. The thing is OLD. Dad had a fantastic story about it being 500 years old and from a Indian child training for the army or some such until Lily saw the words MADE IN INDIA. Not sure when it was made in India but the darn thing is OLD. SO.. then he is like "you need lessons and I can't give them because I'm here and your in KAnsas". Dad KNEW I would not approve, even said so but did not seem to care and said kind of a "I bought it for her so there!". He then wants her to be able to go shooting etc. etc. OMG.. how many Bourbons did he HAVE while I was gone? This might explain my headache today.

I am doing a double BPC this morning and calling breakfast good so I can track something normal for me. Today we are going to the ARC consignment, which I have never been but hear wonderful things and then this evening family time with Nana (whose health is not so good) and various Pueblo family on my step moms side that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Dinner tonight is chinese take out though..UGH! I was thinking to maybe have some HB egg yolks and mayo with celery before going to maybe offset the eating? Suggestions here would be nice.

Not sure what Monday will bring. Hopefully a trip to the mountains. Going to the mountains seems to just ground me and is the best anti-depressant med out there. Maybe thats why I never needed them when I lived here. Well, off to make my BPC and find some asprin.
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• sounds wonderful! really fantastic!

My suggestions...focus on the fun then the food will not be as alluring. When eating is out of my control I try to focus on the veggies (I know you don't love that one) and drink as much fluid as I can get my hands on.

p.s. on the whole kids and sword thing, you just have to let Lilly know it is a display piece too valuable to actually swing around or anything and maybe hang it on a wall at home to emphasize the point. My uncle has given my DS a sword and a gun, both when he was much younger, they are on display in our house, NOT to be pulled down off the wall. Her going shooting (assuming a safety lesson precedes the actual shooting will be a fun memory for her).
              Last edited by demuralist; 03-17-2013, 05:19 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Did you know that Zorro means Fox in Spanish?

For dinner tonight order steamed chicken and vegetables without rice, sauce on the side. This is usually located in the "diet" menu section, but even if it is not, they will do it for you.

Glad you had fun with Ruth.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  sounds wonderful! really fantastic!

My suggestions...focus on the fun then the food will not be as alluring. When eating is out of my control I try to focus on the veggies (I know you don't love that one) and drink as much fluid as I can get my hands on.

p.s. on the whole kids and sword thing, you just have to let Lilly know it is a display piece too valuable to actually swing around or anything and maybe hang it on a wall at home to emphasize the point. My uncle has given my DS a sword and a gun, both when he was much younger, they are on display in our house, NOT to be pulled down off the wall. Her going shooting (assuming a safety lesson precedes the actual shooting will be a fun memory for her).
                  I said as much regarding the sword last night. As for shooting, I have no problems eventually taking her shooting. She actually wants archery lessons and fencing.. umm little town.. you talk fencing they ask wood or chain-link? LOL

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Did you know that Zorro means Fox in Spanish?

For dinner tonight order steamed chicken and vegetables without rice, sauce on the side. This is usually located in the "diet" menu section, but even if it is not, they will do it for you.

Glad you had fun with Ruth.
                  I talked with s-mom and asked about ordering me steamed chicken and veg, sauce on the side and said she did not think it would be a problem. I did not know it means fox in spanish.. I will let her know. Thank you!! She now has another spanish word to her vocabulary!
                  Karin

Comment

• weight- I am on vacation.. I am just doing what I can to not gain while I am here
                    FBS- 100 EEK! Come to find out, there was brown sugar in the rub on the ribs last night. There ya go..

Headache this morning, tired? Maybe. Altitude? Probably
                    Sleep was yuck. Uncomfortable and woke with a headache. Maybe I can rest today before the family thing tonight. I need to take a walk with Lily. She can ride her scooter (it fit nicely in the trunk)

This weeks progress

Date .........Cal....C.......f......p....weight .difference ......BS
                    10-Mar......1642...19...140....71.................... ...............98
                    11-Mar......2103...38...159...116....280........2.... ...........105
                    12-Mar......2389...119..145...138...280.............. .............98
                    13-Mar......1934....6.....170...83....280............ .............125
                    14-Mar......1587....8.....146....53....280........... ...............90
                    15-Mar......1600....20....150...70....279.......-1................78
                    16-Mar......1900....30....140...70.....v............. ...............78
                    AVE..........1879....34....150...85

I will have Lily help with measurements later. I am not confident there will be a change.
                    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-17-2013, 07:32 AM.
                    Karin

Comment

• Yes, you were up early! The consignment store sounds fun! A walk would be good. I couldn't check my fbs to compare. Will load pictures after we get home.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• DS took fencing when we were in Gainesville, but here it was just too pricey and way across town. Now they offer them in our community ed program. Rats-he is no longer interested. I did archery, in the stone ages before cross bows!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• oh she and grandpa shot the cross bow last night
                          Karin

Comment

• fun!!!! It would be so much easier a sport to watch as a parent than basketball!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• back afte running around.. my headache is finally gone just now. Was it the food or the advil? Probably both.. I need a nap, this altitude is killing me. LOL
                              Karin

Comment

• so sorry, hope you adjust soon!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X