The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing everything available!

I should put some food in the dehydrator for DH. Do you buy fresh or canned pineapple? Do you slice the grapes?
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I would suggest to both you and Chris that you do not attempt to do a ketone test unless your blood sugar has been below 90 for a few days. Jimmy Moore's ketone levels tanked everytime his FBS was above 90. J M also does both his tests from the same finger stick.

That said, the error you are having is irksome. Did you reuse the strip from yesterday? I think I remember my Mom saying that an error strip will not work if reused.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thank you Paula. I will wait to test for blood ketones until FBS is lower than 90. Thats a good mini goal. I am NOT reusing sticks which makes it more frustrating.

Ruth- hoping for good news this afternoon.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Interesting. I plan to start my FBS tomorrow or Thursday.

I'll text you this pm. Here's praying for good news...
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Still no word on the car.. hoping and praying today. I have been awake since 3am. I was wide awake so I just got up, cleaned/straightened the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, made some cookies for Lily. Then when I was suppose to wake up I took my shower etc. and got ready for work. Now being awake for 4 hours already I am tired tired tired.

Frustration over not having a car, being tied to the house, my vacation up in the air, not being able to go where I need to go to do what I need to do just HIT last night. I over ate. My body was even telling me I was hungry (tummy rumbling). So, I ate.. my journal for yesterday is not pretty. I tried to keep up with what went in my mouth. While it was all primal and I did not delve into the little debbies etc. , my macros were blown out of the water. So, today my thought was to do a fat fast to compensate. Not off to a great start this morning. My meds did not sit well with the tummy so had a little breakfast with my BPC to off set the tummy and felt better. I thought to aim for high fat today, although my intestines might protest a bit.

On the dehydrator front I must say, pineapple chips are addicting!! They are so differnt than that sugar coated dehydrated pineapple you buy in the store. The taste is amazing! Why in the world do they ADD sugar? They do NOT need it. Basically I cleaned a pineapple of its outer shell, cut in half and then sliced in like 1 inch slices or so. They came out like chips.. I kid you not. Crispy goodness I tell you! The grapes/raisins are still going. They should be done for Lily this afternoon. What I like about fresh ones is you get the sweet and tart and not just all sweet like store bought. I have more jerky marinading. I am trying for a teriaky-ish flavor that Lily loves. Coconut aminos, Knudson grape juice, salt, apple cider vinegar, a splash of balsamic and a splash of oil. We shall see when they are all done. Those go in tonight. I used to be sooo cool!! Now I get all jazzed about my dehydrator.. I am such a mom geek!

FBS this morning 125.. eeek!
            weight the same

Here is some depressing news though.. found my SPEED journal.. my weight is essentially the same as when I started that as are my measurements, and my measurements have gone down recently.. oh dear!
            Karin

Comment

• the thought of the pineapple is making my mouth water. But that can't help blood sugars. I didn't get a chance to peak at your food yet, but I think higher calories in general can send that number up as well.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh I am sure both items did not help my blood sugar. I had the pineapple about 4-5pm-ish and still my BS was out of whack.

I forgot my team is going out to lunch to celebrate a team member who is getting married this Saturday. Ugh.. so I have planned on a couple of eggs and some sausage to try and stay in my limits for today. I was hoping for a fat fast to try and counter yesterday but do not think calorie wise this will be possible.

Hump day..

I am so tired.. I know better than to get caffeine though.
                Karin

Comment

• can you do a cup of hot tea, even the ones with caffeine are pretty low in caffeine.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• back from our lunch out and I feel a little better actually. I had decaf coffee of course with H&H. I feel a bit more awake/alert. I am even proud of myself for knowing what I was going to eat and then following through and eating only what I planned to. You got to take those successes as they come.

Cross all fingers, toes, anything you got, the car MAY be ready this afternoon!!
                    Karin

Comment

• OMG, car issues are such a pain, and I can of course totally relate to it taking longer to get back than you anticipated!

Congrats on your lunch victory!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• It is hard!! I feel TIED to my house. I can not go and do things I want and need to do. UGH!
                        Karin

Comment

• so I think you have more good news hidden in there. You've eaten above your desired calories for a couple of days in a row...and NO weight change. If I do that, there's usually a decent gain. I think that's pretty good news
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth that is a good way of looking at things.

Ok.. so a plan of a fat fast did not happen. WHY?? I have good intentions but "life" is happening!! Good grief.

This morning FBS 90
                            weight the same 280
                            yesterday cal 1934
                            fat 170 81%
                            c-6 1%
                            p-83 18%

I got the car back!! It was a sensor that was plaguing us! So, dollar signs were floating in my head as to how much it would cost.. I was worried.. it was just $135 for parts and labor! Score me!!

Now, trying to get everything organized so I can depart tomorrow after work! Going home is special dont get me wrong.. excited to meet Ruth! WHOOP!

the kiddos are coming so more later..
                            Karin

Comment

• Look - fbs is looking good. Also, 1900 calories and NO gain? Means that you should be able to eat 1700-1800, with good macros and start losing again. That's really good news

Yay on the reasonably priced car parts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for this weekend, myself
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh.. and bonus, slept until 5am!! WHOOP! 2 hours make a difference! LOL
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X