No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good to have priorities I don't like to stop much, either. I look food in the cooler, quick bathroom breaks at rest stops, and then onward. DH, on the other hands, likes MANY stops.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• We could go farther as Dodge is only 3 hours out but her butt gets numb and pool time will help her sleep well. We will wake up and drive for about 5 hours.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Not a bad split, really, especially if she's been in school all day. I'm pretty sure it will be easier on you that way!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• One of the reasons dh hates to travel with us is he likes to stop often and wants sit down meals served by a waitress. If he travels with us it is best if we leave after a large late lunch. Then we drive till i get sleepy as i am the main driver and for most places we go that gets us home
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• She does not have school but i do. I figure when we get to dodge i will grab her some dinner since i will have a cooler of stuff for me.
            Karin

Comment

• The jerky is fab and keeping lily out is tough..lol

Awake at 3 instead of midnight thanks to some melatonin. I am getting ready to work on arms this morning since its 4 and i am awake. My measurements yesterday were unimpressive. It looks like i lost 4 inches in my waist but nothing anywhere else so i think its an error.

Scale the same, fingers puffy this morning, stix show moderate ketones but i am dehydrated so drinking water. Bs 105

Typing on kindle..more later
              Karin

Comment

• I woke up at 3 am well. Should have started texting with you

If you dropped 4" off your waist, that VERY impressive.... I don't think you'd make that big of an error. Maybe you didn't lose 4", but bet you lost quite a bit there. Celebrate that.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• This morning I had my districts health fair where they do BP- great, weight- their scale shows 10 pounds more than mine , BF% which is 49-something (yeah I knew that) and they drew blood for cholesterol etc. This made me late for work so I have YET to have my BPC or anything to eat. GRRR

Today is the last day my kids can turn in late work etc. I am hoping some of them get on the ball.. they have had so much time grrr

I packed some bone broth for my lunch (I was so excited for it), the damn container spilled (not sure how) and its ALL FLIPPIN GONE!! I just want to cry and rant at the world!! Other than that I brought some yolks to make some deviled stuff to dip my celery in- thats it!! GRR!!

Happy Flipping Monday!
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    I woke up at 3 am well. Should have started texting with you

If you dropped 4" off your waist, that VERY impressive.... I don't think you'd make that big of an error. Maybe you didn't lose 4", but bet you lost quite a bit there. Celebrate that.
                    you should have texted..LOL

Well I am going to take measurements weekly with Lily's help. I have to remember the Lily factor. LOL
                    Karin

Comment

• Yeah. DH sometimes helps me. The DH factor is seriously like the Lily factor. LOL.

So sorry to hear about the spilled broth I have had those days....

Hang in there and don't let this derail you. It's going to be a wonderful (albeit long) week.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am hoping the week flys!!
                        Karin

Comment

• Grabbed an omelet for brunch and it was yum. Watching my tracking today so it looks a little "off". My rings are finally feeling loser, hopefully this means the water retention is on its way out. I just remembered I forgot to take meds this weekend, which includes water pill.
                          Karin

Comment

• Got a question for you about dehydrating limes. Do you halve them before slicing or do you dry whole slices? I have some that need to go in the dehydrator tomorrow.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                              Got a question for you about dehydrating limes. Do you halve them before slicing or do you dry whole slices? I have some that need to go in the dehydrator tomorrow.
                              I just slice and dehydrate. They turn kind of black BTW. I figure its all good though.
                              Karin

Comment

• Good Morning to you reading my journal.

Weight this morning: same
                                BS: 98
                                blood ketone: Error again!! Ok.. according to the book, you take blood ketones different from BS (different location), why? I have a hard time getting enough blood in other locations! GRRR
                                Sleep: 1 and a half melatonin.. awake at 3am. dozed until 5:30am.

Lets see, something new:

the GOOD: I have been diligently journaling even on rotten days
                                the BAD: the car is still in the shop.. crossing fingers and toes he has it figured out and I can get it tonight
                                the UGLY: I binged. It was all very primal and I even stayed within my calorie markers but my macros are out of wack for yesterday. So, adjusting for this week, a little here, a little there.

PS.. good mama me! In the dehydrator I have pineapple chips and grapes for the girl and am making another batch of jerky for the trip.
                                Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-12-2013, 05:30 AM.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X