No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so when we looked at my average calories they were about 1500, right? I need to UP that to 1600-1900?

I am so nervous about upping calories because I have just got back into Jeans that were super-tight. Speaking of jeans, I need to buy a couple more pairs for vacation and do NOT want to buy bigger than I got now! LOL

All this talk of calories and macros, I am trying to pin point.. what is more important??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• so when we looked at my average calories they were about 1500, right? I need to UP that to 1600-1900?

I am so nervous about upping calories because I have just got back into Jeans that were super-tight. Speaking of jeans, I need to buy a couple more pairs for vacation and do NOT want to buy bigger than I got now! LOL

All this talk of calories and macros, I am trying to pin point.. what is more important??
      Karin

Comment

• I have to tell you, I'm pretty confused about it all myself. Basically, I haven't lost any weight. Well, I started at 163, went as high as 167, then as low as 157.8, and now I'm back around 161. Sigh. I don't know the answer.

Paula, you have had great success.... I suspect, though, that you are used to losing faster?
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I think thats why I frustrate myself.. I want to lose faster. Of course, I do not bust my ass like Paula.
          Karin

Comment

• I just want to lose - even slowly - and then keep it off [And, yeah, I don't work out like Paula!]
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree with the just losing. Although when I stop, it makes me crazy. Patience is something I need to work on LOL
              Karin

Comment

• The plateaus are hard, but this going up business is much harder. If I could ever discern a clear pattern - and knew that the ups would come back down, plus a little more - I could handle them. But, seems like it just goes up and up and up. Then down a hair and then up and up and up. Sigh.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• true.
                  Karin

Comment

• Ok, so Karin, you were successful at first right? You lost weight? If it were me, I would go back to my MFP and duplicate the days I lost. Pick the 14 days (or however many you have left til you leave) that you lost from and do them again. This is not a good long term solution, but to get you to break it might work. Even if you don't exactly duplicate the food, see if you can duplicate the macros/calories exactly. It seems to me you stopped losing when your calories dropped, right? So if that is true, lowering your calories is not your solution.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Check this out

Ok.. so I went back in MFP and looked at my stats for calories, carb, protein and fat. I then found weekly calorie averages and plugged in when my weightloss was.

What I noticed when I dropped that 15 pounds my weekly average was @ 1650 calories.

Please check this out and see if you see anything else I may be missing.
                      Attached Files
                      Karin

Comment

• Yes, then you started to lower your calories to around 1400.

For now, I would just aim for that 1600 mark daily and following the same macros as the successful time.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thats what I think too. Its weird, you would think if you lose weight at 1600 you could lose more at 1400 but its not the case. Ok.. so I am going to watch this closer. I think I need to average my macros too so I can try and keep those consistant as well. What do you think?
                          Karin

Comment

• That is a good idea.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• when I average the macros..

I went from:
                              Average 1500-1600 calories to 1200
                              the carbs and fat were the same but the protein went from 74 to 53.
                              Karin

Comment

• Go back to what was working. Then, tweak from there, if needed. Tracking is a royal PITA, but it does have its uses
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X