No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would do two to three high then one low. So 1-2 low days / wk to start.

I would wear the fitbit for a week and get an average calorie burn. That should be the limit for a high day. A low day could be 30% but no more than 40% below that.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-08-2013, 12:05 PM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• My suggestion, for what it is worth given I haven't lost any since we started in January, is to take the month where you lost weight. Total the calories for all the days you kept good records. Divide by that number of days and let us know what you get. (how is that to fulfill your OCD fantasies?). Then we can see how different it is from your BMR. Then maybe use one as your high number and one as your low.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• p.s. to add on to Paula's suggestion, maybe one ff if you get really stuck?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So for instance:
          1. 1600
          2. 1600
          3. 1600
          4. 1200
          5. 1600
          6. 1600
          7. 1200

to start for example?
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oooh, good idea Chris.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              My suggestion, for what it is worth given I haven't lost any since we started in January, is to take the month where you lost weight. Total the calories for all the days you kept good records. Divide by that number of days and let us know what you get. (how is that to fulfill your OCD fantasies?). Then we can see how different it is from your BMR. Then maybe use one as your high number and one as your low.

don't toy with me.. LOL!! I am gonna do it thought!

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              p.s. to add on to Paula's suggestion, maybe one ff if you get really stuck?
              So like one day at @ 1000?

ok.. I need to charge my fitbit..
              Karin

Comment

• do your losing month average first and then I will think about the details of your days. Right now I am thinking maybe one close to 1000 FF, then at least one day of your BMRx's activity, then the other 5 hover around your losing month average.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• You can do a 90 day calorie bar graph on MFP. It is under reports. Your average cals in Feb. seemed to be 1500.

I wouldn't throw in the FF day unless the low calorie days are not working for you.

* You are not going to like this...Your BMR is 1900

I was thinking more like:
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Yes, I really was thinking the FF was more of a throw in from desperation, ie. the above didn't work.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      You can do a 90 day calorie bar graph on MFP. It is under reports. Your average cals in Feb. seemed to be 1500.

I wouldn't throw in the FF day unless the low calorie days are not working for you.

* You are not going to like this...Your BMR is 1900

I was thinking more like:
                      hyperventilating.. all I see is weight gain... how will I know that wont happen?

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Yes, I really was thinking the FF was more of a throw in from desperation, ie. the above didn't work.
                      I admit, I feel desperate most of the time in regards to losing..
                      Karin

Comment

• I understand! How about this: assume you want 1500 calories per day. That's a week total of 10,500. How about 3, 1,000 calorie days (have 1 or 2 of them before your weigh-in day) and then 4 at 1,875? Or, something like that?
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I have taken my dog to the vet this morning for shots and mani/pedi's. Jilly boo is a bit portly according to Dr. Troy. When I asked about feeding her primally to help with weight, he said the problem with that is the true primal dog hunts for their food and get that exercise. That said, she is on calorie restrictions and goes back in 4 months for a check up.

Ok.. I am going to uppper my calories a bit today. Yesterdays calories were 1666. 20g carbs (higher than I like), 65g protein (higher than normal..relooking at this), 142g fat.

This is Paula's suggestion:
                          For a 5'6" woman, is between 139 and 158. The mid point of that is 148 lbs. 148lbs=67kg
                          67 protein
                          34 carbs
                          134 fat
                          1610 cals

According to this I would be have been on target for protein, over on fat and low on carbs. Do I really need to have more than 20 g carbs? I thought more kept you out of ketosis. Geezz this prescriptive program is tough!! Finding your script is crazy!

Happy dancing!! Having dinner with Ruth next Saturday!! WHOOP!! WHOOP! meeting 1 speed sistah, 2 more to go!!
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            I understand! How about this: assume you want 1500 calories per day. That's a week total of 10,500. How about 3, 1,000 calorie days (have 1 or 2 of them before your weigh-in day) and then 4 at 1,875? Or, something like that?
                            worth thinking about. Paula, what do you think about this?
                            Karin

Comment

• I kinda think it is interesting. I am setting my protein and carb high limits and not letting that change and adjusting fat according to hunger, gonna see how that goes.

For your protein and carbs, I remember that you can do 10% on either side, if that is the case you could (theoretically) go as low as 60g of protein and 30g of carb. But I think you could go lower on the carbs, but I would keep your target calories at the 1600 ( so make up the difference with fat)
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• You know what Karin, I think you should work with 1600 as your high day and 1200 as your low.
                                I'm not even sure of my own concepts / beliefs anymore. I am feeling tempted to go ridiculously low calorie even though I fear it might cause me to binge. I hate when I start to doubt myself.
                                I certainly don't want you to try something I suggest and then fail.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X