No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In our Florida home, DH and his father made me the greatest shelf for my spices. It was only 3" deep and it went all the way around my pantry, so it was like 10' long. I alphabetized my spices. If nothing else in my life or home was in order, I always had the spices.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• On target for macros yesterday. The eye appt went fine. I have a "floater". They look like birds flying by every now and then. I am told they are here to stay. I should probably name them since they will be with me forever now. LOL

Yesterday.. felt puffy and fat. Even looking in the mirror, I looked fat. Its been like that for a couple days. This morning, I think things look better.

Sleep last night was aweful!! I was awake off and on all night. Soooo annoying! I have noticed though when my carbs go too low, my sleep is affected. This is something I am going to watch. I am not in ketosis according to the stix and was not according to the monitor last Monday. Working to get back though. Last night as I was trying to go to sleep I was being woo'd by the call of chocolate and crap in the house. It took everything I had to STAY IN BED and NOT submit. I have said it before and I will say it again, sugar is my crack.

I got this article in my email today: Are you an Addict?
      Its questionable if I am addicted to dairy- I know wheat and sugar. I mean, I can go without cheese and butter if I must.. no problem. I prefer cream in my coffee but have been able to take it black and not have withdrawls.. I have not read the whole article. Its on the to-do list today.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have floaters too. Hang in there.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I have floaters too, and bad news they increase in number. Most of the day I don't see them unless I try to focus on them though.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Brain dead.. need ideas for dinner with ground turkey. The caveat is, something my dd will eat as well. Miss Ultra-pickey..ugh! I got her to eat some chicken thighs last night if she could dip the pieces in bbq sauce. She does not like anything spicy... translation- flavor. She loves salt but not pepper.. I have put ranch seasoning in burger and made ranch burgers.. I could again.. but she may not eat them..
            Karin

Comment

• maybe...Chinese-Style Turkey Meatballs Recipe | Food | Disney Family.com modified of course
              Karin

Comment

• I usually just do "taco night" with browned ground meat (add salsa), or add spaghetti sauce and put it over pasta for the boys and spaghetti squash for me.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• whooo.. I just had a single portion of my bp coffee this morning and the tummy was a-grumbling @10a-10:30. Since I was in class (love a schedule) I pushed through. I have to be honest though, if I were not in class I do not know if I would have grabbed something sooner. Probably. I know I need to focus on its ok to be empty.

Making a list for traveling.. I have to be organized and make MANY lists prior to departing ANYWHERE
                  for the drive:
                  hard boiled eggs (probably just the yolks)
                  celery
                  beef jerky (maybe)
                  butter and cream for morning bpc
                  pouch of tuna (just in case)
                  water
                  herbed tea
                  instant decaf for ohmygosh, I need something hot
                  maybe some liverwurst

other ideas welcome.
                  Karin

Comment

• that layered coconut bar in the recipes, you could make it with sunflower meal instead of nut meal, I bet it would be great that way. and it travels very well, I took a batch to Florida when I went.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• What about flax meal? Is coconut cream the same as coconut butter?
                      Karin

Comment

• I think that you can replace a regular can of coconut milk with the coconut cream from Trader Joes. It had that bit of firm stuff on the top and the clearer type liquid on the bottom, pretty much like coconut milk from the grocery store. I just heated it up enough to mix the 2 parts together and poured it on top.

Maybe half flax and half sunflower? When I made the double batch this last time, I thought that I might like it more if I used half as much of the nut meal base but the same amount of the coconut and the can of the cream/milk. But I really like the coconut, and if you double both parts it is about 2/3rds base and 1/3rd coconut. I also didn't put the chocolate chips on it this time, and that worked out fine.

Also, after it cools refrigerate it, then you can leave it out and it stays firm, unless you leave it in a hot car or something.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I thought cocoa nibs would be good on top
                          Karin

Comment

• oooo, I bet they would!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Well on program last night.. sleep was hit and miss though.. grr I can not say I wake exhausted. I feel like I should be more tired than I am since I woke a few times last night.

Why is it NOT Friday yet??? *le sigh*
                              Karin

Comment

• ^ Agreed.

My sleep was better last night, but still not good. Of course, it's been "not good" for a long time now, so it's not like it's something new. I keep thinking, however, that it's a real key to my issues.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X