No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone kept saying there was this magical appetite suppressant. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't happening to me...until one day, boom. There it was...

Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss: Dana Carpender, Amy Dungan, Rebecca Latham, Andrew DiMino, Jimmy Moore: Amazon.com: Kindle Store $4.99 on Kindle. I think it's got a fair amount of dairy, so I didn't get it.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Good Morning my peeps! Back at school today. It seems though that today will be busier than ever: catch up, modified assignments and schedule, call to dd's med doctor about issues this weekend, calls to principal about dd issues this weekend and I want my damn 504 meeting, not to mention fielding a bagillion questions from my own students AND their parents.

Ok.. I think what I attempted yesterday was not an actual fat fast. Yes high in fat but also maintained my calories. I think the key to the ff is the lowered calories + fat makes your body consume its own fat. Maybe I am wrong, who knows. Trying to figure out this crooked path!

So, for breakfast BPC (of course but with a little more HWC), lunch 1 oz tuna with mayo and 1/4 avocado. Dinner?? I dunno.. I would be content with the chocolate whip and some tea! LOL

Non-scale victory: I am wearing an XL t-shirt instead of a 2x or 3x. It is even roomy!

Observations:

Sleep is better. Weird! Is it LC or HF?
      I am in large ketosis still. Doing my best to get deeper still thinking then the weight will melt off.
      I have been tempted by the darkside of junkfood but not enough to indulge- this is new
      my appetite is pretty well suppressed. I think of all those appetite suppresents you buy and think, shoot.. make your body just do it.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
        Everyone kept saying there was this magical appetite suppressant. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't happening to me...until one day, boom. There it was...

Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss: Dana Carpender, Amy Dungan, Rebecca Latham, Andrew DiMino, Jimmy Moore: Amazon.com: Kindle Store $4.99 on Kindle. I think it's got a fair amount of dairy, so I didn't get it.
        awesome!! Purchasing it now!
        Karin

Comment

• I just entered my ff day in mfp for the day! I SO got this!
          Karin

Comment

• cool, good luck. Maybe doing the chocolate whip and tea for dinner will feel like enough of a treat that visions of junk food will disappear?
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think it does. I did it last night

The plus is today I will have a little over 1000 calories! I can do this!
              Karin

Comment

• 1st REAL fat fast day a success. I felt great and not ever REALLY hungry which was odd. The sleep however, SUCKED. I was awake- wide awake off and on all night. I would feel warm, kick off blankets and get cold. It hard to regulate my body temperature. I do no think it was a hot flash because those feel way different. In the middle of the night I just imagined the fat melting off my body. ok.. ewww.. I know but there it is.

Another fat fast planned today. I am sticking to the same menu as yesterday.
                Karin

Comment

• Keep at it. Only 2 more days. Don't be surprised if the "magic" really happens after the FF.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    1st REAL fat fast day a success. I felt great and not ever REALLY hungry which was odd. The sleep however, SUCKED. I was awake- wide awake off and on all night. I would feel warm, kick off blankets and get cold. It hard to regulate my body temperature. I do no think it was a hot flash because those feel way different. In the middle of the night I just imagined the fat melting off my body. ok.. ewww.. I know but there it is.

Another fat fast planned today. I am sticking to the same menu as yesterday.
                    I have read that when your body is running correctly that you burn off excess calories at night as heat and may not need any covers or will wake up feeling quite warm, so maybe your body is dumping excess energy (ie. fat). Get skinny while you sleep ( boy that's a fun thing to dream about)!

Comment

• True, I think part of the reason the FF was so hard for me was because I didn't really know what I gained from it until after if was over.

Sleep can be so elusive, sorry you are having troubles with it. I imagine fat melting away all the time. Actually in the shower I imagine it washing away, and as I am falling asleep often I imagine the muscle cells slashing the fat cells and releasing the excess fat into the urine stream (now there is a visual for you!)
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok. o today is pre-tracked and I am set up for success again. I did weigh this morning and the scale said 278 which is 2 pounds down. I am good with this.. of course I would like to see more, who wouldn't?

Ok.. yesterday had a discussion with DD's principal because her 504 is not being followed. They now know I know!! Anyway, changes are being made (it irks me that I had to be the one to kick up a fuss and they did not see themselves doing their part!). The changes start Monday. I doubt anyone is happy about any of this but when your daughter comes home saying she wants to do suicide (at 10) because of things being said by a kid who should be heavily medicated, give me a break!! After I hung up with the principal I was envisioning my daughters cumulative file and thinking how thick it probably is. I probably have a tab of my own in there. They forget I am also an educator and know the laws. Grrrr... friggin lazy-ass sons of bitches.. grrr

I have to say I will die laughing if a spammer quotes my last sentence!

Tonight we squeezed in an appointment with dd's therapist. Thank goodness because we were told we could not get in for a month! I am trying not to stress.. easier said than done.

My house is a wreck.. it so reflects me state of mind at the moment.
                        Karin

Comment

• I have to say that my experience with administrators regarding my children's education has almost always been crazy stressful, and my kids were relatively easy situations, cannot imagine if I had really needed help with them. Thinking about ya. hope the therapist's session goes well.

My house often reflects my state of mind, chaotic.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I just did it.. I ordered a ketone meter! 3.95 is not bad for shipping.
                            Karin

Comment

• naw, its the sticks that will get cha! Congrats. Mine is here, but I am taking Paula's advice and waiting till I see some color on the ketostix before I start testing the blood.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I am seeing dark purple on the stix right now. I wonder though how the blood and the stix compare though.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X