No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh you are so clever! Sliced limes is a great idea! I am thinking pot pourre (ok I have no idea how to spell that) gifts too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I try to separate..however i have the sweet mini bells and limes together now. I did jalapenos and onions together.

Chris.. in my kitchen in my mini crockpot i have some sliced oranges, grapefruit and limes (all had been dehydrated) with a cinnamon stick a nd some clove..smells great!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        Gosh you are so clever! Sliced limes is a great idea! I am thinking pot pourre (ok I have no idea how to spell that) gifts too.
        I did this for christmas gifts this year
        Karin

Comment

• Great idea.

I don't know why I said that though we don't do Christmas gifts.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well watching the weather, a blizzard is coming tomorrow with possibly another foot of snow. While I am hoping for another snow day I am anticipating another lift heavy things workout. I plan on inside out jammies again..lol! I will say my left knee and ankle are twinging, I think from the fall. Its not enough that i need ice and elevation buts its a pain.

Observations:
            Eating at moms is tougher than eating at home even though we are both hflc. We eat a lot of the same things but i wonder if wh e n i am over she does not look at it as a reason we can eat more..just more. Last night she wanted to make us salmon patties (we both had pork green chili for lunch = pretty high protein), i said scrambled yolks would be perfect. I just have to be extra villigent. I have begun to worry a bit about my upcoming trip home. I am planning planning but you know what they say about best laid plans.

I am still pre-tracking as it makes this pretty effortless..and i find i like how i can make changes to meet my macros which i have!!! I have had a couple high protein days but i try and compensate with the carbs.
            Karin

Comment

• It is funny that it used to be that everytime I went to my parents home just about the first thing I would do was open the fridge to see what they had to eat! Hugs and hellos all around then in the fridge. I actually had to force myself to consciously stop. Not sure what it is about being at their home. It is not even the home they had when I was living at home! It is not nearly as bad now that we live so far away and visit less often. But, I dunno, now she has dinner ready when we get there. Something about the way mom's nurture. I am sure I will, and do, do that to my kids.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Yes..my dads house is full of tasty delights. I am making lists so I can stay the course. I am hoping he will fire up the smoker and grill when im home.
                Karin

Comment

• Praying for a snow day Eat lots of bone broth -- good for inflammation from the fall.

I can say from experience that your trip might be a bit tough. You might think of things now that you can take or want to buy there to help you stay on track. For me, the problem is always too much protein and not enough of the fat I can eat.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Yup..trying to keep the fat up will be a challenge without going over on protein. Going out and coming back wont be as bad as the actual stay. I. Just need to make sure i journal and leave my larger meal for dinner..i think. I will be on their schedule to some extent.
                    Karin

Comment

• Sitting with a heating pad on my ankle and foot...owie
                      Karin

Comment

• from the fall, or did you re-hurt it?
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ooh, not good.

What's the kiddo doing? Any crafts lately?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Snow day?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• According to wunderground.com she has a 100% chance of snow today! Hope it is true, enjoy your day off!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• ABC News just reported about the Blizzard from Williamsburg Kansas. LOL

arin is going to get in a lot of shoveling exercise.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X