No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the loss!!! So exciting to be so close to your first big goal!

And congrats on DD eating real food, I know what a chore that can be.

I cannot IF. I just don't feel good when I try it. But I think if you are listening to your body and you are not hungry then skipping is the thing to do. And given that you are ill it makes sense that one day your body wants to spend its energy getting well, and as you get better it needs to replensh the energy.

Unfortunately I sleep best if I go to bed at 10:30 and get up at 6:30. I say unfortunately because I have to get up at 5:30. It is ahrd for me to fall asleep at 9:30 and the quality of my sleep is not as good. But if I stay up until 10:30 then 5:30 comes too soon and I feel like crud. Hoping that by adding the walking it will make me sleep better.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      I cannot IF. I just don't feel good when I try it. But I think if you are listening to your body and you are not hungry then skipping is the thing to do. And given that you are ill it makes sense that one day your body wants to spend its energy getting well, and as you get better it needs to replensh the energy.

Caloric Intake is what makes my IF terrible.

If I don't have as much fat and protein as I can after an IF, my body craps the bed.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• For me it is about feeling like I am on a diet. Trying not to eat/induce strong controls=dieting=deprivation=binge, there is just no getting around it for me. Even if I eat my entire days worth of calories and macronutrients at breakfast, I am gonna want to eat again during the day.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          For me it is about feeling like I am on a diet. Trying not to eat/induce strong controls=dieting=deprivation=binge, there is just no getting around it for me. Even if I eat my entire days worth of calories and macronutrients at breakfast, I am gonna want to eat again during the day.

Then push your fast through the night and just skip breakfast. Choose 8 consecutive hours a day to feed your body twice a week. That should do it.
          Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
          Follow me on google+
          Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
          "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• When I IF, its because I am not hungry. I do not deliberately seek an IF day. Maybe I miss the point but I am trying to keep the mantra eat to live only. Most days my body needs food. I tend to agree on your assessment that perhaps my body tells me its not hungry when its healing. Worth thinking about.
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I know that when my IBD is active, my body barely wants any food at all. There is obviously an understanding that if it is going in it has to come out and that slows the healing of the intestines.

But in general, I think it does take energy for the body to heal, and it takes energy to digest, yours has figured out its priorities, I am jealous!

I would LOVE to get to a point where I eat when I am hungry, I eat just what I am hungry for, and I stop when I am no longer hungry. To some degree that is true now, I drink my breakfast because my teeth hurt, but I am hungry. By the time I get home for lunch my tummy is growling. And later when the grumbling starts that is when I start making dinner. I pretty closely eat the same thing for breakfast and dinner, depending on how I feel, and dinner of course has to please everyone, I don't make multiple meals. What I am really bad at is stopping when I am no longer hungry. I generally dish out portions and then I eat them. I don't do seconds, and I almost never leave food on my plate.

As to IF, I really have no intention of even trying it. Just not interested. I start my mornings at 5:30 and usually consuming my breakfast by 6, I finish eating by 6:30 most nights. It feels good this way, I don't snack, I don't binge, and I don't cheat/indulge. If my body could figure out the fluid regulation I would also be losing weight.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• ugh.. up a bit today on the scale. Trying not to think of a name for my scale that is not a curse word. It needs a horrible witchy name I think. Hazel??

I think I also know the reason.. its the jerky!! the figgin jerky!! so water retention at its finest. POOP!

dinner yesterday:
                a bit of left over pork chop- that is all.. I was too cold to eat. DD ranted and raved on the way home that she ate meat 2 days in a row and was not eating it tonight.. waa waa I'm hungry what's for dinner? me: we have chicken or pork chops her: waa waa I'm not eating it.. blah blah.. yeah she ate crap last night.

breakfast: 7oz pork chop and a slice of bacon (DD ate 2 slices of bacon and an apple!!! baby steps!!)
                L: very thin ham slices, apple and maybe some berries
                d: who knows.. DD has a sinus infection I think so we are off to the Doc when I pick her up from school.
                Karin

Comment

• Maleficent (name of the witch-queen from Sleeping Beauty)!
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    maleficent (name of the witch-queen from sleeping beauty)!
                    love it!
                    Karin

Comment

• that is a good one! I am not gonna give my scale any added power by giving it a name, I will not let it rise above its station!

Karin, do you track sodium in your food diary? depending on the brand ham and bacon could be high as well. I have a hunk of beef in the freezer waiting for me to turn it into jerky, just gotta remember that when I am at home!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• well Meleficent was not kind this morning.. blah I ate out last night so there witchy-poo!

So.. DD has been not feeling well and spreading the wealth. We took a trip to the dr last night and yup.. both have sinus infections! <insert cuss words here> we are both on antibiotics and mine is more aggressive because of the asthma, wha-frickin-hoo!

Guess my mood!! I dare ya! LOL

so, last night went to eat at Village Inn as we had late dr appointments and needed to wait on meds. I had a 2 egg and cheese omelet, cottage cheese, bacon and a 1/4 pound hamburger with lettuce, mayo, pickles and onions. Delish!! I relish the food as I know this antibiotic will be killing any and all appetite as well as anything remotely good in my gut. (Its the same one as last time) Breaking out the probiotics in massive quantities to at least minimize the damage.

B: chicken thighs and banana (can not have dairy at the same time I take the med so no yogurt in the AM for 14 days)
                        L: pork chop, apple

Chris- I typically do not track sodium. However, typically I am under the daily recommended amounts, EXCEPT when I eat ham AND beef jerky in a day. Yeah, that is sodium overload and explains a lot. Also, when I eat out because you can not control always how they cook your food etc. So, tomorrow I will probably not show much change in the scale (I might-maybe), but Sunday hopefully its back to normal.

OH- HERE IS A HOORAY FOR THE DAY!!!
                        Doc took me off the heart med metaprolol (spelling). My blood pressure was 117/62 last night and THAT'S WHEN I'M SICK!!! Whoop!! Keeping the water pill for a bit though unless the doc forces me off sooner.
                        Karin

Comment

• Yeah for being able to get off of meds!!!! The less the better is my philosophy. Drink lots of fluids! It will help thin the mucous as well as help with the salt/water weight. I think that in general unless I eat prepared foods, or eat out my sodium is less than half of the "recommended" amount, which is the equivelent of 1 teaspoon so pretty easy to get to.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• lunch was a switch up a bit. Coworkers wanted me to go with them to lunch again (another friggin pizza joint). I said ok knowing they had a sara salad (lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, ham, jalepeno and a smattering of cheese). Its a good salad even if its skimpy. Everything else on the menu.. ugh.. a no brainer. I went to be sociable. I had my salad and came back to eat my pork chop and apple. Life is good, I feel great and again, its more than I can say for my wheat loving co-workers as they are bloated again.
                            Karin

Comment

• too bad you can't talk em into burger joints. A big ole burger bare sitting on top of a salad, fantastic, especially if someone else is making it and cleaning up after!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Today was uneventful. Eating was good except for the lack of fruits and veggies. The antibiotic so far is not killing my stomach (took 2 doses so far).

Cleaned carpets today, getting ready for the holidays. So much to do, so little time.

On a side note, so many friends are trying to lose weight for various reasons. What is sad is when they do not realize its chemistry and not any gimmick, pill or even will power. *sigh* I am resigned that unless they ask, I will not share. I am successful, but its only because I understand the CHEMISTRY behind it (calories, protein, fat, carbs), the delicate balance.

EDIT: On a personal note, I feel unattractive lately. I am energetic (even with the cold) but I noticed my fat is not smooth but pocky looking. Pocky is good as the fat is going away but dang its ugly.
                                Last edited by athomeontherange; 11-19-2011, 05:45 PM.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X