No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday nailed the macros.. I need to synch my kindle so MFP is accurate. Last night for dinner I made bacon jalapeņo poppers. SO GOOD. I stuffed the jalapeņos with .5 oz hard sharp cheddar and 1/2 T of cream cheese, wrap the jalapeņo with a strip of bacon and bake for about an hour. Mmmm mmmm good! This is a diet???

So, we are all hoping and praying for a snow day tomorrow. We are not expecting a big accumulation (they say at most 6 inches) but its the sleet, ice and freezing rain that accompanies it. *crossing fingers and toes*

Observations:
    I woke at 4:30a on my own and well rested. I stayed in bed until 5:30am because the principle of the thing.
    Clothes are fitting strange.. beginning to look like a bag woman, I am not complaining

I get my car back today, again, finally and hopefully in the shop for the last time. They think they know the problem (a thermostat).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Awesome job on the macros!

I am putting cocoa nibs on my wishlist at Amazon

I will wear my new snowday PJs for you.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thank you Paula.. I have told them about turning their jammies inside out (thanks Chris) LOL

Paula.. I can send you some cocoa nibs to try first of you want.
        Karin

Comment

• Thanks, But they are not that expensive so I'll just get a bag. Do you eat them every day?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• not everyday.. sometimes I use them instead of coffee in the morning or evening. I keep a small container on my desk at school for when I get the teacher "omg.. I need chocolate or I am going to kill these kids!" and it works gets. A really small piece does great.

they are bitter but with a chocolate flavor.
            Karin

Comment

• oh man I gotta get me some. I found a small tin of chocolate nibs at Trader Joes, they are nibs drenched in dark chocolate. Tiny little things but 1 is all I need to satisfy a chocolate urge. But I be it would be cheaper to do the cocoa nib tea than the chocolate tea bags I use.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, the cocoa nibs I buy are just roasted cocoa beans. Nothing is drizzled on them. It is SO GOOD especially with a little HWC.
                Karin

Comment

• ok, next time I go to Whole Foods I will try to find a more knowledgeable clerk. They are on my list.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• you are right Chris, much cheaper than the chocolate tea
                    Karin

Comment

• I'm going to try that in place of my (expensive) chocolate tea. I need to use them up anyway
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I just bought the tea, but I can use those bags for when I travel.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ruth- like tea its not sweet so you will need to treat it as such. I was buying Red velvet tea (forgot the brand but its pricey) and I like this so much better!
                          Karin

Comment

• I buy the red velvet and the double dark chocolate from Republic of tea and the chocolate yerba mate (I like tea)
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• ^^ yup thats the brand I am thinking of
                              Karin

Comment

• I love tea, too...and those are what I buy as well. Great minds....
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X