No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to do the detox bath I pinned tomorrow. And start adding ACV back into the water I drink. And adding back my Omega 3 oil (I had stopped it because I thought it might be causing a skin issue-its not) Hoping all of these will keep inflammation in check.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I haven't noticed the ACV helping me with inflammation (in terms of pain), but it does help me with water weight (retention -- usually because I get too excited about the salt again).
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I need to get back to my acv water too.

Update on the diet coke front: i have done well staying caffeine free and have transitioned to diet sprite etc. I do not seem to have the "got to have it" feeling with those though. Close to giving up soda all together. It might be time to transfer to seltzer water.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• sodas bother my tongue (one of the "side effects" of the IBD is that my tongue is sensitive).

But, did you quite caffeine all together? Why?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I did for a couple of reasons, 1. Sleep was a big issue. I sleep better without any. 2. I really felt i needed to to kick the diet coke habit. My addiction to the stuff is incredible. I figured if my system doesnt use caffiene at all maybe that would lesson the desire. So far so good...we will see.
            Karin

Comment

• I could give up coffee pretty easily. I just use a T of instant in my morning smoothie for flavor, but that could easily be decaf. But many of my favorite flavors of tea have caffeine, so not willing to give those up, plus there is the green tea matcha that I use every morning for some health reason I cannot remember anymore.

and yep, I am thinking the water weight is the reason I take the ACV, trying to keep BP down so I don't have to take the medication-which is essentially a water pill

p.s. I have a chart I pinned that says if you crave carbonated drinks then you probably need some calcium.
              Last edited by demuralist; 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Even just a little caffeine, first thing in the am, can mess my sleep up for days. Don't know why - I'm terribly sensitive.

I might some more calcium - I do love carbonated (unsweetened) water.

Karin - your next transition might be something like this: Lacroix Water :: Home.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh i have had this and your right, its good!!! That would be a good transition. I am putting it on the list.
                  Karin

Comment

• As for calcium.. i am already on it lol. Although maybe thats another factor my desire for it is lessening.
                    Karin

Comment

• The magnesium (I think that is the right "m" supplement) that I was taking for sleep also had calcium in it (that and a touch of D3). Didn't do much for me, but maybe there is something in there for you? I dunno, probably just habit right?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Oh i am sure i need more magnesium..i will add this eventually. It can be overwelming doing too much at once
                        Karin

Comment

• hate the idea of supplements, deep down I really think we should be getting it from our food. I am sure there are way more things in food that are beneficial than we know about, and the supplements just can't cover that.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• The mag supplement just never settled right. Not so much in the bathroom, I just never felt good after I drank it. I've decided I'd rather figure out how to get that one from my food. [I'm hoping more bone broth will help with things like calcium, etc. since I don't do dairy.]
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok..i have pre-entered dinner tonight as well as snacks and i am back to being spot on!! I am finding there is just a certain way to eat/start my day that improves my chances for a successful food day. When i stray from that way my macros go to hell.
                              Karin

Comment

• My breakfast sets the tone as well. If I can start of right, the rest of the day gets easier.

Hooray for great macros!!!!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X