No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh you know it.. and can infect EVERYBODY. Her grandma says she has been asleep for an hour and a half. It is much needed sleep. Take a picture.. psh... stupid secretary!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• drives me crazy, they send me this crazy long phone home message if my kid misses school about how important daily attendance is to learning, etc. And then send another phone home message about not coming to school if you are sick. There have been districts in TN that have had to cancel school because too many children and teachers were out with the flu!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• conferences last night: went well.. one parent does not think I am wonderful. Big ass whoop. Really trying not to let it bug me. Thursday is ALL FLIPPING DAY of conferences.

Macros dead on.. I have lost track of how many clean days. However the last weigh in was @ 21 days so.. eh.. does not matter. Racking them up and moving on!

Hectic morning trying to get dd up (she wants another sick day but I think she is much better and can make it). Slowly I am transitioning her lunches I make more primal. She still gets the occasional cookies that are still in the house but trying to get her away from sandwiches. One thing at a time. My war is with grain at the moment. We will tackle the sugar beast after.

Sleep last night.. blech. I got to bed late (because of conferences) and forgot AGAIN my advil. I am putting that bottle next to the bed! 2 nights of yucky sleep= the starting of a headache this morning. Popping a little excedrin this morning.

observations:
        -pre-entering food in mfp very helpful.
        -I am pretty constantly coming in under my calorie goal of 1700. What was enlightening was the amount of calories for the week I was under as well as looking at my macros for the week.
        -I no longer stress when I do not get my protein. Meh.. if I come close, its good enough. I have been coming in under most days. --The same can be said for carbs.
        -During the drive to work this morning I remember how I gave it a go with the protein smoothies in the morning and just could not "get it". I find it odd, it works with BPC.
        -tonight I am making paleo enchilada soup for the healthy soup night tomorrow for the teachers working conferences. Bone broth is ready and in the crockpot. I wish they (the staff) knew my soup would be healthier than anything out there! LOL
        Karin

Comment

• yea! congrats. I can't keep track of clean days either.

I don't think I could do it if I didn't pre-track my foods. I think after this little high fat experiment of mine, I am going to concentrate on keeping the carbs close to 20g since I see that the "carb flu" for me was from low fat, and try to keep my protein and fat at the same place.

For DS's lunch, I pack one "treat" and I pack beef jerky (homemade when I am on top of things) and pistachios, a Root Beer (sweetened with stevia), and sugar free apple sauce. He does not like change so he pretty much gets the same thing every day. On occasion DH will bring home some leftover pizza from a late meeting and I will switch out the jerky for a piece of pizza. We have never been a big sandwich or bread family.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I love my kids.. but oh my.. they came bearing chocolate valentines and candy bouquets!!
            Karin

Comment

• ahhh, there must be a nursing home that needs some loving? donate donate donate
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Have I mentioned that my new favorite lunch is 4 egg yolks with 1 T mayo and dipping celery in it?? *swoon* I topped it off with 14 pepperonis..YUM!

I am ignoring said chocolate.. I am surprised it does not have a pull on me (at least of yet). Today in team, a coworker went to the local cookie shop (we have 2 in town) and brought in a dozen. I declined! Not even tempted although I was surprised how many offered me one even considering they know about my success. smh
                Karin

Comment

• -- Ruth

Comment

• success breeds success, keep it going girl!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• All day conferences for me today. I made an enchilada soup. It very much like New Mexico Green chili made with chicken instead of pork. A dollop of sour cream on top will be quite yummy!

Success if lined up today... I escaped the candy slippery slope. To be quite honest, it did not really have that much of appeal to me.
                      Karin

Comment

• Hooray for lack of candy appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have super duper day [Send me some soup, okay?]
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• So yesterday was a candy/sugar success. My soup went over well. I samples all soups except the tortellini and the chick. Noodle. There was a hamburger soup with corn..i really thought the corn would jack me up but it didnt. It was the potato soup that has me hobbling in pain from my knees to ankles and shoulders. Those darn nightshade vegetables!!!! I call it a clean day because i did not overindulge or eat sugar/processed food. If i ever needed to verify my sensativity to nightshades i have it. Advil is not helping so i thought i would have a highfat carbless day. If i am still in pain tomorrow, i will do it again. I dont know what else to do to heal my system. It feels like arthritis and hurts!!!

I have had bfc, bacon and a double hamburger. I can not say i am hungry at all even though i am superlow on macros.
                          Karin

Comment

• I turned into a cream cheese fiend at the beginning of this week. I would let an ounce or 2 soften up, then add a little flavor (you can do flavorings, or coconut, or instant coffee) and some stevia and mix it all up. Just like cheesecake!

Pain is the body's way of saying, well I need rest. You have done a lot this past few weeks, and yes the nightshades do a number on you, I bet it is worse because of the stress. Have you tried a "calgon" bath. Surely there is some bath de-tox recipes you can make with stuff you already have in the house, pinterest is great for this kind of thing! Then a nice cup of tea or two, cozy jammies, a good movie/tv show or book and you are relaxing.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I am going to soak in some epsom salts and essential oils while the kid is @ bball practice. The thing is my attitude and outlook are still fine but i am in pain and its strange.

Thank goodness this is a long weekend. I will report my pain progress tomorrow.. earlier today i was @ an 8-9 rating. I am now 7-8.
                              Karin

Comment

• Hey the detox recipe adds baking soda, ginger, and vinegar to the epaon salts in the hot water. I just searched detox bath on pinterest. Let me know how you are doing
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X