No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have reached ketosis!! It says moderate but I will take it!! DANG!! Now the question is how to get in deeper?? Ya'll are welcome to check macros and give input.

OK.. brainfart?? Knee-jerk?? I saw a box of leftover Christmas candy my mom had brought over for Lily. I opened the box (1st mistake) to see what was in there. I saw white peppermint bark (my favorite) and promptly popped a piece in my mouth (2nd mistake). HOWEVER, a loud what are you doing rang through my already aching head and I spit it out! Whew! That was CLOSE! Popping it in my mouth was like automatic-no-thinking-involved. It was WEIRD!

Nailed day 8 of clean eating!! I figure because it was not swallowed in any way it counts!! LOL This is getting easy I think.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oh, yeah. It's like the 10 second rule for stuff that falls on the ground. I'm so proud of you for spitting that stuff out!!!!!!!!

Yeah for ketosis!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Did you see The Holiday? There is a scene in the beginning where Kate Winslet, turns on the gas and starts sucking it in, in an attempt to kill herself. But she catches herself and runs to the window, opens it, breaths in the fresh air, slaps herself in the face and says "Low point, definitely a low point". I know it doesn't sound it but it was hilarious, and the first thing I thought of when I thought of you spitting out the candy. That knee-jerk is exactly why I wear gloves and a mask when I am making cake balls (which by the way I don't anymore). The urge to lick your fingers is amazing! when I did it the first time with the mask but no gloves, there were little chocolate prints all over the front of the mask where I had tried to put the finger in the mouth. Gross, when you think about the sanitary issue!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have not seen it but yes.. low point. There was no conscious thought. Now that I think of it, how MANY times have I done this in the past??
          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
            Oh, yeah. It's like the 10 second rule for stuff that falls on the ground. I'm so proud of you for spitting that stuff out!!!!!!!!

Yeah for ketosis!!!
            I thought the 10 second rule was for when things hit the floor....

Comment

• ground/floor

potato/potata
              LOL
              Karin

Comment

• floor/mouth tomato/tomahto

haha, I didn't see the potato/potatoh until I hit reply!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hey, do you take Vitamin D? I increased my dose at about the same time that I started sleeping better. I take 3,000 IU of D3 every morning now. I just saw an article that says that vitamin d inhibits inflammation, mmmmm

Vitamin D Deficiency Related To Increased Inflammation In Healthy Women
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I take caltrate with D in it. I thought you know, 2 birds-1 stone. I don't think I have 3000 units though. I also take b-complex. Those are the only supplements at this time. I have melatonin I have not tried yet. Maybe I need to now that I think on it.
                    Karin

Comment

• The only supplements I take right now are the D3 (as I was tested to be deficient) and now the 5htp (which given your meds you can't take right?). I tried the melatonin, made no difference for me. The D3 is a pretty cheap vitamin, I get mine at Trader Joes, but they are every where, and they are 1,000iu each. I don't think I need the calcium I eat cheese and plenty of HWC!

oops, I also started doing a scant tsp of Omega 3 Fish oil about the same time I increased the D3, forgot about that.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• The calcium was recommended as I am in menopause. I have not had any hotflashes though! *knock on wood* I have noticed dryer skin. The doctor was not in to testing me for D3 or anything like that. He just said, yeah you need some. You are right that I can not take 5htp. It would be bad with the other meds.
                        Karin

Comment

• I may have to add the calcium if I ever go through menopause. Maybe check out the D3 info, it could be a cheap and easy solution.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• thank you.. I sure will because I am usually dragging through my day. I know it has nothing to do with how I am eating, because I am eating right.
                            Karin

Comment

• I just googled it, it is taken to help with asthma, obesity,preventing low calcium, muscle weakness, bone pain, among a slew of other things. It doesn't say inflammation specifically, but the list it does take care of is impressive. They do not recommend more than 4,000 iu a day. I would start with 1,000iu and see what happens, then increase it if you don't feel it has done anything. take it in the morning though.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Great!! Thanks
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X