No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new dairy free cream cheese recipe that i posted in the recipe group has a recipe to use it as a frosting at the bottom of the page

Also there is a blog called healthy indulgences (I think) that is all about sugar free and i think grain free desserts though probably not low carb
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• dd does not need low carb
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I love to surf the web "researching". So, whatever kind of substitute Lily needs, you just let me know...I'm all over it

pressed cookies (using coconut flour) | ketocook
        Buttercream Frosting
        Nancy’s 2 Minute Lemon Cheesecake | Low Carb Recipes for 'Hoos (and Hokies too)
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Too much work for me....but looks pretty amazing SNICKER'S Candybar! | Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Yeah i was saying that for you not so much for her.

Ps i like the puppy in your ticker
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• the puppy is dog #2.. Her name is JujuBee
              Karin

Comment

• Ok.. time finally to reflect on yesterday. I am happy to say as of now my headache is gone. It could have been a migraine. I seldom get them but one of the worst I had got me a CT scan because my fingers and hand was numb. So I am chalking this up to, thats what it probably was.. who knows. All that matters is I feel better now. 7 days clean!! Today is #8!

Yesterday's stats:
                Totals
                cal-1,596

c-9
                2%
                f-82%
                p-64
                16%

Oh yeah... sitting pretty there I think! I am waiting for ketosis!! I will check AGAIN tomorrow but I would think with my macros where they are I should have hit it by now. Unless, my body was just THAT out of whack. Question: When you hit ketosis are you warm or cold? I am often COLD. It would be lovely if it meant I was losing. As to how I am feeling?? I felt thinner yesterday. No other way to explain it, it was a different feeling. My clothes are getting back to being a little on the large side but I can go baggy for a while.

I am still not walking but as I type this, I am remembering Chris's goal to get up and walk at work. So.. as I sign off, I am taking a stroll.
                Karin

Comment

• Yay! Past the one week mark!

I had a headache today with the characteristics of a migraine. I went into an office where the window was open and the light was intense. I almost cried.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Woo hoo, Karin, look at you go.

I don't know about temp - I'm usually 10-20 degrees than the family. It took me many days to get back into ketosis. AT least 3-4. And then a few days after that to start losing. You're doing good. Just hang in there.....

Sorry about the headaches
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• DH put new light bulbs in the living room that he says are brighter. They shine blue like those old fluorescents. I cannot sit in there very long, it bothers my head, not quite to headache, but uncomfortable. I am going to switch them to LED's as soon as I can find the ones I am looking for.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Ok.. if having a headache was not enough.. mom asked me to drive after work yesterday. Getting into her car I wacked my head and have a wicked bruise on my forehead this morning. How could I be so clumsy??? Good grief.. DD (so sweet) put powder on it to try and cover it up. Talk about insult to injury. THEN, this morning as I am doing my hair, I am like, wow.. look at my rosey cheeks! No make up needed today. I must be getting healthy. Then mom says when she picks me up, you probably have a low grade fever from hitting your head.. hopes??? DASHED!

I would like to share the UNBELIEVABLY HARD IMPULSE I had to resist weighing myself this morning. I didn't (Valentines Day is the day). This came after I POAS for ketosis and it said AGAIN, negative. How can I still not be in ketosis?? I tried on a pair of jeans I can not fit into.. today I ALMOST got it over my ass!

Spot on day of eating!! Got all my macros! You can not see it yet because I have not sunk the kindle I recorded dinner on but I will do that this after noon.
                        Karin

Comment

• ketostix are notoriously inaccurate, that is how. Are they new? They expire after they have been opened, in a very short period of time. Also the amount of liquid you take in could effect whether or not the stick changes color. ie, the ketones effect can get watered down.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yep. I've read that the only real true measure is the blood test. I've considered going there, but the testing strips are beyond expensive. If I don't lose weight this month...then maybe.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I am the same way. I have a page where I can buy them online already bookmarked on my home computer. I will have to do some research as to how many of those strips you actually use. They come 10 to a pack.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I am thinking I will need this as well. I think my mom and I are going to go in together. Its not the meter that is the expensive part from what I understand.

Have to say, I sure have my daughter fooled- she thinks I am this awesome baker. Ummmm, yeah.. I do not keep traditional baking ingredients in the house. I am a wiz-bang with a mix or a can though! So as I try and transition Lily off of the sugar and grains, I want to use whats left in the house. I made "apple pies" with biscuits and apples last night.
                                Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-05-2013, 02:06 PM.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X