No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's good when you have the desire to be active. I've had it, too. I enjoy my walks. Will I ever want to go back to standard "exercise"? Don't know and am not worried about it now.

TGIF!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• That is where DS and I are with the rifle. He is burnt out on it, and the other members of the team go to a different school so he feels like not a part of the group anyway. Long season though, 9 months, doesn't end till April.

I feel the same way about exercise (it being a cuss word, and starting to feel the urge to do it).

How sweet your daughter wanting to care for you.

When I order something and I know it is too much, I generally as for a to-go container before I start eating, and put the extra away before I start. I usually purposefully forget it too, depending on what it is.

You just gotta do the best you can when eating out, guilt and stress are not emotions that are helpful in this arena. You are doing great.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think being aware is the first step. I am not stressing about eating out but I see the slippery slope.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• How are you? Bball with DD?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• clean day #5! Eating well and loving the nice weather.

DD is done with bball today.. she has games until the end of the month. Very painful to watch. They get outplayed SO BAD.

I am watching my macros closely although I was a little high yesterday. I also noticed, I LOVE eggs but they play out my protein fast. However, just eating the yolks is helping me up my fat and watch my protein so SCORE!

Also MFP does not have my macros exactly where I want them but they are fairly close. I am making MFP my goal, but if I go to my EMF goal I feel I am still doing fine.

Sleep was pretty good last night. I have been waking feeling more rested since I have been EMF and really paying attention to my macros.

The cough is still with me.. dang it! Pass the bacon!
            Karin

Comment

• Woo hoo - clean eating day 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just eating the yolk, too. I keep saving the whites. I'm thinking of some meringue cookies for DH and mom. I can't bear to throw them away!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I have decided to save the whites for when I make DD her french toast. It seems that is the best way she gets her protein as of late. This morning for her breakfast I used 2 whole eggs and my 3 whites with some half and half and was able to make her extra (so I dont have to cook tomorrow!).

Ruth- I made burgers stuffed with Monterey jack cheese for lunch and got to thinking if there was a way to make savory cream cheese with your homemade cream cheese to stuff burgers with.
                Karin

Comment

• I also use the egg whites for DH's breakfast He's much more active than me and can use a bit extra (not a ton) of extra protein.

Thought of these for Lily (can she eat nuts? wonder if this would work without the nuts?): Keto-Pretzels! | Modified Ketogenic Diet for Epilepsy
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth.. those pretzels look amazing. Not sure if DD would eat them or not though.

Yesterdays macros according to MFP were pretty darn good.

cal-1,445

c-11
                    3%
                    f-130
                    79%
                    p-67
                    18%

To keep my macros inline I am trying to enter them in MFP before eating so I know if I will be compliant. So far so good.

Last night DD and I went to moms.. we wanted to spend time with the dogs and just relax. I am still without a car.. hopefully tomorrow it comes back repaired and good as new.

No real plans for today. After church I need to do a couple loads of laundry and fold a couple baskets of clothes.

My sleep was ok. I always do better when I sleep at home though. I woke early 6:30a. However, I woke rested for the most part.
                    Karin

Comment

• You know what's funny? You're eating the same calories I am!

I have to do laundry, too....
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                        You know what's funny? You're eating the same calories I am!

I have to do laundry, too....
                        Cool! Then I can be skinny like you sooner!!
                        Karin

Comment

• How's the cold?

Yep, we'll both be skinny soon. We're going to have great pictures when I come visit this summer (inviting myself right on over).
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• The cold is still lingering.. coughing is annoying this morning and brings a headache. Its still a semi wet cough so at least it feels a bit productive, not sure if it is though.

Ruth- I am expecting you this summer!! The closer we get to summer we will make some plans
                            Karin

Comment

• Karin - re: Lily's ADHD (your post on the EMF thread). I have no kids, so ignore me if what I say makes no sense I'm not usually one for too many substitutes (although you now see me making fat bread and spiced lard cookies). Think it would help if you found good substitutes? At least at home? Paleo Vanilla Donuts (grain sugar nut free)
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks for the website. After reading some and KNOWING that I am cutting the sugar she gets (at least from home), recipes like this would be worth a look and try. Knowing her she needs an icing of some kind as well..maybe some 85-96% dark chocolate and coconut butter? I am plotting and hatching so if you see more ideas keep them coming!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X