No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I would think at the very least you would end up in a version of carb flu more often than you would like!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yep. And, major appetite!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I wish I was not fighting this bronchitis. I sound horrible and the coughing is painful. Having a clean day.. planning a clean night too.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yesterday I went over on my protein but I am not going to stress about it because it could have been a whole lot worse. Good food planned today as well. I will probably end up over on protein again but will adjust carbs to take the brunt.

The wind has picked up and brought some flakey stuff with it. Nothing is sticking yet but wow I miss the 75 degree temps we had 2 DAYS AGO! No wonder I can't seem to get rid of this bug.
          Karin

Comment

• SLEEP! Hey, I wonder if you slept in a recliner if it would help with the breathing. When I had surgery on my sinuses I had to sleep in a recliner for months, worked like a charm.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I might try that tonight Chris. Last night was better but I am still hacking like a 5 pack a day smoker- its exhausting.

Working on my 2nd clean eating day in a row!
              Karin

Comment

• I have the kids do the recliner too when their allergies kick in too badly. DD will often only cough when she lays down to sleep.

String those clean days along and you will start to feel better too.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Feel better soon.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well I think tonight I am having some eggs and bacon. Yes, I am over on my protein (oh well!). My carbs are running short so maybe it will be fine.

soooo tired of coughing...
                    Karin

Comment

• when you get to the end of the day and you don't have enough of a macro to make a good meal, well ya just gotta eat something that will feel good. I am sure you will be fine especially if the carbs are low.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• just saw this, and it has things I had not seen before....10 Cough Remedies & Treatments : TipNut.com
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon! Hang in there - only 2 more work days.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Last night I went over on macros but the food was good food. I call it a clean day.. number 3 for me.

Chris- I will be looking into the link. My mom encourages cinnamon and honey but then the honey does a number on my macros and I do not want it to encourage a binge.

I am at an inservice for cognitive coaching today and tomorrow which means eating out for lunch. Today at lunch I had chorizo and eggs. Protein is shot today as well as carbs. If I am lucky I just wont be hungry tonight! LOL To be honst.. at this moment in time, I am SPOT ON for the day. Maybe I can get away with a bullet proof tea tonight and call it good.

So this morning I stepped on the scale (only 2 clean days but its the end of the month). The weight is the same as last time I weighed. Good or bad.. I see both sides. Its my own fault though. I will weigh again around Valentines Day AND NOT BEFORE.

Oh.. the forecast said today was to be mostly sunny... ITS SNOWING FAT FLAKES! LMAO.. that dang magic eight ball is broken AGAIN! The weathermen need a new one.
                            Karin

Comment

• We have a forecast for snow and it is bright sunny out, clearest sky you have ever seen!

The link did have a couple with honey, but more than a few that would not have any effect on your macros. Maybe you can chug some hot tea for the rest of the afternoon. It will help your throat and help keep you satisfied for a while.

the scale is not our friend.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Ok.. my daughter is catching on to what mommy eats and what she does not. When I got home she said she made me a "deviled egg just like Nanny makes". It was a peeled hard boiled egg with some of the yolk mashed. She added salt and pepper. I like it this way too. So thoughtful don't you think? It was the best hard boiled egg ever!!

So went over a bit but I am not too concerned at this point. My protein and carbs were higher than normal but considering that the carbs are typically VL I think it will be fine. My clothes are fitting a little different (I am having to tug the jeans up a bit here and there). I think that most if not all of my post surgery swelling is GONE. So glad to be rid of the swelly belly.

Today I am in another Cognitive Coaching inservice. Having lunch out. I need to order small and then add-to as needed. This is the mind set where I want to be. For example, order and egg or two, then see if I need bacon etc. Order a small chef salad and then see if I need more fuel. How often do we just order what is on the menu thinking well, I will only eat half and take the other half home? I have tried this and find I over eat. I think I need to stick to the al a carte portion of the menu. This will help keep my macros in line as well I think.

Not much planned for the weekend. DD has another basketball game. Honest truth, I will be glad when bball season is over. Neither of us enjoy it. She does not like playing, and I do not like watching her not enjoying herself like in volleyball or soccer.

Feeling a little better. Rest has been the key. Although, I want no- need to go walking. I am actually feeling the desire to *gasp* dare I say it?? Exercise?? <--- ultra cuss word if you ask me!

PS.. clean day number 4
                                Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-01-2013, 06:26 AM.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X