It felt good sooooo BOOYA!!

That's how you roll.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• YEAH! BooYa is right!!!!

So nice to have someone notice, great to feel great, but nice to get it noticed too, congrats.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yesterday was SUCH A GOOD DAY! Not just for food, which was clean (ha! even my friend ate primal without realizing it-SCORE!) but I had a day of crafting, visiting and just overall relaxing. I am getting ready for Christmas and have started making my Christmas cards and gifts. I LOVE it!!

Yesterday:
        Soo... breakfast.. same ( cottage cheese- I find though I can not eat a cup like usual and can only eat 1/2-3/4 which is fine, and coffee.) Lunch.. was the most awesome chicken salad on greens.. I got fruit and veggies NO SWEAT yesterday. It was lovely.. and primal! I did not count calories and such but know I was within my limits. Dinner was light- I really was not hungry much so had a slice of cheese and some more of the chicken salad.

scale this morning showed up .5 psh.. I'm fine with that.. not going to flip. (MAJOR PROGRESS HERE PEOPLE!!!) I am retaining a bit of fluid this morning I think so, its fine.

This morning: WOW.. can I say that again?? WOW!! Accomplished 2 things:
        1. made something different and lovely for breakfast that fits in beautifully with speed and primal YET my daughter will eat
        2. found a way for my daughter to eat eggs!! ok..ok.. so they were camouflaged in a pancake but hey!

DD has been wanting me to make pancakes.. hard to do without flour in the house. Soooo I ordered some coconut flour (Azukar organics). I also scoped out some primal/paleo pancake recipes. Holy crap!! Most of them are huge on fat and carbs and low in protein- WEIRD! I looked in the new cookbook Make it paleo at their recipe and it was a little better but I still tweaked it. Here is what I did:

1/2 c coconut flour
        7 eggs
        1/2 c half and half (you could use coconut milk but it will change the stats)
        1t cinnamon
        1/2 t baking soda

breakdown: 205 calories, 11g protein, 12g fat, 11g carbs/serving Each serving is 4- 1oz cakes. (I used a 1 oz salad dressing ladle, the kind you see at a salad bar) makes 5 servings

Observations: Not shabby when paired with some additional protein (can you say bacon or sausage?) AND the coconut flour SMELLS DIVINE!!!

In the end, it was a hit for DD and pancakes on the weekend are not unreasonable- especially when its mostly egg HA!
        Last edited by athomeontherange; 11-06-2011, 06:27 AM. Reason: recipe makes 5 servings
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• oh fun! I need to start our Christmas cards, I usually wait until Thanksgiving weekend to make them because we don't do a big Thanksgiving, but it is too late to start and I always end up stressed. One year I actually sent out New Year's cards instead but that was harder because I felt like I had to respond to everything people had written in their Christmas cards.

The pancakes sound yummy. My family are actually frittatta eaters so we don't usually have a problem if we do a "fancy" breakfast, except the boys like bread (not sure what it is about those empty carbs, but they are drawn in).

I loe the smell of cooking with coconut anything!!!!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh i am not addressing them.. there are some, I hand make. I am actually horrible at sending out cards or writing the holiday form letter. Its all I can do to get the presents bought, wrapped and tree up and keep up with DD. My family is pretty used to me skipping out on cards.. I get a few from them but I have no patience for the you don't send one you don't get one.. my take? who cares! holidays = frickin family! oh don't get me started..LOL.. I get myself started!
            Karin

Comment

• I make them as well, that is what I meant. They are not individual though, I make a mass-well about 80, it definitely keeps me from adding people willy nilly. I also do a form letter. But like I said, I have severely cut down on who gets them. Also we go to the beach the week between Christmas and New years, so I don't decorate the house, also I get depressed when I have to take it all down by myself. Well I do put a tree in the front window so you can't see through the house. We also don't generally exchange gifts. Santa does fill a stocking with fun little things (last year they each got an electric razor, along with their fav candy). And they each get one nice gift from Santa. But mostly I give friends and family things as I find them, I cannot keep a secret or keep a gift hiding somewhere in the house. I am currently knitting DD a bolero for Christmas in her school color to wear over a white sundress to football games. She couldn't find one in the right color. She is away at college or she would already know, and there have been at least 3 times when I almost told her. I hope I make it through the Thanksgiving break without telling her!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• WOW.. that is a lot of cards!! I do not make near that many. Mass card distributing are bought cards..LOL Cool that we have that in common For the team of teachers I work with and the paras, I made Christmas gift tag sets and packaged them. They turned out so cute!

Yesterday: Short on calories and everything else... not hungry. I was busy crafting!

http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1106_foods.pdf
                Karin

Comment

• Well I can tell you my list gets shorter each year and the cards get simpler each year. I try to include a photo of each of the kids every year, and one of each of us about every 4 or 5 years (dh and I just don't change that much). This year's will have a photo of DD dressed as Mary, and DS dressed as a Roman Soldier. Our church does a huge Walk Through Bethlehem every year and these would be photos from last year. We actually had snow on the day of the event and had to end it early. Which both of my kids were happy about since the manger is outside and the Roman soldier was also stationed outside. DD had on long johns under her costume, but DS had on sandals and bare legs and arms. His photo looks really mean!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday= crazy day Monsoon rain and hail and EARTHQUAKES.. in Kansas?? YUP! well.. the epicenter was in Oklahoma but still. We seem to get them more frequently now. Sat was 5.6 and last night was 4.9 wierd!

Ate clean but still low in about everything: http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1107_foods.pdf

Last night had Chris's Seafood bisque.. how perfect for a storming earthquaking night!

P.S. Oh and weight is the same but TOM is coming up in a matter of days. I emailed about the stagnant weight, he said wait until its a full 7 days before changing anything so thats where I am. 296 this morning. I seem to range daily between 295-296.
                    Last edited by athomeontherange; 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM. Reason: PS
                    Karin

Comment

• eeek, Scary weather!

This is what I notice from your food track (gosh, hope you don't mind me doing this, just say so if it bothers you!) I would add a cup of veggie soup for lunch and a salad for dinner and that should help with fiber and not affect too much your calories. I made my veggie soup with lean beef so that helps boost the protein as well. And you could toss a protein source onto your salad (a bit of canned salmon or tuna or even nuts if you don't have problems with them). And well really, maybe you could have had the cottage cheese with breakfast, that meal looks particularly light. (my mom used to sweeten cottage cheese and put it on pancakes, you could toss a few bluberries on there and that would be quite yummy!) I notice if my breakfast is light that I tend to have more hunger issues all day long.

Of course, having said all of that, if you are feeling good and are either holding or losing, I would stick to it.

regarding your p.s. OMG, you are definitely going to catch me!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        eeek, Scary weather!

This is what I notice from your food track (gosh, hope you don't mind me doing this, just say so if it bothers you!) I would add a cup of veggie soup for lunch and a salad for dinner and that should help with fiber and not affect too much your calories. I made my veggie soup with lean beef so that helps boost the protein as well. And you could toss a protein source onto your salad (a bit of canned salmon or tuna or even nuts if you don't have problems with them). And well really, maybe you could have had the cottage cheese with breakfast, that meal looks particularly light. (my mom used to sweeten cottage cheese and put it on pancakes, you could toss a few bluberries on there and that would be quite yummy!) I notice if my breakfast is light that I tend to have more hunger issues all day long.

Of course, having said all of that, if you are feeling good and are either holding or losing, I would stick to it.

regarding your p.s. OMG, you are definitely going to catch me!
                        your analysis is very helpful. Your right with the adding a veggie soup or salad with lunch and dinner (ugh it means a trip to the store- thats another issue LOL) but you are right. Adding protein is a good idea. Love the breakfast suggestion. I do need to break out some berries to sweeten some things up a bit. I like those pancakes but again, I am looking at it as a weekend treat.

I was starting to feel hunger about 20 minutes before it was time, so I probably need to boost my AM protein. Strange for this morning though as I had 48g. Perhaps I need more fat though (I only had 11g this morning)

I have the "pants on the ground" thing going for me today!! LOL Sheesh!
                        Karin

Comment

• I am hungry this morning, but I just realized I forgot to eat my yogurt, so I didn't get enough of anything for breakfast. I usually get about 60g of protein for my breakfast (I am still doing the protein powder in my morning mocha), about 500 calories, and 20g of fat. I try to equally distribute the macro nutrients as best I can. Although my dinner is almost always light on the protein or I would reach my target.

I am guessing the "pants on the ground" is that they are long because they are now loose? Hoping so.

the pancakes as a weekend treat, because they are a pain to make?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Pants on the ground because they are indeed loose

Pancakes take time- I usually don't have any, especially in the morning.
                            Karin

Comment

• can you make them ahead and freeze them, then pop them into a toaster oven? I don't usually like to do that, but I also have time in the morning, because I wake up at 5:30 to get ds up and off to school, but he leaves by 6:30 and I don't leave until 8:30. You would think I would have an easier time doing the sun salutations and maybe taking a short walk?!? This morning my head was feeling tight from the sinus thing, so not real interested in doing much.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I should make up a big batch of them on the weekend since they are high protein low calorie. I will attempt that this weekend. I am up at 5am and out the door with DD in tow by 6:15am so, ugh doing anything extra is a pain- including the blasted sun salutations! With the weather being funky here, I hear you with the sinuses. I swear we had flakes today not just drizzle and rain.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X