No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am pretty sure that short of drugs or surgery my doc would support anything I could get to work, I have cried in her office over not being able to lose and she knows how frustrating it is as her father was diabetic.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I will not binge, I will not binge, I will not binge and have not yet.

dd crashed off her bike last night. We thought her wrist was broken but it turns out its sprained. Next week they need to xray it again to check the growth plate. She also has a concussion so she is home with my mom. I am so thankful for my mom because I do not have anymore sick days left. Stress... stress...stress... arg... headache!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Karin, I think you really need to come up with a list of stress reducers, you have so much going on in your life right now! Things from a cup of hot tea to crafting for an hour, what ever makes you feel pampered.

p.s. congrats on not binging!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It must be incredibly tough to be the only parent. Thank God your Mom is available.

Remember, Bingeing will make nothing better and you will feel sicker too. I know from personal experience.

Hope the injuries are minor.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin, thinking of you! Wish I was closer and could actually do something to help.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• ok.. so yesterday's stats:

p-77g on target
              c-13g on target
              f-117g on target
              cal 1376 low?

I dunno.. it all looks good to me. So far today with breakfast and lunch I am sitting at p-48g, c-6g, f-58g, cal 709. I kind of like this being where I am after lunch. It is something to consider when I am planning my day. I made fatty bombs last night with sunflower seed butter, butter and coconut oil. Each one is 104cal, 1.2g carb. 11g fat and 1g protein. I made have a few to assist getting me thru the day. I still have a headache but not sure if it is the weather (drizzle, the new med, or the stress with dd). I need to take an advil.

Chris- you are right.. I need a stress relief. Believe it or not I was going to get one last night while dd was at bball.. but that obviously did not happen.

Paula- I hope its not either. Her arm is really sore today as well as her head.

Ruth- I wish you were too. However, you are not that far. Maybe if you take a trip to Tx that is not too far south we can drive down on a mini vaca and meet up for dinner or something.
              Karin

Comment

• Karin, at 117g I would consider your fat a little low, you are shooting for 140g right? That is why your calories are low. Your carbs are low too but I don't consider that an issue. I am sort of thinking of carbs and protein as a combined number such that if I go over my carbs a little (which I tend to do because of my veggies) then I try to cut back that much on my protein. It hasn't happened that way yet, but that is my plan.

also, with your carbs that low, you could afford a small glass of red wine, right?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  Karin, at 117g I would consider your fat a little low, you are shooting for 140g right? That is why your calories are low. Your carbs are low too but I don't consider that an issue. I am sort of thinking of carbs and protein as a combined number such that if I go over my carbs a little (which I tend to do because of my veggies) then I try to cut back that much on my protein. It hasn't happened that way yet, but that is my plan.

also, with your carbs that low, you could afford a small glass of red wine, right?
                  I thought my fats were a little low but last night after we finally got home.. I needed to help dd with her bath, get her to bed and I was exhausted. I just wanted my bed. You are right, with carbs that low, I can afford a glass of wine. I did not even think of that last night.

I also see where your coming from with the protein and carb numbers. When I was initially trying to get my numbers where they need to be, when I was over on carbs I tried to cut back on protein.
                  Karin

Comment

• Actually, maybe we can do a mini-vacation. I have more vacation than DH. I was planning on a trip to Nebraska to see my BFF. Maybe when you are off I can swing by and see you (okay, I'm not good with geography -- maybe it's nowhere close). How far are you from Denver?
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I am about 8 -9 hours from Denver. If you are going I70 though we could meet in Kansas City if you are going that way. If not we can work on it. My summers are open
                      Karin

Comment

• I left my kindle with my food journal at work and editing this journal is weird. I know however I was a little over on protein, carbs spot on and fat was a little shy. I binged on some Olives, the super colossal jumbo ones. Yeah.. I think it could have been worse. I also had a serving of pork rinds with blue cheese dressing (thank you Paula). Delish but pushed my protein over a tad.

DD is heading to school. I sit with my fingers crossed she makes it through the day.
                        Karin

Comment

• Praying for DD and for you.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• my DD got a concussion the very last game of soccer she played in middle school. It was nerve racking to let her go to a school dance the next night, but it was fine. I feel your anguish.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• How are you? How is DD?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin, thinking about you guys, how is everyone?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X