No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just mentioned this in my post this morning. But I have been using MFP for years, so since I am getting less calories than I was before, even though I don't know the true totals, it has to help with loss. But it could explain part of the reason that I thought I was eating a caloric deficit and not losing!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The good news? I am down a total of 5 pounds. I was not going to get on the scale this morning but I was curious. The bad knews? My macros last night were screwed up. Its that whole less protein problem.. but then I tried a new recipe and thought the carbs were lower than they actually were. So the stats:

p-120 (WAY HIGH)
      c-52 (WAY HIGH)
      f-120 good
      cal 1707 good

crap. So I am obviously still struggling with balance. I think the problem is I am used to and like my protein spread through the day and that is going to be tricky. So for breakfast I am experimenting with one egg instead of 2 or 3 so I do not protein load my day and risk going over. I do not know if this will work but we will see. So far I have entered my breakfast and lunch in and here is what I get.

p-39
      c-22
      f-51
      cal-658

I made a fat bomb with the following stats: cal 81 ea, fat 9g, carb 2g and protein 1g.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• right now I am shooting for about 30g or less of protein per meal. It is high but not horribly, and better than what it had been. I am just going to work my way down until it is like 23g a meal.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wow, Karin, great job! You know, as well as you're doing, you just need to aim for continual improvement. You're doing good, feeling good. No need to stress too much about macros as this point - as long as calories don't get too out of control! When things stop working, then you can dial back in the protein and/or carbs and replace the calories with fat. Woo hoo for loss
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I made it, I made it!! Ok so its not the bathroom wall.. but I made it on instagram via a student. In all my years of teaching all the teachers I know of have made the bathroom wall such as Mr/Mrs ______ is a bitch etc. yeah, no.. of course I had to make the technology wall. The kid is in trouble, the principal called the cops but has yet to talk with me. The kid has lost the use of his iPad for the year. Its a jolly day here in Kansas (this is dripping with sarcasm, grab a tissue).

I am going to eat a fat bomb!
            Karin

Comment

• Yay! Good Job teach and congrats on the loss.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin, Ruth is right, don't stress it isn't good for fat loss!

Congrats on the Instagram (I know I am teasing you)
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• WOW!! AWESOME food day yesterday.. check out these stats!

p-60
                  f-107
                  c-26
                  cal 1252

oh yeah.. oh yeah.. its a good feeling to hit those targets and KNOW you did well! I was a little hungry around bedtime I noticed. I had some tea with cream and spaced putting in the butter to make it bulletproof. While I was a little empty, I guess not really hungry before bed, I woke up fine and not ravenous. Maybe this is what is should feel like? anywhoo... got another good food day planned on the books. After logging in my breakfast and lunch my stats will be: p-46, c-3, F-45 calories 350. plugging in my numbers early and knowing where I am and where I can still go seems to make this a bit less hectic.

on a side note- there were 2 instances with the instagram yesterday (me and another teacher). My picture was just a shot of my at my desk, nothing malicious. The other teachers picture was morphed and twisted.. you get the idea. Both kids are suspended although my student is just in in school suspension. But hey!! I still made it!! I am counting it! LMAO
                  Karin

Comment

• you are funny!

I definitely find that logging in breakfast and lunch lets me know what to do about dinner. It is a huge help. I tend to eat the same breakfast and lunch anyway, but I am a visual person so it is good to see the numbers
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Great day Karin! I am loving MFP because it integrates info from my gowearfit too. I am back to wearing that full time. I love having all the macros work out great and then hitting the done button.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• More great news... just got back from the doc. They adjusted my antidepressant treatment so hopefully that will kick in soon. The good news is though I have LOST 11 pounds since the last 6 weeks when I went in. ohmygosh!! I refused to weigh in until recently (I really resent my scale) but hey.. happy news huh? So then he says, what are you doing. I said low carb.. he smiles. Then I talk about the ketogenic diet (my doc is a young man, I was taking a chance he would not stroke out). I told him I was low carb-high fat. He jumps in and says the fat makes you feel fuller right? I am like.. yeah! He says I am glad you found this and it works for you. In the back of my mind I am like, dude if you KNEW why did you not tell me earlier?
                        Karin

Comment

• Happy Dance. So glad you could be honest with your doc. Does your scale agree with theirs?
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• From this morning/yesterday its 5 pounds difference. I am going to take that as a calibration/type of scale anomaly. I have an old fashion scale, that have a high tech digital.

edit: The 11 pounds was on their end- I had no clue until he told me.
                            Karin

Comment

• fantastic!!! downward movement. I guess the good news about him knowing the diet works is that he knows, I suspect fear of lawsuit keeps them from saying anything given CW's view of fat and heart attacks. SAD!!!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• It could the lawsuit scare, especially in this age. That IS sad. Its good to know he is in my corner and is supporting what I am doing. He is like, keep doing it.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X