carrots
    celery
    coffee
    cream cheese with celery
    green beans
    carrots
    ham
    salmon

P-96g (a little high for what I would like)
    F-47g (TOO LOW.. I even had a cup of decaf bullet proof coffee to try and bring up the fat. I may need a second cup as well as some kalamata olives)
    C-22g (just fine with me)
    calories-929 (WAY TOO LOW)

I think one reason the fat is low is because I unintentionally IF'd breakfast. It was a trade off for a little longer sleep.

When you need moar fat, but not carbs the options are tough. Unless someone has some ideas?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• If you discover this late in the day, then I would do Bulletproof herbal tea. How about more cream cheese. Do you like pork rinds? I eat mine with sour cream or mayo.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I have not had pork rinds since I first attempted atkins and do not remember if I liked them.. I am hesitant LOL I will give them a whirl again though. They come in plain?
        Karin

Comment

• Yes, in fact the flavored ones have preservatives. I find them to be a good fat source and their flavor will change with the dip. I also like blue cheese dressing.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I like anything in blue cheese dressing! I will see if I can find some plain ones.
            Karin

Comment

• Pork rinds send me over my protein goal, sigh. At least the ones I buy, that look like they don't have preservatives

I've been doing a "hot chocolate" (has a few carbs). Almond milk (1 cup); 1 tbs butter; salt (optional); unsweetened cocoa powder; stevia. [might be too many carbs - I'm usually maxed on protein)

Tonight - homemade bone broth (1 cup) with 1 tbs butter. No carbs - warm and deliciously filling.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I have been adding cream to my tea. That way if my fat is doing ok, I just drink the tea without it, if I need more I drink another cup of tea. I am like Ruth, I tend to get my fat tends to come with protein. Oh, I also add MCT oil to my breakfast drink, and am planning to add fish oil at bedtime (a tsp, every little bit helps).
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I also posted a recipe for "caramel", made with butter, cream, and stevia...
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I fear I would drink that stuff, yum!!!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Note that I haven't made it yet... In fact, I can't make fat bombs, either. I struggle because I'm naturally inclined to eat snacky/sweet foods, and I crowd out real nutrition (not that these things are bad - I just have difficulty keep them in their proper place).
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• My mom is hopping on the LCHF. She is diabetic and has been quasi-primal for the past year. Her goal is to get off meds and lose weight. We end over her numbers today. Good heavens.. I have to search the journals for the directions again!! LOL So far, she is loving the BP coffee but the higher fat is wreaking havoc with her system. I told her, as I assume, your body will adjust. I had a few issues initially but it all righted itself.
                        Karin

Comment

• On other threads I've read, LCHF, particularly the nutritional ketosis flavor, does WONDERS for diabetics. Hope this helps in all regards!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, I have trouble when I have sweets in the house as well, even or especially if "on plan". I am trying to fill up at meals and with tea/HWC so I can stay away from snacks.

Karin, basically just google to convert her goal weight to kg. That is the protein number, half that is the carb number, and double that is the fat number. To get calories you multiply the carb number and the protein numbers by 4, then the fat number by 9, and then add all those numbers together.

I don't know if it is the excitement of finally getting to start this or if it is helping already, but I feel really good right now.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Thank you ladies!! Chris- that is such a simple way to calculate everything. I am trying to help her set up her meals. She bought a food fact book and is journaling. Her numbers are smaller than mine.
                              Karin

Comment

• My mom finally lost her weight and has kept it off, after spending her life dieting. She gained with her pregnancies and never lost it all. She looks downright petite now since she is getting shorter too (she is 75). She used the new WW where there was no tracking or points if all the foods you ate came from a certain category.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X