No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm yes and hour later and I am like.. I am needing something before bed..LOL However, not ravenously hungry
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• What amazes me is how little I need, especially if I've eaten well during the day. I'm liking this...
      -- Ruth

Comment

• or how little we need when our fat resources are where they need to be. I like this too..
        Karin

Comment

• A Merry Christmas Eve to my MDA friends!! I hope you are where you want to be and who you want to be with!

so yes I had some chicken before bed.

Paula- you are onto something when you say if your macros are right, then you hit your calorie ball park.

breakdown for yesterday:
          p-76 g on target
          f- 108 g perhaps a bit low
          c-21g on target

1385 calories Now I may be a little off on my fat and carbs not not much. Next time I make fat bombs I need to pay closer attention to getting my macros for it.

no cravings for sugar or grain though!! That alone is a positive!
          Karin

Comment

• I caved late last night. I should have gone to bed. Had 2 pieces of chocolate (and not the good stuff either) and got back into the cream cheese/celery so I went high.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris- I think that if it had just been the cream cheese and celery it would not be a big issue. You should have some fat bombs on hand so the chocolate is not a temptation. I am telling you, I popped a few little fat bomb bons and was not even looking for the naughty stuff. You could so come up with something tasty!!
              Karin

Comment

• Merry Christmas Eve!!!! What a great day you had yesterday, Karin. Sounds you it felt good??

Chris, yes, I second the fat bombs. I had something like it last night...yum...killed all cravings for other stuff
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I did feel good.. whats strange is that feeling good felt weird! LOL I am curious of the outcomes of this. Eating less calories, abet more fat (the right fat) and being content.
                  Karin

Comment

• I'm cautiously hopeful... It's nice to feel good again, though.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I am going to make a batch of fat bombs to take along. I am also going to take the rest of the coconut bars (if the kids and hubby don't finish them first!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris- Although there are many fat bomb recipes I kind of flubbed my way through. Make sure you write down how you made them so we can copy of course!
                        Karin

Comment

• ok, I just remembered that I bought almond butter specifically to make fat bombs. I made them, but don't love the taste of cocoa powder in them. I even cooked the coconut milk, oil, and cocoa powder and it still had the taste of un cooked cocoa. So I will have to experiment. The recipe I used is from "Until the Fat lady sings" but I ran short of coconut and I doubled the stevia (I like sweet). So I need to experiment. I think I want to go with mostly a coconut flavor, like the inside of mounds bars.

p.s. the coconut bars are much better once they spent the night in the fridge. I think you could figure out a way to sub out coconut flour for the almond meal for the base. These are pretty much fat bombs too.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• i like the coconut butter/cream cheese combo. i want to play with some peppermint oil with them, as well as orange and lemon. I really like the used up cocoa nibs from the brewed cocoa beans as well. It gives it that bit of crunch you are probably used to with nuts.
                            Karin

Comment

• do you buy coconut butter? and where did you get the nibs? You are getting quite creative girly!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I did buy the coconut butter. However, I pinned a recipe on making your own coconut butter. The nibs I bought from Amazon. They are roasted cocoa nibs. I think I have seen them at the larger health food stores. I would be surprised if TJ's or some such place did not carry them. As for being creative, I sometimes think I am just desperate. LOL I miss the crunch of nuts but not enough to die over them. The nibs give me the satisfaction.

2T of the nibs is like 120 calories, negligible fat and carbs. I thought if I put 2 T in a small container that those moments at school where I am candy scavenging, crunching on one of those small pieces would give me the crunch and chocolate I crave without the sweet and sabotaging.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X