No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooookkkk.. so here begins the new journey of me. Crap I get tired of "starting over" or "starting something new". I have been reading and the KMD and like Chris said, I think I will like it. It seems to be what I prefer the most, I just need to get it together. This morning was not an inspiring way to start the day.. bacon and diet coke (I KNOWWW!!!) but sleep was crap last night. I was up at 1:30am until about 3am. I have not had this sleep issue in a while so perhaps it was too much caffeine yesterday.

Pedometer is on. At school we are walking as a staff to Chicago (@744 miles) via the pedometers as a healthy awareness incentive. At the end of school we will have a smoothie party..ummm yeah. This whole thing starts on the 9th.

more later as morning duty awaits.. its 32 degrees and I have outside duty this morning..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• hey starting over simply means you have some new learning going on. It keeps the brain young. I really do think KMD will work well for you.

sorry about the sleep, the cold, and the breakfast. Things can only get better...I think that is a song lyric.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Karin, hope you have a good day. [Ugh. I cannot imagine outside duty. I hate the cold...]

Starting over is a pain, but you are worth it.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• no pumpkin then no sweet taters either probably.. so sad.. but hey, I can live with this. I had to finish my sweet taters today instead of tossing them. I took out some ground turkey breast for dinner. I am trying to decide what best to make.
          Karin

Comment

• Don't you have a recipe where you spice up ground meat to taste like sausage (you could even sneak in some finely chopped spinach and if the seasoning is strong enough you wouldn't even taste it!) Add a couple of eggs, and whatever kind of veggie you do like. Maybe sprinkle with a little fresh parm. that sounds like dinner.

I have given up pumpkin at least until next year. I was getting a little crazy with it! But hey, what I was doing was still not working, so something had to go! I haven't been doing the sweet potatoes, so no loss there.

I actually feel good about this for you, it really seems like for the most part it fits your preferences.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think you are right Chris!

So, today I am off to a great start. Last night I fried up some ground turkey breast, onions, italian seasoning and a little can of tomato sauce (because tomatoes tend to be wonky on my knees). I put it in small containers and topped them with parm cheese. I had one for breakfast and took one for lunch. It was SO GOOD!! So already I have onion and tomato first thing in the morning.

More later.. morning duty again..

edit: Chris I am going to try that breakfast. It DOES sound like my kind of thing.

Also for lunch I brought celery and cream cheese (hoping cream cheese is legal- I need to look it up). My favorite cold veggies are celery (which I understand is pretty devoid of nutrients), cukes and carrots once in a great while. All other veggies I like cooked. I have turned in to such a midwest girl only I eat more than corn and green beans..LOL

So the dd is home sick with her grandma (she was puking after bball practice). Hopefully this is recovered soon because she has practice and a scrimmage tomorrow and a tournament on Sat. With only 7 girls on the team, they need her even if this is turning out to not be her sport.
              Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM.
              Karin

Comment

• look at you sneaking veggies into your breakfast! Yeah, I am excited for you!

Not sure about cream cheese, but regular cheese (up to 3 oz, which is a lot) is good, depends on the carbs I would guess.

I love cucumbers (especially pickled) and celery, so-so on carrots.

so sad the kid is sick again. hoping for a quick recovery!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• well I googled and it seems to fall in with HWC and full fat sour cream in a low carb plan... not sure about KMD though.

Chris: I am a pickle and olive girl!! Oh and the sweet cherry peppers and banana peppers... THOSE ARE AWESOME SNACKS. I am such an antipasta person..LOL
                  Karin

Comment

• I think you are doing ok with the cream cheese. You might want to weigh it though, and I would consider it a fat more like butter than like cheese, although I don't think I would go so far as to go unlimited-you are trying to keep the carbs down. The cheese I had for lunch today had 7g of protein and no carbs, and 9g of fat (and it was a double cream gouda-yum). Cream cheese only has 2g of protein, 10g of fat, and 1g of carb.

yep, I like anti-pasta myself.

hey, p.s. pretty sure carrots, like winter squash, are high in carbs. so off limits in the early stages here.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I am outta carrots and squash anyway. I will miss pumpkin on Christmas though. However, I could probably do an egg custard!
                      Karin

Comment

• One day didn't create the situation, and one day ain't gonna kill the solution! On the other hand I love a good egg custard!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Fail to plan.. plan to fail..

So as of lunch I am succeeding..

I am also conquering the caffeine I think. All weekend I made pots of decaf green tea. In the pot I put some orange ends or lemon ends (the middles were sliced and put in the dehydrator for gifts). I have also discovered that the ends of citrus can be frozen and put in tea later as well. Who knew? Anyhoo.. sometimes I also put some cloves or a cinnamon stick in the pot as well. It was so good and hit the spot with the colder weather. Did I eat well this weekend? Umm.. read the first part of the post. I do so poorly when I am on the go. DD had a bball tourney and we had an electricity problem in town so we were at moms for Friday night. Just poorly planned days which means poorly planned food.

To make up for the weekend deficit, I fried up some burger, added a sugar free marinara sauce (there is veggies in that there sauce), portioned out the weeks worth of lunches and topped with parm cheese. Its so good! So simple! At work they are like mmm what are you eating? Did you make that homemade?? It smells SO GOOD! I am like, yeah I am awesome like that. LOL Psh.. they need to know nothing about my partnership with Hunts pasta sauce. By the way, the sauce in the can is sugar free. So many of the jarred sauces contain sugar- weird!

I am reading the eat moar fat thread a bit. However, I am really liking the KMD. It is my kind of food, my kind of eating. I need to be drinking my wine in the evening though. I know you can sub chocolate but I think chocolate is a trigger for me.
                          Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-10-2012, 10:23 AM.
                          Karin

Comment

• I think the KMD gets you past 50% fat so you are eating more. I am not going to start reading another thread about some miracle way to make this work, not right now. But I am getting a bit more fat in my diet and it is yummy, and satisfying. I don't do bacon though, actually don't care for it. I have switched to chicken thighs instead of breast. What a difference! Cheaper and much yummier. So it is the small changes I am working on, the details.

congrats with your weeks lunches already prepared!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Well for me it may be just the miracle I need to stop bingeing...

Who knew Hunts in a can had no sugar? Thanks for the info.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh Paula, I hope so! It is my memory that this is one version of Primal that you haven't tried, so maybe this is the missing link! I am honestly coming to believe that the devil is in the details, and that each of us needs a different mix of macros (probably different at different times too). And that is why you can read a thread where the fat is melting off of someone and they are vegetarians, and another thread where they eat only meat. I am guessing the trick is to find the combo that satisfies our taste buds, as well as our brain, as well as our physical needs and that does not leave us feeling deprived or hungry. So perfect a fit that it becomes so natural that there is zero thought process necessary, and then we can get on to other thing besides trying to control our diet. I think I am getting much closer.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X