No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use 1/2C egg whites, 1 egg daily. Dairy wise, 1/2Ccottage cheese rarely butter and 2T half and half, I switched from HWC because it is easier to get-TJ's only has the small size of HWC and the 1/2 & 1/2 is way cheaper. As far as AS I am down now to just stevia and 2T a day of the flavored SF syrup. But no corn, gluten, soy, or peanuts.

But I have gone without all of those things at various times, although not all at once, and it has made no change in my weight.

I am currently much happier since I don't get on the scale and I can focus on how eating something makes me feel. I decided to give up the sugar alcohols I was using (xylitol and erythritol), and will probably give up the SF syrup when I run out and just use organic flavorings and add stevia instead.

I know I am not moving enough, gotta find a substitute for the treadmill till it decides to start again.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think the sweeteners are the most important to drop. I only use butter and heavy cream, but I have dropped that too.

Chris-I know Karin answered this but...eggs are legal for w30, but it might be an interesting experiment for me post W30. Everything else on the list is essentially what you give up for a pure w30.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The woman who wrote the book basically said that she started this whole thing by doing testing on people that doctors sent to her clinic because they were having symptoms that were not being taken care of with medications. Over the course of doing the testing for years she says she saw a pattern where the patients would not only lose their symptoms (joint pain, fatigue, sleep issues, etc) but also were losing weight. She says when she starting looking at patterns, that 99% of the people came up with issues with one or more of those 7 foods.

I just added back in the cottage cheese and eggs when I started SSoS, I like getting my protein from a variety of sources. And both of those make for a much nicer smoothie! I use my whey for my snack now, because it is a shorter time that I need to be satiated than at breakfast.

I am going to just be honest with myself here and say that the stevia and half & half are currently essential to my enjoyment of my smoothies, matcha green tea, and coffee. Since I am not going to give those 3 up, I am not going to give up the stevia and half&half. The rest I could do without, already do without most of them. But truthfully, deep down, I believe I am heartier than that, I just don't think it would make a difference.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• How about a 1 week experiment? Drop all of it. Plan it ahead of time so you have replacements. Weigh and measure at the beginning and the end.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Maybe if I get desperate enough after the new year. I would easily give it all up except for 1 cup of the green tea in the morning. That takes the least amount of dairy, and I could probably sub out almond or even coconut milk in it, but it would require at least a few drops of stevia. Or I could try it when DH was out of town, a week without my morning warmth will make me a bear!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I know I need to drops the sweeteners.. its HARD. I would agree I probably use too much sweet and low. I can do without the dairy.. its just a comfort (much like Chris mentioned). If I do not see changes in the scale soon, I may just drop dairy altogether. I would then be a W30 I think.

Edit: BONUS.. todays lab with my 3 classes I had to walk the hall back and forth for 3 classes (About 80 min per class). I should have worn my pedometer. I will do this lab with another group Friday for the same walking time.
              Last edited by athomeontherange; 11-27-2012, 01:50 PM.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• It's funny Chris...You used to swear that you had to weigh every day for the data that it gave you. Now you don't weigh. I think some day you will choose to do a true W30 too.

I double dog dare you. lol
                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  It's funny Chris...You used to swear that you had to weigh every day for the data that it gave you. Now you don't weigh. I think some day you will choose to do a true W30 too.

I double dog dare you. lol
                  I am breaching etiquette here but: I triple dog dare you! LOL
                  Karin

Comment

• OK.. flub up last night. DD had her appt last night which meant we were on the run (i.e no time to eat at home). I made an unwise sonic decision (any decision is unwise at sonic) and went over. It then led to binging at night. I need to plan better for those days.

Calories 1674

Calorie Breakdown:
                    Carbohydrate (45%)
                    Fat (40%)
                    Protein (15%)
                    Karin

Comment

• hehehe, I know, Paula, I thought the same thing as I walked away from the computer after I had typed that. So currently my goal is to cut back on the dairy and sweeteners so that when I do decide to jump on the whole30 wagon it will be not so hard. I will say I have tried more than a few times to switch to black coffee and it never worked.

I think the biggest hold back for me right now is that I am not convinced that the 2T of HWC has any effect. I can see where the sweeteners would, and think they would be easier to drop, except I just don't see drinking my morning veggie smoothie unsweetened, blech!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• That is not a problem. If you do W30 you have to dump the whey protein as well...Evil, I know.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I would say this about the W30 - each one I've done, but especially the first one, has identified some problem areas. It's actually where I determined that I have a dairy issue. I knew things weren't quite right, but when I did a true elimination and then brought it back in, wow, my stomach hurt so bad. It was the isolation thing. The one thing you have to do is to bring back things one at a time for a few days s you can figure out what, if anything, each one of the foods does to you.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin - on the bright side - 1,600 is not bad on an overload day Just keep plugging away. I totally hear you on things not working -- but you have to give it at least 2 weeks, if not a month, to see if it's working. [This from the queen of hopping on and trying every new thing she reads about]
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I actually don't use whey in my morning smoothie, and could do without it in the afternoon one (when I do it) as well, except that I do use cottage cheese and egg whites in the morning one.

gosh Karin, I hate to say this, but keeping to 1200 seems to be so stressful for you I almost hope the experiment doesn't work so you don't have to keep it up!

Nope, not doing a whole30 before Christmas, not gonna add to the stress. My current mind set is to focus on things I can have and I don't wanna learn a whole set of things I can't have right now.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Believe it or not I do not see myself as stressed about the 1200. A bit neurotic perhaps, but not stressed. I am going to keep at it (and complain until I get my crap together). I will say that I have had some good food days. Its a balance though. Eating the right amount of the right foods so that you are no longer hungry. Plus, I have noticed doing this, my previous calories were all over the place as I reflect on the difference in the amount of foods I used to consume as to now. I am going to stay off the scale though until Christmas (OMG.. thats a long time). This way I can give it a true test. During that time, I also think I will be weeding out dairy (cream/cheese). I do not consume much and not daily so perhaps it wont be a big struggle.

On a side note.. worst cramps of my life last night from ankle to hip. I could not walk or put weight on it. I thought I was going to die. Drank some warm water and it helped. I wonder if it was from all the walking I did?
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X