No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.46 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.41.02 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.41.07 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.41.14 PM.jpg
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I spammed myself.. excuse me..lol
      Karin

Comment

• very clever! She will so appreciate all the work you have done when she is an adult
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What a wonderful list. Definitely gonna steal this idea and make a calandar. You are definitely making memories here. The other resolution I have for this busy season is to stay in good cheer - even if I do occasionally need some help from tequilla!

Comment

• Donald522 made a funny considering your new 1200 cal plan.

Love the Calendar idea.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• somewhere in there I want to take her to a living nativity but could not put it on the calendar because i do not know when it is.

yesterday I went over 1534 here is the break down.

Calorie Breakdown:
              Carbohydrate (33%)
              Fat (42%)
              Protein (25%)

I had another evening issue. I did not have hot tea up until bedtime though and I think that is one reason.

Off to a better start today.
              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                What a wonderful list. Definitely gonna steal this idea and make a calandar. You are definitely making memories here. The other resolution I have for this busy season is to stay in good cheer - even if I do occasionally need some help from tequilla!
                tequilla, rum, cake vodka.. whatever it takes. LOL
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Donald522 made a funny considering your new 1200 cal plan.

Love the Calendar idea.
                  I must have missed the comment and it was deleted..LOL
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    very clever! She will so appreciate all the work you have done when she is an adult
                    I hope so.. I kinda forwent her meds over this holiday. She was good but she will be taking meds daily during the Christmas holiday..OMG.
                    Karin

Comment

• It was a quote saying something like "I am not counting calories, but I don't want to eat 3000 cals/day."
                      Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-26-2012, 12:37 PM.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• that IS funny.. I feel like I have come full circle.. almost
                        Karin

Comment

• FYI on W30 I am only eating between 1200 and 1500 cals/day.

Basically Meat and veg with fat at each meal. Sweet potato added to dinner.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• yesterday my calorie count was 1209. Here is the breakdown:
                            Calorie Breakdown:
                            Carbohydrate (26%)
                            Fat (30%)
                            Protein (44%)

I need to learn not to step on the scale or just expect to be disappointed when I do. My expectations are too high. I would think that I would see something, anything on the scale. I did not walk yesterday. I started with mom and the wind was so cold, she said she didn't want to go. She had come for dinner so I could not just go on without her. Speaking of dinner.. my chicken breast in the crock pot rocked our worlds. So simple no muss-no fuss (like me). Onions on the bottom, chicken breasts, salt, pepper and then paprika. YUM!

Paula- awesome! FWIW.. with the exception of a little half and half /butter here and there (not everyday), what I am eating is meat, veggies and fruit as well. Perhaps when I can get this calorie count under control I will just make the shift to W30.

Chris- I did not like the SSoS newsletter today (conviction here). So tells me what I do not want to hear, especially about calorie counting. I skimmed it. I need to go back and read it when I am not in an ADHD mind set.

PS. I so excited to start Lily's advent calendar. I think I am looking forward to it more than she is. Although she has to stare at it everyday. She does not know what's up. I will send a picture of what I am talking about tomorrow.
                            Karin

Comment

• I listened to an interview from Metabolic Effects (they have a pretty good web site) with JJVirgin. She is a diet book author. Her spiel says that if you give up these 7 foods you will lose 7 pounds in 7 days. The foods you ask?

1. eggs
                              2. dairy
                              3. corn
                              4. gluten
                              5. soy
                              6. peanuts
                              7. sugar and A.S.

I think that is essentially a Whole 30 isnt it? She wants you to commit to it 100% for 21 days. Then she suggests you add 1 back in at a time to see which (if not all) are what cause your body to hold onto fat.

I haven't read the SSoS newsletter yet today, but I would tell you to hold off on SSoS until you are done with the low calorie experiment because everything he has to say will just try to talk you out of watching calories.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think on W30 you can have eggs but you are right, all of the other stuff is forbidden. On the list I am doing eggs and dairy. I probably need to ditch the dairy but I use so little of it (I really am not eating cheese, yogurt, sour cream etc.). I use a little half and half instead of cream and I use butter on occasion. Could my little use of it be hindering my progress? I just do not know.

edit.. oh yeah I use AS too, mostly just sweet and low.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X