No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also going to try and dehydrate cranberries as well - but I was thinking of a "baked oatmeal" made with cauliflower rice (we shall see - this make take a few tries to get right...if it works at all!!!). I also bought the stuff for the pink dawn scrub -- I thought with some little lotions this would be a small gift.

I ordered some bay rum essential oil off the internet. I'm going to try and make DH some manly body scrub and maybe some aftershave. I love the spicy smell...

Hang in there with the 1200 calories. You'll find your groove. And if you need ideas, let me know, I track off and on
    -- Ruth

Comment

• here is a link to a hot breakfast "oatmeal" but it doesn't have any veggies or fruit, just a replacement for grain really, might be a good place to start (you could add the cauliflower rice to it maybe?)...That Bed Was Fantastic Carrie Brown | Marmalade and Mileposts

I have been gathering a goody box for my parents, whey powder (zNatural) & gelatin (Great Lakes) for my dad to hopefully speed healing, and the stuff my mom likes for her face but can't spend the money on. Other than that, Dh decided to splurge and get us each an iPhone 5 for Christmas (our old phones were 5 years old!) so no presents for the kids and he and I never exchange gifts. My kids don't do teacher gifts, and the coaches get a big gift at the end of the year. The only neighbor we exchanged with passed away a few months ago, so I am done Christmas shopping! I am putting my pinterest pins to use in decorating the house though!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I give my daughters a little gift because well, my kid tends to require more it seems at times. As for the neighbors, they are mostly the familys that Lily plays with. Sweet kids and parents I appreciate. Plus, she gets to put them together as part of her advent so its kind of a service things too. Her advent calendar this year is more activity/service based as opposed to candy and little gifts everyday. I have ornaments for her to make for the shut-ins in town as well. We will make on one day, deliver on another. The message?? Christmas is not about getting gifts. I am actually proud of the calendar this year.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I love your advent idea. I am trying something similar with my kids this year. Last year I tried the small gift at dinner each night thing, but it got really expensive because I didn't give candy. I ended up spending hundreds of dollars by the end and still had Christmas on top. This year I've been looking at crafts on pinterest and planning family fun like going to the zoo lights and dinners with friends. I use lots of canning jars (8 cases of apple sauce anyone?) so am making the snow man head mason jar thing from pinterest. I love that I can do the lighting wiht either electric or a candle or use it to give goodies in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
            I'm also going to try and dehydrate cranberries as well - but I was thinking of a "baked oatmeal" made with cauliflower rice (we shall see - this make take a few tries to get right...if it works at all!!!). I also bought the stuff for the pink dawn scrub -- I thought with some little lotions this would be a small gift.

I ordered some bay rum essential oil off the internet. I'm going to try and make DH some manly body scrub and maybe some aftershave. I love the spicy smell...

Hang in there with the 1200 calories. You'll find your groove. And if you need ideas, let me know, I track off and on
            I made a basil orange scrub that smells SO GOOD!!
            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
              I love your advent idea. I am trying something similar with my kids this year. Last year I tried the small gift at dinner each night thing, but it got really expensive because I didn't give candy. I ended up spending hundreds of dollars by the end and still had Christmas on top. This year I've been looking at crafts on pinterest and planning family fun like going to the zoo lights and dinners with friends. I use lots of canning jars (8 cases of apple sauce anyone?) so am making the snow man head mason jar thing from pinterest. I love that I can do the lighting wiht either electric or a candle or use it to give goodies in.
              Even going to the dollar tree it was still like $25 bucks or more for a gift everyday. I made a holiday light scavenger hunt I will share if you like (I need an email), I thought a tea party with a friend, polar express cocoa and movie night, homemade carmel corn and christmas movie night and so much more. I would be happy to share this as well. I need to find you on pintrest girlie!!
              Karin

Comment

• LOVE the Advent calendar idea - especially things like ornaments for the shut-ins...!!!! I'm hanging out with a bunch of creative gals (I don't have a creative bone in my body!) I was going to give my mom and DH each a small gift each day of Advent -- maybe I'll mix a few activities in with the gifts
                -- Ruth

Comment

• we will also be stringing popcorn for the birds.. I have a list LOL I can email it if you like.
                  Karin

Comment

• I'd love a list of ideas. Can you PM them to me or make attachments to a PM? Maybe put the whole list here as I bet you have many voyeurs here who don't comment but would love the ideas also

Comment

• Well thats what I have been trying to do but grrr. I put it all in a power point and printed them out on cards for her advent calendar. There used to be a way to go from a power point to an outline in word but I can not remember how. I have not done it in YEARS and am not sure if its possible anymore. Still trying to figure it out without retyping the whole thing.
                      Karin

Comment

• how about a screen shot?

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.35.57 PM.jpg
                        Karin

Comment

• trying again..Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.38.29 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.38.38 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.38.46 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.38.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.01 PM.png
                          Karin

Comment

• Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.18 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.24 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.38 PM.png
                            Karin

Comment

• Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.51 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.39.57 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.02 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.09 PM.jpg
                              Karin

Comment

• Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.28 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.34 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-11-25 at 2.40.41 PM.jpg
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X