today's food:

http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1028_foods.pdf

break down:

craaaaap

calories: 1906-OVER
    carbs:47g on the money
    fat: 95g on the money
    protein: 205 on the money but could have made better choices

What is your top end calorie target? You can't be that much over it, and gotta still be under your BMR by a couple hundred right? Also, if your protein and your carbs and your fat are on the money you can't be over in the calories right. I am wondering here if you multiply your top end of the numbers you are shooting for ie. the protein by 4 and the carbs by 4 and the fat by 9 does that end up being higher than your top end calories target?

When I look at your food diary the only thing that really jumps out at me is that you are still running a deficit regarding veggies and maybe a fruit. I don't really see what you consider not a great choice regarding the protein?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      What is your top end calorie target? You can't be that much over it, and gotta still be under your BMR by a couple hundred right? Also, if your protein and your carbs and your fat are on the money you can't be over in the calories right. I am wondering here if you multiply your top end of the numbers you are shooting for ie. the protein by 4 and the carbs by 4 and the fat by 9 does that end up being higher than your top end calories target?

When I look at your food diary the only thing that really jumps out at me is that you are still running a deficit regarding veggies and maybe a fruit. I don't really see what you consider not a great choice regarding the protein?
      I forgot about the high end of my calorie allotment. I have been trying to stick to no more than 1700 calories. But your right, I do have a bit of a sliding scale on that.

I agree I am running a deficit on veggies. Today I have had some fruit but really no veggies. I need to add a LC veg this evening.

As for the protein choices, I was thinking that maybe I am getting too much dairy. I think though if I stick to my dairy in the AM, I will not run over. I have GOT to work on the OCD and not stressing over my numbers. While I like my parameters.. I often imprison myself in them. Does that make sense?

Oh! Super awesome compliment at the foot dr today. The nurse asked if I got my hair done and that I look different. I said no. She kept saying that I looked great, I am glowing. I replied that maybe its good health as I changed the way I eat by cutting out grains, sugar and legumes. She did not want to touch that with a ten foot pole I could tell but said again that i looked great and was glowing. Best compliment I have had in a while. I have to say though, my hair and skin look INCREDIBLE!

So far today: 1010 cal, 44 net carbs, 50g fat, 94.5g protein
      For dinner I am planning some cod cooked in butter and I am going to make some veggie soup to get my veggies (I am currently cold and the thought of salad makes me want to hurl). I figure I could have a couple cups per day.. stay pretty low in carbs and get in those macronutrients. I will post the daily food log after dinner.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
        Stop with the whole putting yourself down thing.

You clearly made a caloric deficit here and will lose weight, albeit slower, but slower means MORE PERMANENT fat loss.

Start listening to your body instead of telling it what numbers it needs to make. My best weight loss was on weeks where I ate more btw...
        okokokokokokokokok

Like I said before.. I like my number parameters but often imprison myself in them.
        Karin

Comment

• I like having the parameters and for some reason this time around they are not stressing me, probably because I really believe I have finally put all the pieces of the puzzle together! I am so grateful to Matt and Jeff for putting together all of that science into one nice concise neat book. Reading it is a huge aha moment. And even in the reread, it is still exciting to me that I found the piece that ties it all together.

I used to make this Weight Watchers Soup, all veggies, super yummy, huge pot cooks all day and then freeze it in individual servings. YUM! I will look for the recipe if you are interested.

p.s. It is just the cream, yogurt and cottage cheese? I don't really see that would be a problem if they are full fat. As long as you aren't having any problem I don't see an issue.
          Last edited by demuralist; 10-29-2011, 02:00 PM. Reason: add ps
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would love the recipe for the WW soup, although I can not do cabbage. I swear that is a devil veggie unless its raw..LOL

I need to go back and reread SPEED. Its a quick read but I think rereading it will internalize it better/more.

My soup tonight is semi exciting. I am using fresh broth from the whole chicken I cooked last week. I added dehydrated onion, peas and green beans with some Mrs. Dash. I will add some carrots too. The broth is just incredible. There really is no comparison to the broth that you buy in the store.
            Karin

Comment

• This is very flexible, I mix and match veggies all the time, but I gotta admit the "sprinkle" is fabulous!

Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup
              My version-8 to 10 Servings
              1T oil
              1 large onion, chopped
              1 celery stalk, diced
              1 large carrot or parsnip, chopped
              1 lb. lean ground beef
              3 cloves of garlic, chopped
              3 small zucchini, chopped
              3 small yellow squash, chopped
              1 small cabbage, chopped
              2 large cans of diced tomatoes
              1 16oz bag of frozen green beans
              1 32oz veggie broth

Sweat onion, celery, carrot, & beef in oil till soft. Add garlic, just until fragrant, less than a minute. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for hours, until the cabbage is cooked.

This is better left over, and particularly good with a tablespoon of my ‘famous’ sprinkle…

4C nutritional yeast
              3T Spike
              3tsp Garlic Powder (NOT garlic salt)

Mix it together in a lidded container, also great on popcorn.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• She shoots... She scores!!!!

On the money!!!
                http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1029_foods.pdf

THATS what I'm talking about!!

Chris- thanks for the recipe for the soup. I think for a while maybe this is what I need to do get my veggies while I protest salads
                Karin

Comment

• I knew you would get it!!!! Nice
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• this morning 299.5- getting back to under 300! Watching my macro's and the diuretic are helping. I figure I will stay on the diuretic until 1: my doc says I need to come off of it because my bp is SO LOW or I drop quite a bit more and am farther away from the 300 mark.

Chris.. I am working hard to catch up with you!!

I think I am going to move some firewood today for my exercise. It will not be too hot and will be good to get some sun and fresh air.
                    Karin

Comment

• Today's workout was 2+ hours working in the yard. Some of which include but are not limited to moving 14, 40lb bags of soil Some of this was done by the drag and sling method and some was hefted and heaved! Ugh.. feeling it!

Today's food is over again in calories and fat.. low in carbs and on the money for protein.
                      http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1030_foods.pdf

Not getting anal about this (I keep repeating this to myself).
                      Karin

Comment

• I think if you remind yourself that your stats are a range and not a number, and that things like 2 1/2 hours of exercise will alter you need for food, and your body will work to make sure you get it (per SPEED on not using exercise as your weight loss tool), that will help you get away from the excess focus on exact numbers. Would be better! Numbers will cause you stress!

Congrats on the amount of time you got to spend in the sun/yard! fun.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Got on the scale and its back to 297.. hoorah! Matt is pleased as well. I also sent him copies of my journal to review and he said it is looking good and as long as the scale is going down its all good. Looking at the daily breakdown for calories I notice that I am not consistent though. I will be like 1600, then 1800, then 1500, then 1900 etc. Would I see more of a difference if i were consistent?
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                            Got on the scale and its back to 297.. hoorah! Matt is pleased as well. I also sent him copies of my journal to review and he said it is looking good and as long as the scale is going down its all good. Looking at the daily breakdown for calories I notice that I am not consistent though. I will be like 1600, then 1800, then 1500, then 1900 etc. Would I see more of a difference if i were consistent?
                            Good job! Keep it up.

Don't forget to do your walking! Biggest part of PB fitness is walking (which everyone seems to forget every now and then.) It's literally the best fat burning exercise EVER.

By the way, switch it up on your body and eat some sugar today. Seriously, Grok never hopped on the scale (and neither should you.) Go enjoy a banana for gods sakes.
                            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                            Follow me on google+
                            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• I bet the reason you are losing is because you do have variety in your numbers. I think I am too consistent. I eat basically the same breakfast and lunch everyday. But for me that is comfortable, so I will take a slower weight loss to be comfortable. Plus if Matt is pleased I would relax, he is experienced in reading food diaries and helping people lose weight. I would go with what he says.

p.s. sometimes in the responses I get from them there is a sentence that ends with a "J", I am assuming it is a note from Jeff. Have you gotten that?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Nope, I have not gotten comments from Jeff. I like that Matt emails to check up though.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X