No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ate off the grid yesterday.. I was scattered and exhausted and photographed nothing. Breakfast was a pumpkin nog protein smoothie, lunch was fried mushrooms with blue cheese and dinner was salmon patties with a tossed salad and dill dressing. Blackberry cobbler for dessert. The only primal meals were breakfast and dinner.. everything else was crap. Photographing again today and back on the grid. I will post later.

I am back to work today. I am having to learn name and faces again and already have a headache.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oh poor thing. Hang in there.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I should not have stepped on the scale this morning.. so depressing. I still have swelly belly and wonder how much this is affecting my weight.
        Karin

Comment

• the scale is not my friend. I will not visit it until at least Christmas. No matter how haunting the siren call, I will not go!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hey, how is work going, hope you are feeling ok physically.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok with being back to work, taking photos of what I am eating is just a no go. Not to mention I have splurged for the last 2 days (I think its anxiety). I brought a "Over my Ovaries" cake for treat day. Dillons spelled ovaries wrong even though I printed it for them

I was exhausted to say the least yesterday afternoon and I am tired today as well. However, its a 3 day weekend so a short week next week, then a 2 day week the following week because of Thanksgiving so that will help easing back in. The kids have been great and seem thrilled I am back which makes me feel good. They have made me homemade cards and it makes me feel loved. I will enjoy it while it lasts because inevitably for some that will change (LOL).

My dd has some current issues that has me wanting to just beat my head against a wall. I admit, I have been eating to cope with that as well. Therapy is Monday.. thank God! In the mean time, the girl is locked down grounded. I hate it.. but out of options.

I am still not drinking caffiene and that does not help my sleepiness. My sleep has been better though I was up at 3:30a this morning. Being up at 4:30a yesterday morning was doable, the 3:30 just kills me. I should just get up and work out *sigh*
              Karin

Comment

• TGIF!!!!

I have been sleeping so much better these past few days (I think, I stopped monitoring it, but I wake up without an alarm and feeling great). I finally forced myself into a schedule, get ready for bed at 9 trying to create a repeatable routine, in bed by 9:30, up by 5:30. It seems as though it may be the cooler temps and maybe that I am actually hitting my circadian rhythm, where 10 or 10:30 misses it. I dunno, but I'll take it!

I know you know this but feel compelled to say that eating junk is probably not helping your sleepiness, although I suspect it is just being back at work.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Life... yeah, its like that.

Went to the doc today- it took a full week to catch that respiratory crap again after being back to school. Caught it in time so no steroid just an antiB and cough syrup. Oh.. and he was hesitant about the thyroid stuff because it always comes back normal.. so we did not do it. He says I am to do 1200 calories and walk 30-45 min/day (rain shine etc.) and stay away from grains. So, aside from the exercise, I am pretty much doing this although 1200 calories I am like, crap!

Friggin hate counting calories.
                  Karin

Comment

• Buy him a copy of SSoS. And ask him how it is that we as a human race managed to maintain healthy weights except for like 1% of the population until we started counting calories.

Sorry, good luck with it.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Try the 1200 cals as an experiment. If it gives you a kickstart, great. Just try not to get obsessive about it.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I am entering my food into the fitbit program just because I can log my activity too. However, I forgot my fitbit at home today! Grr.. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday and my back is sore today (it was sore last night too). I am hoping to work the kinks out today, but if not I will zap them tonight while I walk AGAIN. Good thing the weather is nice and I have little to gripe about.

Its hard not to obsess about calories.. I am willing to give the 1200 a shot. If I see results, I can see me grudgingly sticking with it.
                        Karin

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving!! I am so thankful for you all and the support and encouragement you give. NOT counting calories today but making informed smart choices. I hope you all have a great day and safe travels if you are on the road.
                          Karin

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving back at you. No good choices being made here. Whole30 starts tomorrow.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Right back at cha! your support is so much appreciated! The problem was not created by enjoying one day, the solution will not be wrecked by enjoying one day.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Right back at cha! your support is so much appreciated! The problem was not created by enjoying one day, the solution will not be wrecked by enjoying one day.
                                <3 this!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X