The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, here is my food entry for today.

B: 3 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, leftover grilled apple pie with whipped cream (I do not put in anything for the whipped cream, I like the taste as is) and my coffee with cream (I have decided its best to stick with decaf most of the time)
    L: 5 bacon wrapped chicken livers with homemade bbq sauce (tomato sauce, mustard, cider vinegar, broth, chili powder, minced onion, garlic powder, stevia), carrots with homemade ranch (thanks Chris) and 1/2 grapefruit
    D: 2 salmon patties ( salmon, egg, ranch mix) wrapped in leaf lettuce with a mayo dill sauce (and a ginger ale- the only no-no)
    S: really dessert- pumpkin pie (pumpkin, egg, 1 package sweetener, pumpin pie spice) with whipped cream

PA310003.jpgPB010001.jpgPB010001.jpgPB010002.jpg

I think a rather good food day though. I will tell you, knowing I was photographing my food it made me reevaluate what I was eating. I looked at it from a new perspective of do have enough protein, how are my fruits and veggies etc.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 11-01-2012, 04:31 PM. Reason: forgot coffee
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• OK.. so last night I had had enough crap from my dd. I drank 2 spiked nogs.. yup.. 2
      Karin

Comment

• The pics are great. Love them.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• did you photo the nogs? I think the photos really help me as well!

I used to make a homemade nog that was actually fairly healthy, I think, if I find the recipe I will post it.

do you bake the pumpkin pie, put in in the micro, or just eat it raw?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Do post the nog recipe! I will need to find a semi-healthy one for the family (and, admittedly, I like it myself).
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              did you photo the nogs? I think the photos really help me as well!

I used to make a homemade nog that was actually fairly healthy, I think, if I find the recipe I will post it.

do you bake the pumpkin pie, put in in the micro, or just eat it raw?
              I did not photo the nogs.. I should have. Suffice it to say, it was store bought and I added rum. I would be interested in a healthier version though.. I love NOG! As for the pumpkin pie, I baked it. I have a small toaster/oven/broiler etc that I use. It works great for smaller portions.
              Karin

Comment

• [ATTACH]9771[/ATTACH

day 2: I am thankful for the small town that I live in. Here you see the main drag. I love the simplicity
                Attached Files
                Karin

Comment

• I grew up on Main Street in a small town, loved it!

Ok, here is the recipe I found for the eggnog, but I swear I used to make one that had to be cooked like a custard, oh well....

Old-Fashioned Egg Nog
                  1 raw egg (I usually just use pasteurized eggs here, I have IBD, raw is scary for me)
                  1 cup half-in-half (I usually use 1/2 whipping cream and 1/2 Almond Milk or Coconut milk for a change of pace)
                  1/2 tsp vanilla
                  sugar substitute to taste (I like liquid stevia)
                  Blend well. Serve cold. (I like a blender or stick blender, cause I like froth on top)
                  Sprinkle with a really good cinnamon, spike as needed!
                  Makes 1 serving of nog.
                  Nutritional information per serving (with cream/Almond milk): Calories: 500, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 53g, now if you want to make this an everyday treat and not a fat bomb, you can "cheaper" substitutes for the milk, ie. all almond milk or all coconut milk or half and half of each of these, or well you get the idea.

I will keep looking to see if I can find the one I am thinking of, but this one seems nice and easy!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Isn't that always the way, as soon as I give up looking I remember where it was...

Almond Milk Eggnog and a Holiday Shortbread Giveaway! | All Day I Dream About Food
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Thanks Chris.. got it pinned it
                      Karin

Comment

• Today's food:

B: 3 egg scramble with mushrooms, onions, a slice of cheese and a little sausage. Coffee with cream of course and a banana complete it.
                        L: bacon wrapped chicken livers (leftovers) with bbq sauce and apple&celery salad and a couple sweet cherry peppers
                        S: banana and coffee with cream (I even photographed the banana)
                        D: Acorn squash with basil and garlic meatballs and parmesan
                        S: glass of nog (I photographed it- its the last of the store bought. Making homemade next time.)

PB010003.jpgPB020004.jpgPB020003.jpgPB020005.jpgPB020007.jpg
                        Karin

Comment

• Yum, a small suggestion, trade out one of your nanas for a veggie (pumpkin latte would work for a snack)
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Good point. Its the first time I have had bananas in months. I can do a pumpkin latte next time.. that sounds good.
                            Karin

Comment

• Now I want eggnog!!! I think an eggnog smoothie is in order, soon, huh?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree Ruth!!

Ok last night I battled a headache. My body (or my head)was telling me, you need to eat more. Sooooo.. I did. I rolled some munster cheese in ham and nuked it and had a cup of decaf and cream. I honestly felt better afterwards as the headache lessened.

PB020002.jpg
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X