The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    The health food store down the road has 14% fat yogurt. It has a cream top- incredible!
    Seriously???? That is totally bad ass!
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
      Seriously???? That is totally bad ass!
      Its eye-rolling-back-in-your-head good. However, it is not greek.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Today's stats:

Calories 1670
        Fat: 120 g (should be @ 93g so a bit high)
        Carbs: 20g (should be @ 50g so a bit low)
        Protein: 120g (should be @ 170g also a bit low)

craaaaap! I feel like I am cooking a recipe I can not get right. Had a late meeting so did not get the dang firewood moved.. ah well, there is always the weekend. its a 3 dayer this weekend.. whoohoo.
        So what foods got you to this? I am finding that to raise protein without raising the fat percentage too high that at least one of my protein sources (usually salmon at lunch) ends up being a fish. Chicken would probably be a good one as well. My breakfast source is usually heavily whey. (by the way I just saw an article that says there is now research to support Whey as a weight loss tool...Whey Protein but Not Soy Protein Supplementation Alters Body Weight and Composition in Free-Living Overweight and Obese Adults and here it is in more easily read EnglishWheytloss, Weightloss - Healthy Living How To..

Anyway, I still like my protein to be beef generally. Actually, I pretty much have the same breakfast and same lunch everyday and get my variety at dinner. This is something I picked up from my 2 extremely skinny ("naturally" ie. no diets ever and little 'exercise" just movement).
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          So what foods got you to this?
          Here is the breakdown for 10/26. I am also up on the scale.. but I did take my diuretic this morning so I figure maybe in a couple of days I should have an accurate scale reading.
          http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1026_foods.pdf
          Karin

Comment

• Ok so today I was awake at 3:30a. My brain feels like mush and I am forgetting important things like.. that today is THURSDAY not FRIDAY which makes a difference in regards to schedules. Arg!

Conferences all day today- I brought my food and am staying out of the lounge as I hear they have spread chocolate candy bars all over the tables in there (pirates!)

B: 2 eggs with 1 slice bacon and green Chile, 1 c full fat yogurt, coffee with cream
            L: Ham or tuna and peas
            D: Probably ham and or cottage cheese and grapefruit (I don't know TBD)
            Karin

Comment

• that fatsecret.com page is cool!

Ok so I forget who is doing what so correct me if you are stopping something I have suggested...

What if you put a scoop of whey into your breakfast yogurt? It would increase your protein by about 25g without increasing your fat content.

The ham at lunch may be causing issues with your water weight (depends on sodium I guess) especially in conjunction with not having your diuretic for a few days. Also, could you eat the ham with mustard instead of mayo?

and wow, you get a lot of protein for not much fat with chicken livers! Never had em, how do you cook them?

So some things that I changed...

I made sure I was doing either a fruit (basically blueberries) or at least one veggie to try and bring up my carbs a bit. At lunch I got some of the pre-shredded cabbage and put it under my canned salmon (it is from Trader Joe's and is wild caught, lots of protein not much fat). At dinner I try to do a salad as well as 1 or 2 roasted veggies.... just some thoughts.

I also ordered a food scale yesterday, should come by mid-week. always wanted one, figured now is as good a time as any.

hate not getting enough sleep, messes with the brain and the food issues, good luck, any chance of a nap today?
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I like the fat secret program. Its on my phone and it emails my results to me to track. Not bad for a free app.

I like the idea of putting the protein powder into my yogurt. I am going to try this tomorrow. I still have some egg white protein and when its gone, I will dig into the whey that I have.

I do think your right about the ham and the lack of diruetic. I have noticed a difference so far taking it today. In a couple of days I should be back to my new normal- hopefully. So, today instead of ham I had a can of tuna with my peas. Back pre-primal, a favorite salad of mine had pasta, tuna and peas so.. minus the pasta it was good.

I need to just drop mayo. I do not really eat it often but I do like it. I think now might be a good time to experiment with various mustards.

Chicken livers! LOVE THEM! I do not eat beef liver but understand they are much milder. I wrap them in bacon and bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. They should be firm and a little light pink inside is fine. So good! Those I do like with mustard as well. I have also made a primal bbq sauce for them (but not lately as tomatoes are not friendly to me).

I am glad your getting a food scale. I love mine and find it SO USEFUL!

As for a nap.. not a chance. Conferences until 8pm tonight. The good thing is that I have some gaps in my schedule I can kick back a little but the gaps are not so big I can snooze. As for lack of sleep messing with the brain, I forgot to give my DD her meds this morning, figured with conferences I had time to go get them before school because she had "late start". Well.. late start is Friday, and today is Thursday. Totally threw me for a loop this morning. I am drinking coffee though, alternating caffeine vs decaf to get through the day/afternoon/evening.
                Karin

Comment

• Well.. just had dinner and I think today was a much better food day

http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1027_foods.pdf

I was over 5g in carbs but under a little in fat and well.. under in protein but not horrible. Oh and just right with calories!

Chris I think your right in that I need to eat fish once per day. it is high in protein and gives more bang for the buck. I am working in incorporating more veggies. After staunchly doing 20g for so long, going to 50g take some doing to not go over.
                  Karin

Comment

Well.. just had dinner and I think today was a much better food day

http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1027_foods.pdf

I was over 5g in carbs but under a little in fat and well.. under in protein but not horrible. Oh and just right with calories!

Chris I think your right in that I need to eat fish once per day. it is high in protein and gives more bang for the buck. I am working in incorporating more veggies. After staunchly doing 20g for so long, going to 50g take some doing to not go over.
                    you can even eat more carbs up to 90 or so and still get very good weight loss.

Don't be a carbophobe like I was. It does work for a while, but you feel miserable and cranky.
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• True but I am not NEAR as cranky as I was when I restricted myself to 20g/day of carbs! LOL
                      Karin

Comment

• I agree that it has been hard to add carbs back after going vlc for so long. I forgot that I also add a whole small avocado to my lunch so that helps with the carbs and healthy fat as well as keeping me from having muscle cramps in my calves-potassium i'm guessing.

Yep that food diary looks like it has a nice split of the macronutrients and nicely spread out too. If you had just had the protein powder in the morning yogurt you would have had an almost perfect split of protein too. And 160g of protein gets you very close to what you want, so I think you are figuring it out. But yea, I ended up making sure I had at least one fruit or veggies at every meal, and not doing the same one twice in a day. I think nutrient wise that variety is important.

You are definitely headed in the right direction!

Hope today is an easier day than yesterday!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I have been thru breakfast and lunch so far and my stats are: 1400c 27g net carbs, 74g fat, 148g of protein. I need to be cautious of dinner which is just as well as I have always felt that dinner should be lighter than the rest of the day. I figure for dinner I will have some salmon cakes and we bought the most gorgeous exotic squashes, so will have 1/2 of one of those as they are not overly large.

Today my district does not have school so kickin back a bit and am going to craft in a bit.
                          Karin

Comment

• that looks great, heck you should be able to go even 500 cals. and still fit right? and salmon and squash will give you the macro's you need. fantastic! and no kids to boot, sounds like a great day!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• today's food:

http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1028_foods.pdf

break down:

craaaaap

calories: 1906-OVER
                              carbs:47g on the money
                              fat: 95g on the money
                              protein: 205 on the money but could have made better choices
                              Karin

Comment

today's food:

http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1028_foods.pdf

break down:

craaaaap

calories: 1906-OVER
                                carbs:47g on the money
                                fat: 95g on the money
                                protein: 205 on the money but could have made better choices
                                Stop with the whole putting yourself down thing.

You clearly made a caloric deficit here and will lose weight, albeit slower, but slower means MORE PERMANENT fat loss.

Start listening to your body instead of telling it what numbers it needs to make. My best weight loss was on weeks where I ate more btw...
                                Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                                Follow me on google+
                                Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                                "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

Working...
                                X