No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update: so this week was tough and yesterday about killed me. I took today off to rest as the pain was unrelenting. I called the doc to ask if I could get some pain meds or I could start leave early. The verdict came back that surgery has been moved up. My pre-op appt is Monday, my bowel cleanse is Tuesday and surgery is Wed. 9/26. While I am happy I do not have to wait, I am also like.. crap.. the house is not ready!!! grrr...

As to what I am eating?? At this time, whatever I want. To be honest though, the only thing that hits the spot is creamed soups. That should tell you how I am feeling.. I am so not a soup person..

Lesson plans are done.. I just will go up to school this weekend and set everything out and get it ready for the sub for the next 2-4 weeks.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Karin, I'm praying for you. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest! [Wish I lived closer and could come help]
      -- Ruth

Comment

• What the heck are you worrying about the house being ready for, girl. Let go of the little stuff, and make sure to laugh daily, truly PMA (positive mental attitude) has a restorative effect on health. And I suspect getting rid of pain has a restorative effect on PMA! Prayin for ya.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Karin, Thinking of you this week. Chris is right, take care of yourself. Home and school will survive without you. We are here if you need to vent.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I went up to school yesterday to finalize things for the sub.

Here is a vent: I have kept my team in the loop about the surgery move. I got everything ready for the field trip this wed. I have got NOTHING, not so much as an email from any of them. Yes, I had one pissy day at work last week... but really??? Trying not to let my feelings be hurt. My principal seems pissy because I am not working up to the day of my surgery (Wed.). WTF? I would like to see how much he would work with a softball size cyst on his prostrate.

Ladies.. the house is a mess and I live with a house messer.. I am trying not to let it bother me but UGH! My mother is coming to stay with me post surgery but she does not do things like I do. OMG.. I am a control freak!

Todays goals: Fold and put away the mounds of clean laundry. See, I can get the laundry done and through the dryer and then poop out and am left with mountains of clean laundry.

Thank you for the prayers and encouragement. 3 days until the castle! BTW.. hyster sisters web site has been SO HELPFUL regarding planning and preparing for this. Make a note.. FYI. http://www.hystersisters.com
            Last edited by athomeontherange; 09-23-2012, 08:07 AM.
            Karin

Comment

• Co-workers are tough. Try to not let 'em get to you (although I know that is hard)!

At least you will have some help during this time. Try to go easy on your mom, even though she doesn't do it how you do, she's there to help you because she loves you. As long as she doesn't destroy anything or burn the house down, you will be able to get back to your own standards soon enough.

Praying for you, the doctor, and everyone involved.

Comment

• My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Doctors today.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• thinking about ya.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• thank you. My surgery is scheduled at 11:30 tomorrow morning so checking into the hospital at 9:30am. I should just be there the one night.

Thank you all so much for your support!
                    Karin

Comment

• Ooops, well my prayers and thoughts are with you today during the cleanse. LOL AND tomorrow for surgery.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Karin, I hope that your post-op from your hysterectomy goes as easily as mine did. Massive fibroid tumors, uterus the size of a 20 week pregnancy. I had NO post surgical pain other than in the shoulders where the gas from inflating my abdomen made its presence known. No pain from the incisions, no abdominal pain at all. Spent most of the day after the surgery cruising the halls at the hospital and felt fine after two days at home. All I can attribute it to is the way I am eating now.
                        BTW, when they tell you not to lift over ten pounds for six weeks, listen to them! They may or may not tell you that it is so the incisions in your abdomen do not get ripped out. Personally, I think that is something a patient should be told!

I'll be thinking of you.
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• thoughts and prayers with you today!!!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Praying for an easy surgery and a quick recovery.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• The word of the day is: Benign

I am home and resting in my own bed.
                              Karin

Comment

• Excellent news!
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X