Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUTGW-Keep up the good work!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The whey is helping me to reach my protein goals (175g to 200g a day). In the long run (ie. once I reach my body goals) I won't need as much protein and I will just drop the whey and will be pretty much where I need to be protein wise at the much lower weight.

Mason jar is a great idea, except that I actually fill my blender, I don't have a mason jar that big.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• afternoon smoothie:

cm, herbal tea, fresh peach, 1/2 cuke, frozen carrots, frozen strawberries. Pretty good.. I am thinking lots of fiber here...

so f/v tally so far for today : 6
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Evening smoothie..mint green tea, plum, cm and strawberries. The mint made it weird
          Karin

Comment

• Well.. 3 smoothies in yesterday with a total of 8 fruits and veggies. This is a triumph for me because many times I have 1 maybe 2, some days none. I even got a nap in yesterday (may have been a downfall) and pinched something in my back that even a flexerill did not help. Taking something stronger to know me out tonight because I slept like crap. Pain every time I moved. The shower before bed did not even help. Ok.. so.. could not sleep last night. 10pm, awake; 11pm, awake; 11:30pm, awake with pretzels. I had been thinking about then for an hour and a half. So what was the trigger?? Not sure. The nap? possibly but I just dozed off and on. The pain in my back? Possibly. In the past pain has been a cue to eat. Its that self medicating comfort.

Giving it a go again today though. Now off to make my smoothie.
            Karin

Comment

• I am not a lover of mint, I think its flavor tends to over power. Congrats on getting in so many fruits and veggies. My suggestion would be to slowly cut down on the fruits (maybe as their summer seasons end) and replace them with a non-starchy veggie. There is a lot of sugar in fruit. When I was pregnant with my first I ate virtually nothing but fruit and dairy as that was what I craved. I gained 75 pound with that pregnancy. It is harder to over eat non-starchy veggies than fruit.

Lack of sleep is going to sabotage you every time.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks Chris. At the moment I am trying to finish off the fresh fruit I have before it goes bad. However, I have discovered that I like frozen green beans in smoothies. Green beans have a mild taste so I figured it would be mild in a smoothie as well. I was right. While fresh spinach and such would be preferable. I am going with what I have on hand at the moment. There was a sale on frozen veggies at the small town grocers this week.. guess what I stocked up on

This mornings smoothie was a scoop of egg white choc protein, caramel coffee, CM and frozen green beans. It actually tasted good. I am becoming less and less apprehensive about adding about any frozen veggie and more adventuresome.

On a side note I was visiting with my mom and sharing how I have no desire to eat raw veggies or even cook them and eat them but throwing them in a smoothie fixes or rather, is fixing the problem.
                Karin

Comment

• I use frozen veggies and fruit for my smoothies except for the orange I use in the breakfast one. I use fresh (obviously) for my BAS, and I don't care for most frozen in anything but the smoothie.

I made a frittata the other day, with fresh, and it was mushroom, onions, pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, 2 eggs and 1/2C egg whites. I sprinkled just a bit of Parmesan on top and put it under the broiler to lightly brown the cheese, yummy! had a small side salad.

I will have to try the green beans, it is not one I tend to get. I actually think the frozen have a milder taste and therefore work very well in smoothies, it also negates the need to add ice, which I think makes the smoothies taste watery.

I like raw veggies and I still don't get 10 veggies in generally unless I do the smoothies. And I love the smoothies, so that works out just fine.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• touching base:

so I have been entering todays food in fitbit. I am working on the SANE eating and reading lots in between chores.

Daily Totals
                    Calories
                    Fat
                    30 g
                    Fiber
                    7.5 g
                    Carbs
                    38.4 g
                    Sodium
                    458.1 mg
                    Protein
                    88.8 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 20% from carbs, 34% from fat and 46% from protein.

I just had a fruit and veg smoothie (peach, cuke, green beans, cm, tea) at lunch- no protein. I need to figure out whats for dinner.
                    Last edited by athomeontherange; 09-02-2012, 12:50 PM.
                    Karin

Comment

• your fiber seems low, did it not give you fiber for one of your veggies?

I shoot for between 175 and 200g of protein, about half of that number of carbs- so between 80 and 100g of carb, and about the same in fat-between 80 and 100g of fat. I usually end up with about 30g of fiber and between 1600 and 2000 calories.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I think they are just low fiber veggies and fruits
                        Karin

Comment

• ah, avocado is nice and high and it is great in a smoothie
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• My goal was to have a SANE day. (I have been reading) I would think being home and being able to control more would be to my advantage. Sorry to say, I was not so sane. A bit of grain and a bit of sugar.. here are the daily stats:

Daily Totals
                            Calories
                            Fat
                            67.4 g
                            Fiber
                            13.5 g
                            Carbs
                            180.9 g
                            Protein
                            150.1 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 37% from carbs, 32% from fat and 31% from protein.

OK.. If I understand, its not so much the calories (although they do play a roll) as to having the right percentage of micros. It looks like this food plate is pretty even. I figure my fiber as being low due to the fresh veggies and fruit being low fiber ones. I had a count today of: 9 Not too shabby even if the fiber count is low. My GI track is just fine and dandy though regardless of the low number. Shooting for a better SANE day tomorrow.
                            Karin

Comment

• My goal was to have a SANE day. (I have been reading) I would think being home and being able to control more would be to my advantage. Sorry to say, I was not so sane. A bit of grain and a bit of sugar.. here are the daily stats:

Daily Totals
                              Calories
                              Fat
                              67.4 g
                              Fiber
                              13.5 g
                              Carbs
                              180.9 g
                              Protein
                              150.1 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 37% from carbs, 32% from fat and 31% from protein.

OK.. If I understand, its not so much the calories (although they do play a roll) as to having the right percentage of micros. It looks like this food plate is pretty even. I figure my fiber as being low due to the fresh veggies and fruit being low fiber ones. I had a count today of: 9 Not too shabby even if the fiber count is low. My GI track is just fine and dandy though regardless of the low number. Shooting for a better SANE day tomorrow.
                              Karin

Comment

• Your stats look pretty good, and 9 veggies and fruits is fantastic. I think that he suggests you shoot for close to a 30/30/30 split so you hit it (I shoot for a 20% carb/40%fat/40%protein mix). I think you will do better fiber wise, once you reduce the fruit and substitute it for the veggies. Essentially you should shoot for 10 veggies and no more than 2 fruits. I have stopped tracking on myfitnesspal but still track my food in my journal on here. It helps me (now that I tracked for a month and tweaked to get to the percentages I wanted) to stay focused without obsessing about the macros.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X