No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Sounds like a tiring day. I like my volunteer activities, but they can wear me out...and I don't have to watch kids!!!

Good going on the big breakfast. That's my general plan as well when I'm unsure about lunch. [Well, actually, I do better with a big breakfast most of the time. I can face almost anything if I have a good breakfast!!!!]
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh I would not like to clean with kids. it doesn't even work well in my own home. lol
      Glad you are formulating a new plan.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Glad you are getting back into the habit of tracking!

I am with Paula on this one, cleaning with kids, eeeee. Good luck!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well it was not bad. 6 squirrely kids but it could have been worse. We detailed the van for the senior citizens, picked up trash around the building and then they gave the kids ice cream from their ice cream parlor. Ok.. THAT is where I am retiring.. they have an actual ice cream parlor! I was right, it was a no go on the lunch. Other groups had to be covered when we got back. However.. I wore my fitbit and at noon these are my stats:

5670 steps
          15 floors climbed- equivalent.. I did not stairs but walked up and down landscaping
          2.44 miles covered

LOL!! Holy cow!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Wow great exercise. I'm glad it was not horrible.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• and.. then a teacher brought McDonalds for a late lunch.. and on the day I start tracking. I call today a dry run.
              Karin

Comment

• she brought it to share, or just teased you with it. I tell you the smell of that stuff is a serious draw, luckily I remember (mostly) how bad it makes me feel. Although while on this last vaca with DS we stopped at Sonic because I had to have one of the Chicago dogs. The good news is I have had it and I am done with the obsession. The bad news is that it was not worth an obsession. Or maybe that is good news too?
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• it was to share.. and I confess, it has been over a year since I have had a quarter pounder with cheese (my fav), I KNOW its not good for me, I KNOW I will have gut issues around say.. 4pm but wow. I hear you on the chicago dogs though.. those are a FAVORITE of mine as well though I have not had one since last summer.. well maybe sooner, I made it myself sans bun.

OH!! So yesterday I was in training all day for the new laptops we were given right? I come back today and what is sitting on my desk?? a very pretty apple decorated sugar cookie and a HUGE wrapped package of cookies for teachers appreciation. Its a conspiracy I tell you.. cookies.. weakness.. OMG!!!
                  Karin

Comment

• Yesterday after my Spanish food parties, I also passed up the cookies and chocolate at the faculty meeting.

Lest you think that I am Miss Perfect...I confess that I did not turn down the pint of ice cream my husband offered me at 9pm.
                    So a 1400 calorie day turned quickly to 2500. Then I wished I had just eaten everything I was offered the whole day.
                    Poop!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• My daughter has a sweet tooth (as does my hubby), and now that she is home from school, she is either making or asking me to make something almost every day. Mostly I am able to resist. But yesterday I caved for the homemade bread. I had the 2 end pieces with kerrygold butter and enjoyed every single second of it!

Tomorrow is her birthday and she gets cheesecake for that every year. This year I made homemade cream cheese and homemade sour cream for the recipe. I am going to make it in ramekins instead of a big pan. No crust. Blueberry Cavier (basically very low sugar blueberry sauce) to drizzle over the whipped cream and a mixture of toasted almonds and pecans to sprinkle on top.

The beauty of the ramekins, there is no need to fix the edge, then the other edge, oh rats now they aren't even, oh crap I ate the rest of it.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

The beauty of the ramekins, there is no need to fix the edge, then the other edge, oh rats now they aren't even, oh crap I ate the rest of it.
                        nice! I love ramekins!

Lily has a friend spending the night because I am taking both girls to a hot air balloon festival tomorrow so the cookies will be appreciated I am sure!
                        Karin

Comment

• ahh, good for you!

Unfortunately the ramekins did not help to keep me out of the the frosting I just put on a cake meant for a fund raiser.

The kid's youth group is raising money to build better houses for their 'adopted' families in Guatemala. Many of the houses were destroyed in a flood that happened at about the same time that we (in Nashville) had our flood, so the kids feel a kinship. So I agreed to bake and decorate a cake and make a batch of cake balls, so they can wrap them tomorrow for resale on Mother's day (they only do this once a year). So those on top of the cheesecake. thinking there is only so much will power in one person's body. No guilt just lots of water, and a faster treadmill walk tomorrow!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• There are a few advantages to be gluten/dairy intolerant...I can't (literally) eat stuff like McDonald's anymore. Of course, I've managed to find plenty of other indulgent....

Anything fun for the weekend?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Yesterday took my daughter and her friend to a little hot air balloon festival in Anthony, KS. The weather was not right for the balloons and I think this was the first festival. I look forward to seeing what changes they make next year. The kids loved doing the F-4 flight simulator and the rides were cheap $1 per kid per ride. The music was good and they had some give aways which is always nice. I won a first aid kit. LOL How did they know I needed one? Especially since I never won anything.

I think the big win though was lunch. We packed a picnic lunch (ham-from a ham butt we cooked, cheese, hard boiled eggs, pickles, apples, chips and uncrustables for the kids and then the condiments of mayo and mustard. It was not a bad lunch at all! In fact, as folks were walking by they were eyeing and commenting about how good it looked and where they can get some. LOL So many vendor temptations, some that looked fairly healthy, some not. Lots of bbq, burgers, brats, roasted corn etc. We did indulge in some homemade ice cream (which was awesome). Then taking the friend back to her parents we met at cracker barrel for dinner. I love that place. I was KINDA good.. had me a biscuit because wow.. they are just so fluffy! BTW.. their rainbow trout was fabu! I did not intend for this entry to be all about food but food tends to be out obsession which is why we are overweight, no?

The sunburn is starting to itch and I still have raw spots. FYI.. if you get a sunburn and its raw, use bag balm. I kid you not. It smells bad (disinfectant bad) and is greasy but it stops the tender feeling. FYI, bag balm is used for sore udders in cows for you city folks. Yes I feel a but greasy with it on but better that than feeling pain. It was hard to move my arms because the skin was stressed and tight. No matter what I used before it did nothing. This stuff solved that problem.

So Happy Mothers Day to my friends who are mothers to children and or pets! I hope you have a great day! The agenda for myself is to go weed-eat my mom's yard (mowed it last week) and then bbq some pork ribs after we make it to church (hopefully). I am up writing this at 2am and this does not bode well.

Why am I hungry?? Stomach shut up!
                              Karin

Comment

• Yesterday sounds fun. Homemade ice cream...yum...

I thought you were up awful early. Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Have a wonderful day!!!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X