No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like that sunburn is really doing you in. I get really sick when I burn like that and blisters are a big sign that you've done yourself in. Get all the rest you can to heal and definitely take some extra B and C, and of course D3. Stay out of the sun for the next week and be sure to protect the blistered area (shoulders?) for the rest of the summer. Solarcane (spray on) usually made me feel better as it has lidocane to help with the pain. Sending feel better vibes...

Comment

• Well, I will be glad when the burn is gone and does not wake me up for attention in the night. I have had to pull back my hair into a braid so it does not 1) get goop in it and 2) does not irritate my shoulders.

I am looking forward to payday so I can go grocery shopping again to get fresh stuff (fruits and veggies). My refrigerator is looking pretty bare.

Last night I had the brisket, carrots, celery and some canned peaches in juice. Then.. I had popcorn. I keep thinking is it really so bad?? I know it is.. and I seldom crave it during the year but I am now.

Lunch today is some hamburgers and the veggies quazi-lasagna leftovers, though I forgot the sauce.

16 days left... or rather, @ 11 school days..

On a side note: I hate tracking, I know its important but its such a pain in the ass and I feel makes me obsessive about food which is also not healthy. Where is the balance?
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I only track about once a week or when I eat something different. My breakfast is usually one of two choices. Lunch and dinner are meat veg & carb usually in the same amounts. Very simple. I have it saved on fitday so I just check it off from my master list.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin - how's the sunburn doing? Sorry to hear about your struggles...will try to catch up with my internet friends soon!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth.. I am blistering. I slept better last night though.
            Karin

Comment

• The more you track the less of a PITA it is. Every tracker I have ever used stores your most used foods, and I tend to stay in a pretty narrow range of foods. I am like Paula, in that I tend to eat the same breakfast (a smoothie) and lunch (a tuna waldorf salad is my current favorite) and the same basic building blocks for dinner (protein, veggie, BAS). This not only makes it easy to track, it also keeps me closer to the path.

p.s. I got my fitbit yesterday, fun stuff.

p.p.s. if you are still in pain from your sunburn, I am thinking that you got a way serious burn (how is that for medical terminology), like second degree (?)-can't remember what they actually call it. Anyway, even if you were getting good sleep that kind of burn will sap your energy, body is trying to heal itself.
              Last edited by demuralist; 05-09-2012, 06:01 AM. Reason: add p.p.s.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris: yeah for the fit bit.. I love it. I am not longer tracking sleep as these days I pretty much sleep like a log. But when sleep becomes a problem, there is the tool to try and pinpoint.

As for the sunburn.. I started peeling this morning, while showering. So, I just took off what I thought came easy and naturally.. RAW.. its RAW under and burns like hell!

Eating on track today but not tracking yet.
                Karin

Comment

• Man that must have been some kind of sunburn girlie girl.

I will probably track for a while, it is no big deal to do it, and I have just added it to my night time routine to hook it up. I want to see how it affects my eating and weight.

It is a fun little tool.

ok, don't you have an app on your phone for tracking food?
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• not anymore... I downsized my phone I do have an app on my kindle to use though when I am connected to the internet.
                    Karin

Comment

• There's always the notebook method. Sometimes I just jot down what I'm not eating (no quantities or calories). It usually becomes clear where my problems are...
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• ahh, I am almost always near enough a computer that I can track. I usually put in what I think I will eat for the next meal, then after I finish eating I alter it if I need to. This allows me to make better choices if necessary.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I work on a computer most days, so it's also usually (too) easy for me
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• confession: I just downloaded the pics from Lilys 10th birthday to FB and I confess I cropped my fat ass out of most of them. The heat has begun and with it the swelling.. craaaaaap

I am working on a plan.. to be posted soon I promise. I have got to get my act together!
                            Karin

Comment

• ooo, love to hear what others do to turn things around! Can't wait.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Still working on mapping my plan.. almost there. I am letting it stew a bit before jumping so I can tweak.

Ok.. started tracking this morning. Today is a busy day at work. It is community service day which means all staff takes groups of students out into the community to help out the local establishments, parks etc. While the thought behind this is good, the teachers are less than thrilled with picking up trash with kids etc. There is a laundry list of complaints and we are with the kids literally the whole day and no break. My group is headed to a nursing home to "clean inside and clean the vans". Umm ok. Its an unstructured day which is my issue. Can you say OCD?

So since I may not have lunch I started with protein this morning.. 4 eggs, coffee with heavy whipping cream.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X