Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a great weekend!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• So tired, in a good way. One more day of this "OMG energy" I've got going on and then I think I'll hike a really tall mountain just to relax a bit. I cannot remember everything I did today but it used a lot of muscles and a lot of energy. I think I'll start off nice and slow tomorrow and get everything watered before my play day.

Can I get a cheerleader or two? The scale shows my weight up four pounds but I can get into and comfortably zip a pair of pants that just last week did not work for me. Yet another example that the scale does not tell the whole story.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Cheers! Wooooo! Go honeybuns!
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Yea!!!!

I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I am really looking forward to tomorrow's hike. We've hit the weather window just right. Mostly sunny so we should have some fantastic views all the way up and from the summit. Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to snow up there so we are very blessed with the day we chose to hike. 6000'+ summit, here I come!

Remember the camera, remember the camera, remember the camera.............check for the SD card and fresh battery!!

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              I am really looking forward to tomorrow's hike. We've hit the weather window just right. Mostly sunny so we should have some fantastic views all the way up and from the summit. Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to snow up there so we are very blessed with the day we chose to hike. 6000'+ summit, here I come!

Remember the camera, remember the camera, remember the camera.............check for the SD card and fresh battery!!
              OOOOOHHHHHH .... post pictures !
              Have a great time !
              Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Yeah for the great fitting pants! I'm sure every ounce of that little gain is pure muscle. Looking forward to some pics!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Pants are SO much better than the scale. Congratulations.

It IS frustrating being the friend who always seems to make the effort, but I think most relationships are like that, unbalanced in some ways. I just got my first friend who (seems like to me) is the one who is more diligent about our friendship. I have to say, it feels great to be the one being called. I try to keep it balanced, but at least now I know how I make all my other friends feel, when it is me making the effort. There's something to be said for that, too. Being the bringer of joy, rather than the receiver.

Comment

• This is the view that greeted us on the way to the trailhead. We were excited that we'd have a nice day to summit in.

Comment

• wow............ how long was the hike ???? a 6000 ft gain in elevation intimidates the heck out of me.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Trailhead was at 3200' and the summit was 6250' so we only gained 3000' in elevation over three miles. I wish I had never read the sign that said that 2 1/2 miles of switchbacks were a 20% grade!

Sunny at the bottom, freezing fog and snowfields at the top with visibility less than ten feet! More pictures soon.

I was very pleased with how my body performed. My muscles worked well, my energy was level and constant and, in spite of the hard work, my scale was down a couple pounds this morning. In the past it would have shot up 5 pounds.

For trail food I took a coconut milk banana smoothie, dry italian salami, hard bolied eggs and nut based trail mix. My hiking partner had two bananas, a sandwich and some grapes. Mine.....fat, protein and fat, fat and protein, protein, fat, protein and a bit of natural sugar from dried fruit. Hers........sugar, sugar, wheat and a little protein. Hmm...while she is eating real food I don't think she qute has it figured out yet.

No muscle soreness today AT ALL. Surprising!

Comment

• ............... I'm in awe...............
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                            ............... I'm in awe...............
                            It makes me happy.

Comment

• Kicking back midway through the hike. Butters belongs to my hiking partner and that little dog was a trooper. First time in a pack and loved it!

Comment

• Oh, yeah, I'm happy for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X