No announcement yet.

Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a really good scramble for breakfast this morning. KISS principle applies.

Red pepper, swiss chard and shallots with bratwurst. I am starting to think that fewer flavors are better, but this morning is because I need to go shopping. Out of mushrooms, out of tomatoes, almost out of eggs.

Dinner last night was pretty tasty. I had some boneless pork in the freezer so I cubed it up and seared it with garlic and onion and simmeree it for a couple of hours with diced tomatoes and turkey gravy leftovers. It made a yummy stew and very good flavor with the right herbs.

Tonight's dinner TBD, but I did learn yesterday that a smoothie of almond milk, heavy cream and frozen strawberries with a teaspoon of cashew butter is a very good and filling lunch!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Third day post injection and I think some of the side effects are starting to present themselves. I woke up with a low grade headache and doom and gloom thoughts. One of the side effects is suicidal depression which, thankfully, I did not have last time. I'm hoping to avoid that, the balance problems, the forgetfulness, the rages, the lack of energy.............c'mon primal living! Be there for me this time!

We are way overdue for an RPR so I think we'll head into the hills this morning after replenishing the larder. Get my Forest Fix before I can't.

Comment

Ugh, that doesn't sound like fun. Hope you feel better from your shot soon.
        My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

The RPR restored my soul. Now I just feel sweaty instead of grumpy. We munched on little wild blackberries, found a huge stump that a bear was digging into for the grubs, found a little tiny critter skeleton, went way down into the ravines and back up again and all in all had a smashing time. Shower time and when I feel like a girl again I'll head to town. What new meat shall I try from the butcher shop today??

Comment

Up five pounds in three days.

Major Bummer.

Comment

Today has been almost a total waste. The low energy side effect has presented itself along with the freezing feeling side effect. In spite of laying around a lot bundled up in blankets I have managed to pick 6 cups of blueberries (although it did take me many tries and four hours), do two loads of laundry and cook breakfast. I will now attempt to unload the dishwasher and make a pie without totally wiping out.

Thank goodness for leftovers.

Comment

The Sour Cream Apple Pie was a total success but now I'll have to find a way to primalize it. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream and i know I can use almond flour instead of wheat flour, but what substitute could you use for sugar? It is in both the pie and the topping.

Now I have gone from freezing cold to roasting hot just in time for bed. Oh, it is going to be an interesting three months.

RPR tomorrow come hell or high water. I may be crawling it but I will be doing it! Just try and stop me. I dare you.

Comment

I know it is early days yet, but the side effects do not seem as dramatic this time around. Last time at this point I could not get off the couch due to drastically decreased energy levels. I was able to do a three hour RPR yesterday with only a few lack of energy slowdowns (and I didn't have to crawl!). We had a blast eating the little wild blackberries and red huckleberries. I did leave plenty for the bears. I stood at one point and in a 360 pivot saw the Olympics, Mt Rainier, the Chehalis river and Grays Harbor without ever leaving the spot. Pretty cool.

I'm thinking that I need to incorporate a higher percentage of protein to my diet. I have mornings dialed in. Dinners are okay but maybe not enough. The problem with feeling full is whether or not one is eatine ENOUGH. Have to work on that.

The five pounds I gained have mostly disappeared. Measurements, measurements, measurements. A much truer indicator of what is happening.

Comment

It is becoming clear to me that I need to stay away from sharp knives for the next three months. Already this morning I have almost sliced my finger a few times and succeeded once! So not like me.

Comment

Just read your last few posts and it sounds like you're on a fine journey - good work. I'll check in and say hi every now and then.

It sounds like your injection has some nasty side effects, just remember that they will subside soon enough and don't worry too much about the weight fluctuations, a lot of that is just water/salt retention (I find my weight can change +/- 3 pounds a day). As for eating enough or not, just listen to your body, the primal diet allows our body to tell us what it needs.
                      Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

JpGrok Journal

Comment

It appears that this way of eating has made a big difference with the side effects. By this time the last time around my energy had tanked, i was forgetting everything, had almost constant nausea and was a raging bitch. So far all i have noticed is slightly decreased energy from time to time of short duration and a little nausea yesterday for a brief period. It is so good to feel like me this time around!!

TODAY'S SCORE

I went to my favorite local farmstand to replenish the veggies i have run out of. Not only did I end up with one of the discount boxes of mixed stuff in addition to what I was purchasing but they had a discounted box of peaches. Not only that but as the owner was helping me put them in the car he gave me another box for free because I am such a good customer.

Here is what I got.
                        2 cucumbers, 19 onions, 11 red peppers, 2 lime, 25 tomatoes,1 green pepper, 4 yellow peppers, 1# strawberries, 10 pears, 6 apples, 110 nectarines and 16 peaches. All of this for SIX DOLLARS!! Between the freezer and dehydrator, I will be busy today!

Comment

Just a bit premature on feeling like me this time around. I felt great this morning, feel like caca right now. I am going for a sixteen mile hike tomorrow regardless!

Comment

Good luck on your hike and congratulations on scoring all those fruit and vegetables!

I've just got back from a short hike with my 2-year old who wanted to be carried and then fell asleep - a couple of miles with a 33 pound deadweight on my back! I'm full of energy and he's still asleep in his bed. Bless.
                            Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

JpGrok Journal

Comment

I am back and I survived an eighteen mile day. Not only survived but thrived! There were only a couple instances of flagging energy from the meds and my hiking buddy said there was a dramatic difference between this hike on the meds and the other hike on meds. Eating clean makes a big difference. We walked fallen logs across the river, scrambled over landslides and through washouts, climbed big boulders (and found where we are going to celebrate my birthday) and basically got to be kids again.

Scramble this morning!! DH had to fend for himself yesterday and took the easy route. Toast for breakfast, hamburger with bun for lunch, animal crackers for a snack. He made comment last night how, eating that much food, he was still hungry and how eating the right stuff he is hardly ever hungry. YAY! He is learning!!

So far I am not feeling the post-hike slump that I usually feel the day after one of our epic jaunts. Darn. There goes my excuse to lay around on the couch all day.

Comment

Post-hike recovery day was so much better than it has ever been. Usually I am wiped out for a full day afterwards but this time I was active all day and got a lot of things done. I did lay down for a bit thinking that I would drop off but within 20 minutes I was back up and at it again. Go primal!

I'm not a great lover of corn but my husband is so I had some with my dinner last night. I wonder if that is what caused my nasal passages to slam shut later. Slept horribly badly as well.

I am off for a couple of days of camping. Lots of hiking in the area and lots of good eating back at camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X