Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
    Pray that all goes well between my friend and I. Last long trip we did together I didn't talk to her for two years afterwards.
    Confusion... How can she still be a friend when you were so put out that it took two years to get over the last road trip?? And what on earth did she do?! You are the friendliest of gals, honeybuns - it must have been a doozy, or a series of them, no less.

Totally sorry about the dairy thing - I ADORE my dairy. To live a life apart from Brie... aargh! But at least you finally have a major answer to the bloat thing - that was a long time in coming. Have a safe journey to Cali and back!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I have returned! Thirteen hours of driving down, the Nosework trial went great! Her dog took first in containers, first in interiors and first overall with a search time of only 37 seconds for all four search elements (exterior, vehicle, container and interior). To say she was beyond pleased was understating it! Yesterday was a thirteen hour drive back to her house followed by another two hour drive back home. Tired, tired, tired but my hubby and dogs are really glad to have me back!

She is, I have decided, an arm's length friend. One of those that is happy to see me as long as I am the one making the effort to stay in touch. If it weren't for my 30 year old horse being boarded at her place I might just let the friendship die a natural death but as long as he is there I have to keep that link.

Food was less than stellar and my body is letting me know it. Back on track and it will taste so good!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Glad you're trip was successful - and safe Yes, we all have those "friends" who tend to be very room temperature on the affection scale. I have some that I could easily never see again. I just made plans to meet with an old friend from high school - we're having breakfast on Friday. I haven't seen him since 1979!!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Tomi, when I reconnected with people I knew from high school it was difficult for me to match the picture in my brain with the person in front of me. In my mind they are still skinny and 17!

I had cottage cheese today, ever hopeful that I was mistaken about the dairy. Nope, not mistaken. Horribly bloated. UGH.

No coffee is going just fine. I do not miss it at all.

Comment

• have you tried taking a lactaid pill with the dairy?
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
              have you tried taking a lactaid pill with the dairy?
              It's worth a shot, isn't it? I know that Lactaid helps with digestive upset, but will it work on bloating??

Gained five pounds on the trip and have dropped four already. Noticeably more belly fat from eating crap off plan.

Comment

• I think it will -- you can try it. Do you get gassy or crampy at all - or is it strictly bloat? If so, you might have a sensitivity to something else in the milk. I think I read somewhere that some people as sensitive to casein .............. I hope I'm not totally off with that but thats whats coming to mind. read this Are You Sensitive to Casein in Dairy and Don't Even Know It? / All Body Ecology Articles and see if anything sounds like what you experience.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Spring is here and with it comes an increase in outdoor exercise while getting things accomplished. Shoveling soil, emptying cart of said soil, rake and repeat. My arm and back muscles are shaping up nicely. So much so that when I looked in the mirror after my shower yesterday I was horrified to see that I had saggy back fat behind me. It is NOT attractive in the least. I wish I knew what it is going to take to be burning fat. I haven't found the right combination yet and still haven't gotten to my pre-surgery weight and it has been 18 months. Stalling is a bitch. I would feel differently about it if I had been not eating clean (although I can tighten up a little). You would think that with dropping the high calorie HWC I would have seen a difference. Expressing my frustration right now so bear with me.

Comment

• Maybe you need to post a few typical days menu and let us pick it apart for you? Have you thought about trying the offer to have personal help through email with someone on Marks staff? I think he's calling it Personal Coaching. Might want to look into that. You certainly MOVE enough - and if your diet is "clean" the maybe you need to be tweaking the macros or maybe increasing calories a bit?

Do you track total calories and macros?
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Every time I think I'll start tracking calories and macros my brain short circuits just thinking about it. Trying to figure out My Fitness Pal made it short circuit. Honestly, I think what I should do first is keep a food journal for a month and look at where I might be slipping up. Maybe I am not eating enough food for my activity level. I highly doubt that two Triscuits can cause a three pound weight gain. It is possible that in building muscle the scale is going up. I really should put on my patient hat.

Got a big outdoor project done today. Through weeding, raking, shoveling and wheelbarrowing I have completely eliminated a big planted mound in the backyard. I managed to rescue hundreds and hundreds of bulbs and got them all planted and can let tomorrow's rain take care of them while I play hooky for a couple of days.

Comment

• Three weeks, no coffee and no wish for any. Wine is down from every night to once every couple of weeks.

Time to restart the RPR's, one dog at a time.

Comment

• RPRs ?????

good job on the beating the coffee/wine demon! Extra bacon for you!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• run, puppy, run!

Comment

• ? ok - maybe I lost something in the translation.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks, Sabine!!

Tomi, RPR's (or Run Puppy Run) is what happens when we head up into the hills for a few hours and spend time rambling in the ravines and following game trails. You didn't read all of my journal, did you? We started calling them RPR's because the dogs go banana crackers if I say HIKE. Either we spell H-I-K-E or say RPR, but they are starting to understand that, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X