No announcement yet.

Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH did the dog room hangout last night. While I didn't sleep well without him there, I did get more sleep than the previous night. Up at 5am and made him go to bed for the next three hours. Today we will start to gradually leave the room together while leaving the pup with the other dogs so he can see that it is not a big deal. Baby steps.

I put oxtails in the crockpot for 16 hours and turned them into a soup for last night's dinner. Nice, fatty soup. SO GOOD! DH didn't even notice he was eating the dreaded fat that CW says will kill you.

A friend of mine who went primal last fall and went back to CW has come back to primal/paleo after realizing she felt horrible. She's been cooking from the recipes at Wellness Mama | Health, Nutrition, Recipes, Natural Living, Fitness and her husband is raving about the dinners without realizing that he is eating healthy. I sent her a link to Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food so she could find sources of the good meats and produce farm direct. If you have never looked at that website I highly recommend it. I had no idea there were so many good suppliers literally in my backyard!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Hope it all works out for the pup, no matter where he ends up.

I've never worked with oxtails. That's next on my list. Any suggestions for a simple soup? I will probably be slow cooking them.

Wellness Mama is a really great resource. She has loads of articles and lots of information on how to get started & get your family involved.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• I put them in the crockpot with water, a few celery leaves, red and yellow pepper and onion (I had them sitting around and knew they'd add flavor). Cooked on low overnight, smells fantastic! In the afternoon I stripped the meat and fat from the bones, sort of broke it up and threw it back into the stock with a carrot, kale and some baby reds. Honestly, you could add whatever you want in the soup. It has such a nice rich flavor from the meat that anything else is just complimentary. You really could do the meat stripping the night before and put it all back in the crockpot in the morning with veggies and head off to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          DH did the dog room hangout last night... Today we will start to gradually leave the room together while leaving the pup with the other dogs so he can see that it is not a big deal. Baby steps.
          You rock!

Comment

• Thank you!!

Comment

• What a sweet, sweet boy! I am so glad DH rescued him.

Comment

• Cutie pie! Here is a pic of our new guy, now two weeks with us...

image.jpg
                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Oh my gosh, honeybuns, can you see that!?!? I actually tried to post a photo all by myself, just fooling around with the iPad, and it worked!!!
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Okay, I have to try this one more time, just to be sure it worked... And since you have been so kind with photos, here is where I live, seen from the side door and down the driveway.

image.jpg

image.jpg
                    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM. Reason: Added the same shot, just in clear sky version

Comment

• Your kitty is adorable! Good on you for successful picture posting. I knew you couyld do it!

When can I come visit?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                        Your kitty is adorable! Good on you for successful picture posting. I knew you couyld do it!

When can I come visit?!!
                        Thanks! Any time you are out this way, I will show you around!

Comment

• Down 2.2 pounds in five days. What made the difference? Drinking plenty of water, staying away from the crap, upping my fat.
                          This is good in a lot of ways.

Comment

• Interestingly enough, the more water and tea I am drinking, the worse coffee tastes. I used to have no problem drinking 5 to 7 cups a day. Now, one is plenty and the second one tastes terrible. This is a good thing because I have been trying for years to dial back my coffee consumption. I pee a lot less, too. I guess coffee really is a diuretic.

Comment

• He is one sweet and lucky boy!!

I find that one cup tastes good and then I'm done too as it loses appeal. Love your journal.

Comment

• Thank you!

I can't wait to get him out on his first RPR but he needs some meat on his bones first. I don't want to burn off what isn't there!

Pot roast on the stove, apple pie in the oven. Three dogs cuddled up to me in front of the fire. "Oh, waiter? Wine, please!"

Comment

Working...
                                X