No announcement yet.

Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is our 35th wedding anniversary. In thinking back over the years we've had our ups and downs like any relationship, but it has NEVER been boring. Worth celebrating!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
      Today is our 35th wedding anniversary. In thinking back over the years we've had our ups and downs like any relationship, but it has NEVER been boring. Worth celebrating!
      Wow! That is very cool! Congrats and have fun celebrating!
      Never argue for your limitations.

Comment

• That's wonderful! Congratulations.

When I married my husband, I told him that I couldn't promise not to annoy him, piss him off occasionally, or exasperate him... but I could certainly promise to never bore him! He tells me that, over the 13 years we've been married, I've kept that promise

Here's to the next 35 years for you!!

Comment

• Congratulations! That is inspiring!
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Yup, it has been an interesting journey for sure!

We had friends over yesterday. The last time we were with them the wife knew squat about nutrition. Oh, she knew the CW thinking and used packaged mixes, etc a lot. Since then she went to a seminar on nutrition which had doctors in attendance. Everything she was telling me about what she learned sounds like this was Paleo/Primal, including dark chocolate. Sound familiar? I am very glad that someone other than me got the point across as that way I won't be thought of as preachy.

Dinner was tasty. Steak, mashed sweet potatoes, green salad..............yum. I have chicken stock cooking in the crockpot, tomorrow is corned beef for my birthday. What am I having tonight, though?? Ah! Pork roast in the fridge! HAUL OUT THE BIGGER CROCKPOT!! Add squash or sweet potatoes and dinner takes care of itself while I sew!

Comment

• Hey Honeybuns!

Sorry I'm late, but Happy Anniversary!! Wow, 35th and happy still... Give my regards to your other half for me, and I hope you two really, really enjoyed yourselves!
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• My husband listened to me!! When I first suggested he might talk to his doctor about removing him from statin therapy he was in a "doctor knows best" frame of mind. Slowly, gently over time I told him a little bit about what I had read about the contraindications. Today, when he was at the doctor, he brought it up to them and they agreed to take him off of it with a recheck in a month. It will be interesting to see if he notices positive improvements. Also had his cholesterol checked and after almost two years of eating Primal and consuming what CW says will kill you, his numbers and ratios are the best they have ever been!

Comment

• Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.......

I am now 54. I am so much happier than I was in my twenties and feel like there is nothing holding me back from new things in life. What a wonderful feeling! I am so looking forward to the next forty plus years. My maternal grandmother is 97 so the odds of me having a long, productive life are great.

Life? Bring it on!!

Comment

• This gets better and better. If my husband hadn't asked the doctor about muscle damage from the statins, they never would have checked. Blood test showed that he does have some musculoar problems from it. Because of this, he is now going to question the need to keep him on beta-blockers. It would be fantastically wonderful if he could be off of ALL medications!!!!!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Honeybuns. Hope you had a great one.

Comment

• Since it was my birthday, I opted to do something I NEVER do and play couch potato all day. One day was enough. I just do not understand how people can do it day after day after day. B-O-R-I-N-G!!!

I'm not going to be one of those people who whine about Primal not working when I am the one who has been allowing cheats, treats and poor food choices to sneak back in. The meals are spot on but I have been more lax about things like eating desserts, having cookies in the house, etc. I have more willpower than what I have been exhibiting lately. Out of sight, out of mind needs to be what I concentrate on. If those things were in a cupboard somewhere I wouldn't even think about them.

Time to get back into the swing of things doing my outside work. This rain isn't going away and there is a lot to be done. The reward will be the satisfaction of having it behind me plus the hot bath by candlelight!

Comment

• Hey, Honeybuns! Where are you?

Comment

• Oh, thank you for missing me! I haven't gone far. I've been very discouraged lately and I try not to post negative things.

I really don't want to keep on going up and down within the same ten pound weight frame. Even though my eating hasn't changed I am up AGAIN. I'll blame it on hormones. Some people think that is bull but I know better. Those that poo-poo it haven't experienced it.

My niece whom I haven't seen for quite a while came for a visit last week and she went on an RPR with us. Come to find out she needs Forest Fixes as much as I do and that we have a lot in common. When I come up with a cool getaway (cabin in the mountains?) she and I are going to do the girl thing our style. Oh, I took her to meet our butcher. Now they are Facebook friends. She thought he was cute. He thought she was gorgeous and 17 and was very excited to find out that she is 25! Whatever happens next, I did my part and now I'm out of it.

Major life change in my future. Our home is built near a beautiful deep ravine. Close but not too close. The hill is starting to slide helped along, I'm sure, by the fact that beavers have dammed the creek at the bottom. This is not a good thing. DH wants to sell and move (again) and if it were anything but the hill sliding I'd be fighting him tooth and nail as I have moved too much the past 35 years. I want and need stability and continuity. We have no idea where to go next, but are ready to go where it doesn't rain 80 inches a year. I need hills and trees, preferably without rattlesnakes.

I'll try not to disappear again.

Comment

• I hear you about not wanting to post negative things. (Doesn't keep me from doing it, but at least I am wishing I were positive. ) Sorry to hear you are struggling. And rather alarmed to hear about your house sliding away. What an image!
                              Thanks for coming back: I like getting my Honeybuns fix.

Comment

• I will endeavor to do better.

Right outside the house is a very large, very old oak tree. It has a spread of at least fifty feet. The annual leaf dump has begun. I actually like picking up the leaves, unlike a lot of people. Sometimes it is dry enough weather that I can use the riding lawn mower to get most of them but most of the time it is too wet. I found out last year that it is just as fast to rake them and dump them in my big cart or pick up the ones I can't rake by bending down and getting them one by one. It sounds tedious, I know, but it is terrific exercise and makes an immediate difference. The way I look at it, I could bitch, moan and complain about having to pick up the leaves or I could rejoice that I have a very good reason for being outside and avoiding the housework!!

Comment

Working...
                                X