Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Mental Attitude
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I need my PMA more than ever right now but I just can't seem to find it. I felt myself sliding into depression this morning over something I found out yesterday and realized i needed to talk to someone before I went any deeper into it. I called my cousin, who said she'd call me right back. Well, that was over two hours ago and she hasn't. It shouldn't surprise me as she never calls back when she says she is going to. Still depressed. I tried working in the greenhouse, didn't help. I've been sitting on the couch for a couple of hours now with the dogs sleeping on either side of me. What a waste of time but I just can't seem to get myself out of it. I need someone to make me laugh! I DO NOT like feeling this way! DH is gone and I could be getting so much done but all I can do is sit and hope to hell this headache goes away before it turns into a migraine.

I'll be okay eventually. I just need someone to make me laugh.

Comment

• Are you ticklish?
        Comin' at you!

Comment

• Okay, that did it! I now have a big grin on my face at the thought of a cyber tickle. Thank you, Sabine!!

I just learned that the sister that I thought I had a good relationship with doesn't even LIKE me. No wonder I got bummed out. I am back to my usual self now, though, and don't plan on wasting any more time wallowing in self-pity.

Comment

• Gosh, sorry you are sad, wish I was online to tickle you too...

What's the deal with your sister? Oh sisters, aren't we meant to love/hate each other, especially when there are more than 2 and you gang up on each other in various permutations. How did you find out she doesn't like you and could the person who delivered the message have other motivations (esp if another sister)? Not like you ever or in response to a specific incident? Sorry to pry but I am curious.

Hate her back and relish every moment of it. You might like it. You might feel relief not trying to navigate the emotional rollercoaster of maintaining supposedly sacred relationships you *have* to make work.

Mind you, I haven't talked to one of my sisters for years and I am angry at her on your behalf but I kind of mean it!

Comment

• Whoa. That is rough. What a horrible thing to have to deal with. I'm so sorry.

Comment

• I found out by something her husband said to my husband. All this time I thought we had a friendship. I should have clued in when I realized we never have conversations any more.

Oh, well. Another day and it is her loss, right? There are other people who like me for who I am.

I roasted/baked a whole fryer yesterday. That thing has been taking up space in my freezer for over two years. Thankfully no freezer burn. Today the stockpot will be simmering all day long and make the house smell fantastic! DH is gone until tonight so he'll get to come home to some really good smells.

Today will be all about mowing, planting, digging turf, fixing my baby blanket boo-boo and hopefully getting the bums up into the hills for a long overdue RPR. Right now they are cuddled up on the couch with me just as tight as they can get. Have you ever tried to type with a big head over the keyboard?!!

Comment

• Took the dogs on a very short RPR this afternoon and was reminded why I don't do these on sunny afternoons. Heat reflecting up off the gravel, giving the dogs water frequently, not wanting to explore......I guess you could call me a heat wimp. I far prefer the cool of early morning and would definitely rather be out on a cool, cloudy or rainy day. It has been far too long since we've done our usual three to four hour RPR. Lots of short ones until we get the muscles built back up.

I need to figure out a way to break out of this plateau. I would really like to be below 180 one of these days this year. It is just going to take some experimentation to see what works, I guess. Note to self.......avoid the almond M&M's.

Comment

• Good for you, you spambot!

Not only have I been spammed, it isn't even from my journal!!

Comment

• Lol! What a marvelous spambotification to fall in your jourmal.

I have been skydiving, maybe this is a sign, you should do it!

That sucks and to find out by husband. Meh, love and cherish the people who love and respect you and don't worry about those you feel compelled to, unless the effort is equal.

Now, the plateau. I would say shake up the exercise but you have such great varied activities. ummm, try cutting dairy? A carb refeed? A night on the booze shakes things up...seriously. In 2010 I broke a 7 wk plateau with a night on the red. I don't have any different answers, it is incredibly frustrating isn't it?

I would love a doggy here right now!

Comment

• The difficult part is that I don't know if I should be eating more or eating less. I'm suspecting more, given my activity level but eating when you don't feel like it sucks. I'm not going to stress about it as I have plenty of time to figure it out.

Comment

• I have to avoid PEANUT BUTTER M&Ms and dark chocolate w/ sea salt covered almonds. I can happily eat a whole container/bag. They are like crack, I tell you!

On sisters: my sister and I are young yet (25 and 24 respectively) and I think we get along pretty well. We are not the bestest of buddies, though sometimes we have our bonding moments. She is deeply invested in her own problems right now and I've gotten tired of trying to reach out and talk to her or make things happen. We have a lifetime to sort it out, I suppose, so I'm just hoping she gets her crap together so I can have a random shopping outing buddy again. I don't really "do" female friends. I'm sorry things are not good with you and your sister right now. Maybe she is just having a rough time of things and mistakenly taking it out on your relationship?

On eating more or eating less: I know it's not always as simple as this, but sometimes just eating WELL for a while, no cheat, disregarding portions and everything (maybe just stick to a schedule so snacking doesn't creep in), can really help to level things out until you are ready to figure out more or less. There are so many factors to weight loss, I've come to understand, so it's good to give yourself a baseline every now and then.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• I can see the inside of my belly button again!!

Comment

• Sweet! Haha funny enough, I can relate to that discovery. I had an outtie as a kid until mid-high school and when I'm leaner now, the "button" is more visible, though I doubt it'll ever pop out again.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I was just so excited that I had to tell somebody and my husband just did not appreciate how cool it was. Especially cool because it confirms that my belly fat is decreasing, not increasing like I thought it was. Now, if I could get it to just stop jiggling!!

My DH has been assembling a greenhouse for my sister for the past couple of weeks. That sucker is 15' x 20'. Lots of riveting, lots of futzy work. It is almost done and DH has gotten real frustrated because it is a 90 mile drive from here to there. He was just so sure that they were taking it for granted. Well, yesterday a 50" plasma TV, top line Panasonic, shows up at our house as a thank you gift for him. Just blew him away!! It has been fun watching him try to wrap his head around it.

My blueberry bushes are absolutely loaded this year. Hurry up and get ripe already!

Comment

Working...
                                X