No announcement yet.

Making a difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worry, we'll still be here when you have nothing better to do than hang out with us online
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Thanks!

Well, I did get thirteen trees and shrubs planted yesterday. Too bad they weren't the big ones! Back under the house tomorrow to pull wires, which puts me one step closer to having a kitchen.

Bought a few new things at the natural foods store today. Tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, almond meal. Now I have to learn how to use them.

I have given up on thinking about losing weight and am just concentrating on eating and feeling better. Once I'm post surgery and I stop this survival eating I may or may not worry about it. I will not go back to eating the way I was. I like being able to breathe out of both my nostrils at once.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Dh is learning first hand what binges will do to you. Well, not really binges but allowing treats on a regular basis. He is up five pounds while I am holding steady. We are eating the same meals but he has been snacking on cookies and cashews. I haven't. The cashews were purchased so I could make trail mix for my hikes. I thought I put them in a safe place but when I went to get them half the bag was gone. I am never going to tell him what he can and cannot eat because if I did he'd do just the opposite.

Comment

• Day after tomorrow. Surgery. UGH. Four weeks of not lifting more than ten pounds. UGH.

Today. Scrambling to get things moved into the greenhouse to overwinter. Scrambling to get things planted. Scrambling to get the last of the wires in the crawlspace pulled.

Tomorrow. Making lots of primal food for the freezer so DH has to think about what is for dinner the first week I am laid up. Scrambling to get things planted. Scrambling, scrambling, scrambling.

Day after tomorrow. Someone else gets to scramble while I "kick back".

Comment

• Good luck with your surgery, honeybuns! I hope your hubby takes good care of you while you're resting. Looks like you're going to need a rest after all that scrambling! I bet the weight loss and the primal diet will really help to speed your recovery!
            Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
            Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
            "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Good luck with your surgery. Recovery has to be better when you are primal!
              Diver Girl goes Primal Journal

Comment

• I hope you got the freezer well stocked and hubby well trained. Good luck with your surgery, and a speedy recovery!
                My Primal Journal

Comment

• Thank you everyone!

Today is the day. No food or beverages after midnight. Check. Thanks to this way of eating I never eat before 10:30am anyway and by then I'll be in the OR. Why on a morning I cannot have coffee or tea did I have to wake up a full five hours early?? Thank goodness for reading the forums!

Food is in the freezer, hubby knows his duties and I get to be a lazy bum for a change!!

Comment

• Good luck with the surgery and the healing! Sending healthy thoughts your way.

Enjoy the lazing about, too
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Good luck for the surgery (Skill is better but a little luck can't hurt either.)

and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I enjoy reading your journal.
                      Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Comment

• I am home! One night in the hospital was plenty, thank you very much.

Let's see. The doctor said that considering the amount of work he did in my abdomen he expected far more bleeding (yay clotting!), for me to have far more pain, and for me to spend more time in the hospital than I did. I did not take a single pain pill! Breakfast the day after surgery consisted of scrambled eggs and bacon followed by two hard boiled eggs DH brought me. What a sweetheart! I ended up doing six laps up and down the hall, four of them by myself. I could see no good reason for them to keep me there another night. What was so funny is that the nurse kept trying to get me to order lunch. After a high protein meal just a couple of hours earlier, no way was I ready for anything to eat!
                        So good to be home. While I was MIA, the cabinet guy got the countertops almost done. Soon, very soon I'll have a kitchen again! The doctor told hubby point blank that for the next month I am not to crawl under the house, move any furniture, not do anything but heal.

I am going to miss my RPR's.

Comment

• Good thing I decided not to worry about weight any more. Post surgery i am up ten pounds. I know that is fluids etc and is my body's reaction to what was done to it. Good news is that i will not only lose those ten pounds but also the weight of my ginormous uterus with tumors and the doc said that removing that should get my body back in synch and I'll drop even more weight.

Comment

• Yay to a quick recovery to get out! Amazing what a little bacon can do.

Hey, since you almost have a kitchen and can't do any heavy lifting- it's a perfect excuse to start on those recipes you've been talking about! (Ok, so it might not help the 10#, but you're in recovery right now- weight is secondary)

Comment

• For sure I'll be doing recipe research! I really do not want to be in a rut and with DH embracing this lifestyle we could have new taste adventures!

Comment

• Yay, I'm glad you're healing so well! I think that when you're up for it, RPR sounds like a very healing activity (if you stay out of the ravines, anyway).
                                Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                                Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                                "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Working...
                                X